Fox Instincts

walleyeguy
1/7/2015 1:29pm Edited Date/Time 1/7/2015 11:40pm
I just got my size 12 instincts from BTO.my question is they are pretty snug. They push pretty hard on my ankles and squeeze the top of my feet. My Alpinestars tech 8's are size 11 and they fit great. My sneakers and hunting boots run between 11 and 12 depending on what brand. Will the instincts "break in" or do they fit pretty much like they're going to out of the box? From most of what I've read about these is they require little to no break in which makes me nervous. My toes have plenty of space in front and all around but they just feel tight at the ankles and like I said.....they squeeze the top part (the bridge I guess)?
|
1/7/2015 1:33pm
walleyeguy wrote:
I just got my size 12 instincts from BTO.my question is they are pretty snug. They push pretty hard on my ankles and squeeze the top...
I just got my size 12 instincts from BTO.my question is they are pretty snug. They push pretty hard on my ankles and squeeze the top of my feet. My Alpinestars tech 8's are size 11 and they fit great. My sneakers and hunting boots run between 11 and 12 depending on what brand. Will the instincts "break in" or do they fit pretty much like they're going to out of the box? From most of what I've read about these is they require little to no break in which makes me nervous. My toes have plenty of space in front and all around but they just feel tight at the ankles and like I said.....they squeeze the top part (the bridge I guess)?
Think you might need to go up at least 1 size man. I normally run a size 8 but to get the correct fit for me I needed a 10! I was experiencing the same problem as urself also, toe box was fie but was tight along the top of my foot when I tried on.
1/7/2015 1:34pm
walleyeguy wrote:
I just got my size 12 instincts from BTO.my question is they are pretty snug. They push pretty hard on my ankles and squeeze the top...
Think you might need to go up at least 1 size man. I normally run a size 8 but to get the correct fit for me I needed a 10! I was experiencing the same problem as urself also, toe box was fie but was tight along the top of my foot when I tried on
Ps and this was the newer style that are supposed to run bigger than the last (tighter) ones
walleyeguy
1/7/2015 1:38pm
Yeah. These are the 14' models. That's why I got the 12's. I think I'll get ahold of bto and see if they have 13's.
mxb2
1/7/2015 1:47pm Edited Date/Time 1/7/2015 1:49pm
14 instincts run 1 size small, 2015 instincts true to size and better buckles.and get some extra buckles if you keep the 14 models.

The Shop

Roostermx58
1/7/2015 1:47pm
I have some 13's if they don't have them. usedmxboots.com
newmann
1/7/2015 1:51pm
I have a pair of white size 13 Instincts that I'll be putting up for sale. Worn just a couple times. I wear between a size 13 (if I can get wide enough) and a 14. The Instincts are absolutely the most comfortable boot I've ever had out of the box, but it is pretty tight around my foot. Going to spend a few more rides in my black Gaerne SG12's (size 13 also) before I decide to sell them. Looks like a size 14 boot is in my future......hate that. Sad
walleyeguy
1/7/2015 1:53pm
You didn't have trouble with them being too long just to get the width you needed benchracer? I've been wearing them around the house for about 45 min. They are loosening up but my feet are getting sore.
1/7/2015 1:58pm
I love the look of the instIncts , I got an insane deal on them last year so I bought them , I wear 11 in my gaerne so I bought the same in the fox, but they where way small, bought them in 12 and where still way to uncomfortable.I ended up selling them the gaernes are just WAY to comfortable so I sold the fox boots. I dont think their is a boot out their that is more comfortable than the gaernes
1/7/2015 2:02pm
walleyeguy wrote:
You didn't have trouble with them being too long just to get the width you needed benchracer? I've been wearing them around the house for about...
You didn't have trouble with them being too long just to get the width you needed benchracer? I've been wearing them around the house for about 45 min. They are loosening up but my feet are getting sore.
No bud they do seem to be ok although I have not rode in them yet! They are the new 15 instincts , although I dint believe fox has fixed the sizing at all as I was always a size 8 in alpinestars/gaernes! The length doesn't feel too big if u no what I mean just feel a bit roomier/ comfier along the top of my foot where the bottom buckle is.
1/7/2015 2:06pm
I love the look of the instIncts , I got an insane deal on them last year so I bought them , I wear 11 in...
I love the look of the instIncts , I got an insane deal on them last year so I bought them , I wear 11 in my gaerne so I bought the same in the fox, but they where way small, bought them in 12 and where still way to uncomfortable.I ended up selling them the gaernes are just WAY to comfortable so I sold the fox boots. I dont think their is a boot out their that is more comfortable than the gaernes
I tend to agree with this ... And I do love sg 12,s! But the fox boots are nice looking and are very light and fairly comfy, plus I was bought them as a gift so u can bet am gonna give them a shot..... Gotta be better than my last boots.. Tech 10s only lasted bout a year and have fell to bits
moscrop940
1/7/2015 3:06pm
The 14 boots run very strange. Truth be told I run a 10 1/2 in shoes, but had to buy a 13 size instinct boot. Strange as all get it out.

Do yourself a favor and get the perfect size, once they fit right they are the best boot in the game! Seriously. I always thought it was funky running fox boots with another brand of gear for pants and jerseys, but after I wore them once I really don't care anymore, they are too good NOT to run them!
walleyeguy
1/7/2015 4:46pm
Yep. I've worn them about 1 1/2 hours around the house and the squeeze the shot out of my ankles and the top of my foot by the first buckle. Size 13 it is.
Cmiller493
1/7/2015 9:24pm
I just bought some and found the same problem. My friend said that he had the same issue and once they were broke in they felt fine. I wear an 11 shoe and got a size 12 boot. Its a tight squeeze getting my foot in the boot but once its in there I have plenty of room its just really tight on my ankles.
bryan
1/7/2015 11:40pm
I had to go up 2 sizes for Instincts, but they're great!

Post a reply to: Fox Instincts

The Latest