Form when riding single track

philshizzal
Edited Date/Time 1/1/2020 8:29pm
Hey everyone! I’ve been riding a long time, mostly simgle track in the desert, but I still feel like I can’t find that balance point when standing up. I keep more of a neutral position which isn’t helping my speed etc. question I have is how far forward should I actually be leaning? Head and chest totally over the bars ? Just the head? I can’t seem to get it right. Any help would be appreciated.

Thx
|
MxKing809
Fantasy
334th
12/31/2019 6:58pm
Same as moto, attack up with chin above the bar pad.

While learning the woods bounce on the pegs like you’re on a trampoline. It helped me connect weighting pegs to make slight turns and add english to the bike. Having the bike pre-leaned by active peg weighting is a huge help.
skeef
Fantasy
1407th
12/31/2019 7:13pm
MxKing809 wrote:
Same as moto, attack up with chin above the bar pad. While learning the woods bounce on the pegs like you’re on a trampoline. It helped...

While learning the woods bounce on the pegs like you’re on a trampoline. It helped me connect weighting pegs to make slight turns and add english to the bike. Having the bike pre-leaned by active peg weighting is a huge help.
Single track desert is different from single track woods, just because the desert is more of a marbled floor. Riding in front or on top of the bike gives you too much wheel spin. I find myself on the flat spot of my feet. I ride neutral and try to float the front end as much as possible and keep the power on the rear. I agree though that adding foot movement on the pegs does add that “English.” I always try to keep the bike moving and keep myself centered. I normally smoke my buddies because I section everything. 2, 2, corner. Or 1, 3, corner. The single track by me is whooped out because of high traffic. I ride non single track desert as far over the bars as I can. Like Dust to Glory/Baja 1000 style.
mxbrian15
1/1/2020 5:40am
Do I spy a Wanker jersey in the 4th to last pic?
1/1/2020 8:12am
MxKing809 wrote:
Same as moto, attack up with chin above the bar pad. While learning the woods bounce on the pegs like you’re on a trampoline. It helped...

skeef wrote:
Single track desert is different from single track woods, just because the desert is more of a marbled floor. Riding in front or on top of...
Single track desert is different from single track woods, just because the desert is more of a marbled floor. Riding in front or on top of the bike gives you too much wheel spin. I find myself on the flat spot of my feet. I ride neutral and try to float the front end as much as possible and keep the power on the rear. I agree though that adding foot movement on the pegs does add that “English.” I always try to keep the bike moving and keep myself centered. I normally smoke my buddies because I section everything. 2, 2, corner. Or 1, 3, corner. The single track by me is whooped out because of high traffic. I ride non single track desert as far over the bars as I can. Like Dust to Glory/Baja 1000 style.
This is pretty solid desert riding advice by skeef. All I know is AZ desert but it’s like riding on marbles, you can’t really ride too far forward, or at least I can’t otherwise the back end wants to just spin. Tire pressure will make a huge difference as well. I try to run around 13 lbs (that seems to be my magic number) and was actually running tubliss systems for a while to get even lower, which was amazing for traction, just didn’t like changing the tires with the tubliss on. It’s all feel though and what works for you.

The Shop

1/1/2020 6:39pm
For me, I try to stay balanced over the bike so my weight isn’t in my hands. I like to keep a lose grip so I don’t get arm pump
Nuffsaid
1/1/2020 8:29pm
Single track riding is not a race, just enjoy it

Post a reply to: Form when riding single track

The Latest