Fox Instinct fit ?

Related:
Create New Tag

6/16/2018 7:29 AM

Hi guys I'm looking at selling my SG12's and maybe going to the Fox boots . Can anyone tell me how they fit size wise? Also how do they stack up to the SG's ? thanks

|

6/16/2018 7:39 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/16/2018 7:41 AM

MX558 wrote:

Hi guys I'm looking at selling my SG12's and maybe going to the Fox boots . Can anyone tell me how they fit size wise? Also ...more

They tend to run a little small. By example, I wear the following sizes...

SG12 - 8
Sidi - 8.5
Tech 10 - 8
Instinct - 9

In a perfect world, I'd have an 8.5 Instinct (which I have had before, they make some for Reed and I got my hands on a few pairs). I've had quite a few buddies go up a size in the Instinct when compared to their A-Stars of Gaernes.

The Instinct in an 8 is wearable, but the middle of my foot forward into the toe box area is way too tight. A size 9 is quite good, I just have to run the second buckle up a little tighter to contain my foot in the ankle area.

For me, the Fox is hands down easy to move about in when on the bike and the feel of controls is extremely good. SG-12s are super comfortable but lack feel for me. It takes quite a bit for me to get used to being in SG12s again. Secondly, the Fox has a sole profile that is easy to move about on, going from instep to the balls of your feet is an easy motion on the Instinct.

Downside, the Fox does wear/go softer a bit quicker in the sense of mid boot/pivot stiffness.

|

6/16/2018 8:03 AM

Thanks ML , The reason for the switch is the new SG's are a little bigger than the older style which I really liked . I wear size 9's in Atstars (don't like the bootie) and Sg's so I'll probably look for a 10 in the Fox's as I have a wider foot too .

|

6/16/2018 8:06 AM

ohhh great info for the sizing. ML always coming in clutch.

I tried some instincts on the other day and right out of the box the interior finish is amazing

|

Greg D.
2018 yz250f

6/16/2018 8:23 AM

I agree with ML on the fit. My tech 10s in an 11 are a hair big and 10s are too small. Instincts in size 11 fit me perfect, and i love them. Probably my favorite boots ever.

|

6/16/2018 8:28 AM

Just FYI- i saw a Rocky Mountain product review that stated Fox fixed their sizing issue in 2018 so the new ones fit true to size. Cant personally vouch for this for the instincts since i have the 2017’s but for what it’s worth, i wear an 11.5 in and my size 11’s 2018 Fox 180’s fit perfect whereas my size 11’s 3016 instincts were too small. I ended up exchanging for size 12’s which actually feel slightly big but I’ll take slightly big over sore feet.

|

6/16/2018 8:31 AM

i wear a 9 in tech 10's but a 10 in instincts

|

6/16/2018 8:42 AM

HusqFan3 wrote:

Just FYI- i saw a Rocky Mountain product review that stated Fox fixed their sizing issue in 2018 so the new ones fit true to ...more

I feel like they may have adjusted the sizing by a quarter or so on the newest batch but it's still a bit off when comparing to A-stars and Gaerne. Fox gave me a pair of 8s for photos the other day and I rode the Kawi intro in them. They're still too tight but a tad bit better than some 8s they gave me two years ago.

|

6/16/2018 9:12 AM

MX558 wrote:

Hi guys I'm looking at selling my SG12's and maybe going to the Fox boots . Can anyone tell me how they fit size wise? Also ...more

ML512 wrote:

They tend to run a little small. By example, I wear the following sizes...

SG12 - 8
Sidi - 8.5
Tech 10 - 8
Instinct - 9

In a ...more

ML is spot on. I wear a 46/47 in Gaerne SG12’s i’m currently on the instincts in size 48.

Super comfortable boots with solid protection and more flexible than the SG12. In my opinion, so far after a year, it’s not nearly as durable though.

|