Former factory pro bike for sale

Related:
Create New Tag

7/6/2017 1:43 PM

|

7/6/2017 1:47 PM

Not a big Honda guy here, but man thosw Geico bike's are sexy.

|

7/6/2017 3:10 PM

Hard to imagine someone paying that for a bike that is several years old. How much trick stuff is left when they are sold? From a collectable standpoint, which race bikes would be the ones to try and snap up these days? It's not exactly the same as the real works bikes of old where everything was one off. I've seen some gems at the Fox HQ.

Photo

Photo

Oh how I wanted to find a tooth brush and some WD 40 to clean up that magnesium...

Photo

|

7/6/2017 4:43 PM

newmann wrote:

Hard to imagine someone paying that for a bike that is several years old. How much trick stuff is left when they are sold? From a collectable standpoint, which race bikes would be the ones to try and snap up these days? It's not exactly the same as the real works bikes of old where everything was one off. I've seen some gems at the Fox HQ.

Photo

Photo

Oh how I wanted to find a tooth brush and some WD 40 to clean up that magnesium...

Photo

There's nothing trick left on them when they sell them. A guy I know bought KW's bike. Looked sweet as can be though!

|

7/6/2017 4:45 PM

Won't have any of the trick suspension or motor stuff but that's still a good price for a very well maintained and "fresh" race bike.

|

7/8/2017 3:31 AM

good price

|

18 Yamaha YZ450F
94 Honda CR 500
90 Honda CR 500
81 Yamaha SR 500
68 BSA Thunderbolt
69 Triumph Tiger 100

7/8/2017 3:58 AM

If it is legit, I think it is a good deal, you couldn't even buy a nice used stock bike and put half those parts on it for that price. If it was close to me it probably be in my collection lol!

|

2020 YZ450F
2018 KTM 450SXF FE
2016 YZ250F 2008 CRF450R
2015 YZ250F 2008 CRF250R
2001 CR250R
2010 YZ250 2012 CRF150R
2009 YZ125 2010 KX109.5
SSR Motorsports Dealer
TAGMX Suspension & Graphics! www.tagmxsuspension.com https://www.liquidskinzdesign.com/

7/8/2017 4:16 AM

But does it have a factory ecu? wink

|

7/8/2017 5:14 AM

Clean bike,. Pretty sure that year he used a pretty stock crf and did good. Maybe remap, ignition? Pipe and suspension . Geico puts them back almost stock and sells them. Only a few parts on them as sold. No trick parts.

|

7/9/2017 2:29 AM

I am from Minnesota and can tell you right now that the bike isn't a "factory" race bike. It was owned by CC and/or geico but definitely isn't a spec race bike they use.

|

7/9/2017 4:18 AM

newmann wrote:

Photo

Photo

Photo

Toothbrush to clean the magnesium... smile

I thought I heard you were a wire brush cleaning kind of guy, especially after a mud race. devil

|

7/9/2017 6:36 AM

newmann wrote:

Photo

Photo

Photo

neverwasfastenuf wrote:

Toothbrush to clean the magnesium... smile

I thought I heard you were a wire brush cleaning kind of guy, especially after a mud race. devil

We are going to need a picture of wire brush cleaning going on. wink

|

7/9/2017 6:56 AM

sgrimmxdad wrote:

If it is legit, I think it is a good deal, you couldn't even buy a nice used stock bike and put half those parts on it for that price. If it was close to me it probably be in my collection lol!

It's a crf with some nice parts that anyone can buy.

|

7/9/2017 7:36 AM

sgrimmxdad wrote:

mxb2 wrote:

It would not be hard to buy similar bikes and make em look the same for less money. This will likely sell to someone with a hard on for CC or just a collector. Non the less, that is one good looking dirtbike. Wouldnt it be a shame to have to be the first out on a local race day for a warm up in a nice, wet loamy track ? Leave staging pinned and hanging off the back, 2 strokes or 4, fuck ya!

|

7/9/2017 8:21 AM

sgrimmxdad wrote:

mxb2 wrote:

imoto34 wrote:

It would not be hard to buy similar bikes and make em look the same for less money. This will likely sell to someone with a hard on for CC or just a collector. Non the less, that is one good looking dirtbike. Wouldnt it be a shame to have to be the first out on a local race day for a warm up in a nice, wet loamy track ? Leave staging pinned and hanging off the back, 2 strokes or 4, fuck ya!

Agreed, good bike to have ride or collect.

|

7/9/2017 8:57 AM

Nice ,clean bike. Agreed it's not trick but Honda's just look good. The problem for this gentlemen, myself or any other old guy is that the "NEW" models come out which makes the value drop drastically.
I have $4500 in parts alone on my 12 RMZ450 with 18 hours and I'd be lucky to get $4500 for the bike. dizzy

|