Forkner's St Louis Troubles

3/22/2018 9:56pm
BD233 wrote:
[b]Exactly,[/b] ZO is the epitome of living the dream. Moved up to SX, didn't have the speed, got dropped, went to Europe, worked his ass off...
Exactly, ZO is the epitome of living the dream. Moved up to SX, didn't have the speed, got dropped, went to Europe, worked his ass off, came back and laid it down. Age has no bearing on anything. He wasn't as naturally talented as AF. He had to work a lot harder to get up to speed. It's so funny how people always find something to bitch about, within our own sport. The "developmental' class would be amateurs and or Arenacross BTW. Not the 250 class. It is a professional SX class.
I like the way you think.
make1go
3/23/2018 12:21am Edited Date/Time 3/23/2018 12:23am
BobPA wrote:
Those young guys should be embarrassed, seeing as they are stomped by a guy who is "past retirement age".
haha zing.....

anyone here that pulls this "hes to old to be there" crap goes on my 'got no idea' list.

its fckin national title ffs

KDXGarage
3/23/2018 2:15am
It's a dirt bike. People wreck.

As far as Osborne, he has been alive for 9 more years than Forkner. I don't know if he has been riding 9 years longer, but 9 years is a LONG time to learn over a 2nd year 19 year old guy.
Phantom 661
3/23/2018 10:59am Edited Date/Time 3/23/2018 12:03pm
TDeath21 wrote:
He’s experienced and that’s a huge advantage. Once he got the speed like he did two years ago, he should win it all easily on the...
He’s experienced and that’s a huge advantage. Once he got the speed like he did two years ago, he should win it all easily on the 250.
The developmental class for Zach was training and chasing around three of the sports top SX 450 riders every day over at the Bakery. This is...
The developmental class for Zach was training and chasing around three of the sports top SX 450 riders every day over at the Bakery.

This is top pro level racing. I expect to see exactly what these top 250 riders are producing regardless of their age. If some teens are too underdeveloped physically or lack experience then they might want to postpone entry at this level. The old will fade naturally and the results also.
TDeath21 wrote:
Of course it’s pro level racing. However, if you think the 250 is equal in prestige to the 450, then I’m not sure what to tell...
Of course it’s pro level racing. However, if you think the 250 is equal in prestige to the 450, then I’m not sure what to tell you. The 250 is clearly the class where you develop your skills and it is filled with teenagers doing just that.
I agree that there is a chasm between the 250 and 450 class. However, both classes are extremely difficult to compete in let alone excell at. There is a reason why many local 250 pro's never come close to making a main event at this level of racing. Pro SX is where most racers dreams come to die. It's a transition from being the big fish in your own pond to trying to feel at home swimming in deep, unfamiliar shark infested waters.

Development class? Yes and no. That term assumes you've already developed enough.... as a pro... to attempt developing into an SX pro. You kinda make it sound like because it's 250 and has been dubbed the development class, the level of difficulty racing in it is irrelevant. The fact that it's 250's is what's irrelevant.

I have nothing against teens racing Pro SX. However, I don't want to throw out the pool of talent to make way for under developed and under prepared teens at this racing level who "might" achieve something great down the road. This sport is about what you bring to the table.... today!

To sum up
Welcome to SX! Good luck, you're going to need it!

Edit-
Bry145 makes a decent argument for your side on page 3 in the Matthes podcast thread regarding this subject.

The Shop

Post a reply to: Forkner's St Louis Troubles

The Latest