Forrest Butler On Signing Davi Millsaps

Related:
Create New Tag

8/27/2015 10:42 AM

|

8/27/2015 10:50 AM

The SX/MX discussion is interesting because it sounds the opposite of what Davi said in his interview

|

8/27/2015 11:00 AM

As of right now everything appears to be all roses with Kamp KTM. Hopefully Davi comes out swinging at A1. I sure enjoyed his run that season.

I think Vital would explode if Davi, Reed and even Canard came out battling for the win.

|

8/27/2015 11:03 AM

He said Davi wants to race outdoors...

|

Who Ever Dies With The Most Toys Wins...
No Point Waiting Till Then... Newman Wins

8/27/2015 7:12 PM

h&m_cycle wrote:

We all know that is UPS looses your parts, you cant race.

|

8/27/2015 7:59 PM

I dunno man , I really hope Davi has his shit together and actually goes out and does his job. The Job those guys are paying him to do. I'm still lost on that whole Kawi deal. He has to be kicking himself in the ass for that. Personally , I'll need to see it before I believe it. He's always been known as a nice guy , but a real lazy SOB! And hopefully he isn't going out to just " ride around for a pay check ".....because we all know what he's capable of if he sets his mind to it.

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

8/27/2015 8:20 PM

jeffro503 wrote:

I dunno man , I really hope Davi has his shit together and actually goes out and does his job. The Job those guys are paying him to do. I'm still lost on that whole Kawi deal. He has to be kicking himself in the ass for that. Personally , I'll need to see it before I believe it. He's always been known as a nice guy , but a real lazy SOB! And hopefully he isn't going out to just " ride around for a pay check ".....because we all know what he's capable of if he sets his mind to it.

So it sounds like Toradol, a high-strength anti-inflammatory was found in his locker.

Also, I think the rumors of Davi being lazy and just riding for a paycheck are blown out of proportion. We will certainly find out a lot about the guy this coming year. If he's healthy he should have more motivation than he has ever had before, and he's riding what appears to be a super nice piece.

|

8/27/2015 8:57 PM

I feel he is usually lazy. But, the year he did good at sx is the year he rode his private sx track at milestone (almost) everyday!

|

8/27/2015 11:19 PM

He's a thing of the past. Time to move on and give his sponsorship to a more deserving rider.

|

8/28/2015 12:05 AM

h&m_cycle wrote:

imoto34 wrote:

We all know that is UPS looses your parts, you cant race.

Isn't that getting a bit old yet? Why can't we just wait and see how he does? I'm not the biggest fan of his but i still want to see him do well, guy's had pretty rough few years...

|

8/28/2015 5:39 AM

Hearing Forrest on the Pulp Show made me rethink Davi a bit. I thought it might have just been for a paycheck but now I think he really could come out swinging. It's hard to de-tangle the injuries from a lack of motivation. He certainly likes to prove people wrong and the racing will be better for it if he can.

|

8/28/2015 5:50 AM

Crisp BRAAAP! wrote:

Hearing Forrest on the Pulp Show made me rethink Davi a bit. I thought it might have just been for a paycheck but now I think he really could come out swinging. It's hard to de-tangle the injuries from a lack of motivation. He certainly likes to prove people wrong and the racing will be better for it if he can.

I think the culture of some teams can really wear on a guys ambition too. There's been some grumblings that all is not well in team Kawi and I imagine it's easy to get discouraged when they're telling you that RV could ride the bike and win on it, so you should be able to ride the bike and win also.

|

8/28/2015 7:16 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/28/2015 7:20 AM

Crisp BRAAAP! wrote:

IWreckALot wrote:

I think the culture of some teams can really wear on a guys ambition too. There's been some grumblings that all is not well in team Kawi and I imagine it's easy to get discouraged when they're telling you that RV could ride the bike and win on it, so you should be able to ride the bike and win also.

Kind of what I always thought might have been more of an issue than the Toradal or whatever Kawie claimed to have fired him for that was "found in his locker". I mean, come on! It's not like the guy was doing bigtime PED's or illegal substances or the like. I have always wondered if this was a great way for Kawasaki to get rid of a guy who they could tell wouldn't play along with their game. The whole deal was too "hush-hush" to have been anything serious IMO.

It also makes me wonder how well Tomac will ultimately work with the structure and culture of Team Kawasaki. I can see Villapoto being ok with it...since it was basically a team that revolved around him, and I can see Hahn being ok with it because he's probably just thrilled shitless to be on any factory team at this point and have another year of contract to draw a paycheck. Weimer may have been just content to shut his mouth, and ride his contract out to the bitter end, and he seems to like the Team Tedder deal better anyway...and he looks a lot more comfy and fast on their bike than the factory bike. Wonder why? I hope all the rumblings about the inner working of Kawasaki are all wrong, and that ET3 can build a championship run there.

All that said...I hope that Millsaps is comfy on the KTM and can ride like he's proven he's capable of. He's on a great team, and the bikes are obviously as good as the full-on factory jobbers...so he has no excuses.

|

8/28/2015 7:20 AM

Crisp BRAAAP! wrote:

IWreckALot wrote:

davistld01 wrote:

Kind of what I always thought might have been more of an issue than the Toradal or whatever Kawie claimed to have fired him for that was "found in his locker". I mean, come on! It's not like the guy was doing bigtime PED's or illegal substances or the like. I have always wondered if this was a great way for Kawasaki to get rid of a guy who they could tell wouldn't play along with their game. The whole deal was too "hush-hush" to have been anything serious IMO.

It also makes me wonder how well Tomac will ultimately work with the structure and culture of Team Kawasaki. I can see Villapoto being ok with it...since it was basically a team that revolved around him, and I can see Hahn being ok with it because he's probably just thrilled shitless to be on any factory team at this point and have another year of contract to draw a paycheck. Weimer may have been just content to shut his mouth, and ride his contract out to the bitter end, and he seems to like the Team Tedder deal better anyway...and he looks a lot more comfy and fast on their bike than the factory bike. Wonder why? I hope all the rumblings about the inner working of Kawasaki are all wrong, and that ET3 can build a championship run there.

All that said...I hope that Millsaps is comfy on the KTM and can ride like he's proven he's capable of. He's on a great team, and the bikes are obviously as good as the full-on factory jobbers...so he has no excuses.

Kawi "had" issues, now they have a new guy leading race operations who used to work there for years and is probably well liked by almost everyone. Tomac coming on in 2016 is perfect timing IMO.

|

8/28/2015 7:26 AM

All you guys saying David will "come out swinging". When's the last time someone landed on the podium with a BTO Sports/KTM?

|

8/28/2015 8:12 AM

Evan_Steinberg wrote:

All you guys saying David will "come out swinging". When's the last time someone landed on the podium with a BTO Sports/KTM?

did davi steal your girl or something? whats with all the hate?

|

8/28/2015 8:20 AM

Evan_Steinberg wrote:

Your post makes it seem like it's the teams fault. Davi is a better rider than both shorty and Brayton.

|

8/28/2015 8:28 AM

Evan_Steinberg wrote:

I'm no Davi fan, but Shorty had the bike up front in SX heat races and some mains, Davi should be faster than Short so anything is possible.

|

8/28/2015 8:42 AM

Evan_Steinberg wrote:

The bike isn't an issue, he's riding a factory ktm, the bike that just won both 450 titles.

|

8/28/2015 8:45 AM

Evan_Steinberg wrote:

Please just stop. For everyone's sake.

|

8/28/2015 8:49 AM

Evan_Steinberg wrote:

Who is David?

|

8/28/2015 8:49 AM

Evan_Steinberg wrote:

Jt$ wrote:

|

8/28/2015 9:36 AM

Evan_Steinberg wrote:

When's the last time you posted anything of value? Yeah...I know. Same length of time.

|

8/28/2015 10:37 AM

Davi will win races in 16.....stamp it

|

8/28/2015 10:44 AM

djdesignsco.mx wrote:

Are you a betting man...

|

8/28/2015 11:08 AM

Place one fork in him, he is done.

|

The name on the rock is Arch...Arch Stanton.

8/28/2015 4:53 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/28/2015 4:55 PM

Only race Davi will win is a local race.

|

much ty. How to spot a paid forum poster/artificial forum traffic producer (see list of actions/phrases below):

Copius pattern amounts of phrases like “Anyone have”..., “Anybody know?”.... and their variations.

Thoughts?
Any help is appreciated!
Thanks in advance!

8/28/2015 4:57 PM

kzizok wrote:

Only race Davi will win is a local race.

He won MEC a year ago... He's undefeated...

|

Who Ever Dies With The Most Toys Wins...
No Point Waiting Till Then... Newman Wins

8/28/2015 4:58 PM

Evan_Steinberg wrote:

Jt$ wrote:

When's the last time JT?

|

8/28/2015 4:58 PM

djdesignsco.mx wrote:

The Narrator wrote:

Are you a betting man...

Not with your creepy ass

|