Forkner's St Louis Troubles

jnickell
Fantasy
1738th
Edited Date/Time 3/23/2018 12:03pm
Forkner's issues in St. Louis were caused by several variables. One of them being youth and another was the fact that red decals are 100 times heavier than black or white. He looked really good until he hit the deck. Was it because of the red decal or youth? Or was it simply a crash that would have happened regardless? Oh, and don't forget about the other red decal that was chasing him. Regardless, I want to see this kid figure it out. I think he's got that "something special" that can't be manufactured.
|
gt80rider
3/19/2018 1:41pm

Is this in the right context? LOL

You could tell Forkner freak'n wanted that win in his home state BAD! He will get things figured out, he has crazy talent and determination, lets hope he keeps that head in check too.

jnickell
Fantasy
1738th
3/19/2018 1:44pm Edited Date/Time 3/19/2018 1:45pm
LOL... You NAILED the context! Is that Alessi's new front wheel mower? Look out Tickle...

Yeah, I didn't even consider the home state deal. That youngster had a lot going on between his ears that he hasn't really had to deal with much.
deluxeman
3/19/2018 1:46pm
That big white Husky hunting him down. He is still young and dumb, he will get smarter as the races progress. I think he will be a 250 and a 450 champion.
NorCal 50+
3/19/2018 6:01pm Edited Date/Time 3/19/2018 6:01pm
Forkner could go either way as far as my fandom- if he proves to be a punk -- no. If he rebounds with grace, I''ll probably be a fan.
If you are leading a main event, crash out, then get involved in another silly crash- you'd have to be crazy not to be pissed. I don't blame him there.

The Shop

3/19/2018 8:33pm
He went down right in front of where I was sitting. It looked like it was going to be a good battle between him and Osborn till he went down. Man that 250 east class is thin with talent.
ledger
3/19/2018 9:36pm
High T level can get a guy in trouble.
devindavisphoto
Fantasy
3875th
3/20/2018 1:10am
NorCal 50+ wrote:
Forkner could go either way as far as my fandom- if he proves to be a punk -- no. If he rebounds with grace, I''ll probably...
Forkner could go either way as far as my fandom- if he proves to be a punk -- no. If he rebounds with grace, I''ll probably be a fan.
If you are leading a main event, crash out, then get involved in another silly crash- you'd have to be crazy not to be pissed. I don't blame him there.
It looked like Forkner was trying to be patient getting around Alves, but he was riding a pretty wide bike. Austin had every right to be upset, especially since he was being patient and still ended up on the ground. It was unbelievable how Alves mechanic was almost taunting him when he approached him. Austin isn't dumb, he wasn't going to fight Alves, probably just tell him to "Get the F out of the way next time", which is justifiable.
kb228
3/20/2018 1:15am
I think he got kicked over the bars off a dragons back & got f’ed over by a lapper. I dont think it had anything to do with being young or having the red plate.
BobKerr
3/20/2018 1:41am
Osbourne was reeling him in, and he choked. He is young, and will get better.
sgrimmxdad
Fantasy
1936th
3/20/2018 2:21am
He is one of my favorite riders, I think the pressure got to him a little. He was giving it all he had and Zack was running him down, not many people have run Austin down! I think it was a great learning experience for him and think it will be make him better. The lapper thing was a joke, took the main line through whoops with blue flags flying everywhere! I was pissed for Austin!
DoubleA
3/20/2018 2:25am
Osbourne is nearly double his age, Forkner has the determination and I think he is going to go far whether he wins this year or not. He dicked it over the dragons back but he was probably thinking about the red plate, home race, lappers and if he was going to backflip the finish line jump or not.
mx317
3/20/2018 5:20am
It looked like Forkner was trying to be patient getting around Alves, but he was riding a pretty wide bike. Austin had every right to be...
It looked like Forkner was trying to be patient getting around Alves, but he was riding a pretty wide bike. Austin had every right to be upset, especially since he was being patient and still ended up on the ground. It was unbelievable how Alves mechanic was almost taunting him when he approached him. Austin isn't dumb, he wasn't going to fight Alves, probably just tell him to "Get the F out of the way next time", which is justifiable.
It looked to me like the mechanic was telling him to go away, not "Come at me bro".
slipdog
3/20/2018 6:03am
It looked like Forkner was trying to be patient getting around Alves, but he was riding a pretty wide bike. Austin had every right to be...
mx317 wrote:
It looked to me like the mechanic was telling him to go away, not "Come at me bro".
Come at me bro is what you say to a friend.
BobPA
3/20/2018 6:12am
DoubleA wrote:
Osbourne is nearly double his age, Forkner has the determination and I think he is going to go far whether he wins this year or not...
Osbourne is nearly double his age, Forkner has the determination and I think he is going to go far whether he wins this year or not. He dicked it over the dragons back but he was probably thinking about the red plate, home race, lappers and if he was going to backflip the finish line jump or not.
Well no, not exactly. Forkner is 19 and ZachO is 29. 19•2=38

Basic math tells us you are a belly acher.
TDeath21
3/20/2018 6:13am
Osborne is past retirement age and still in the development class. It’s honestly an embarrassment to him if he’s even close to losing any championship against a teenager, given Osborne’s new found speed these last two years.
BobPA
3/20/2018 6:21am
TDeath21 wrote:
Osborne is past retirement age and still in the development class. It’s honestly an embarrassment to him if he’s even close to losing any championship against...
Osborne is past retirement age and still in the development class. It’s honestly an embarrassment to him if he’s even close to losing any championship against a teenager, given Osborne’s new found speed these last two years.
Those young guys should be embarrassed, seeing as they are stomped by a guy who is "past retirement age".
olds cool
3/20/2018 6:22am
TDeath21 wrote:
Osborne is past retirement age and still in the development class. It’s honestly an embarrassment to him if he’s even close to losing any championship against...
He has a family to support and is getting paid to ride a professional series that has no age limit. WTH is he supposed to do? Guess Justin Brayton and Chad Reed should be playing shuffleboard at the retirement home...
mx317
3/20/2018 6:41am
slipdog wrote:
Laughing

“Come at me, bro” started as a phrase uttered by Ronnie during the first season of Jersey Shore. Since it is, without a doubt, the very best way to goad someone into a fight, it quickly took off as a meme.

I found this on the internet, so it must be true.
Hman144
Fantasy
714th
3/20/2018 6:42am
First 9 years don't count. So it's 10 and 20..
ToolMaker
Fantasy
762nd
3/20/2018 6:55am Edited Date/Time 3/20/2018 6:55am
BobPA wrote:
Those young guys should be embarrassed, seeing as they are stomped by a guy who is "past retirement age".
Why do people get so hung up on Osborn's age as opposed to how many years someone has actually ridden the
250 SX class? After someone turns a certain age they are no longer entitled to try their hand at SX? Why yes, you do start in the 250 class and go from there to the 450 class after gaining SX experience. So what if you gained a few more years race experience elsewhere. SX is it's own discipline.
TM
slipdog
3/20/2018 7:06am
slipdog wrote:
mx317 wrote:
:laugh: “Come at me, bro” started as a phrase uttered by Ronnie during the first season of Jersey Shore. Since it is, without a doubt, the...
Laughing

“Come at me, bro” started as a phrase uttered by Ronnie during the first season of Jersey Shore. Since it is, without a doubt, the very best way to goad someone into a fight, it quickly took off as a meme.

I got my line from this commercial... Laughing

TDeath21
3/20/2018 7:31am
TDeath21 wrote:
BobPA wrote:
He’s experienced and that’s a huge advantage. Once he got the speed like he did two years ago, he should win it all easily on the 250.
RandyS
3/20/2018 7:32am
slipdog wrote:
mx317 wrote:
:laugh: “Come at me, bro” started as a phrase uttered by Ronnie during the first season of Jersey Shore. Since it is, without a doubt, the...
Laughing

slipdog wrote:
I got my line from this commercial... Laughing

That's Ronnie in the yellow shirt, the one in the pink shirt looks like Snookie but I'm not positive, I missed a couple of episodes in the first season.
TDeath21
3/20/2018 7:33am
TDeath21 wrote:
olds cool wrote:
He has a family to support and is getting paid to ride a professional series that has no age limit. WTH is he supposed to do...
He has a family to support and is getting paid to ride a professional series that has no age limit. WTH is he supposed to do? Guess Justin Brayton and Chad Reed should be playing shuffleboard at the retirement home...
I didn’t once blame him. Reed and Brayton are riding the premier class so they can race there as long as they want to. Poor comparison.
RandyS
3/20/2018 7:40am
Osborne wasn't really a factor until last year, he's defending his title and then moving up. He hasn't been sitting out races to keep from pointing out.
jnickell
Fantasy
1738th
3/20/2018 8:14am Edited Date/Time 3/20/2018 8:32am
The Lites class is really a story of economics. It has nothing to do with "rider development". Teams exist for one purpose, to sell bikes. Imagine we forced all of the top 10 guys from both coasts to race the 450 class. That would be an extra 20 more dudes trying to make a 22 rider gate. Obviously, many of them wouldn't make it. Additionally, there would be many others outside that group, that normally make it, that wouldn't. In this situation, the lites class is completely watered down AND you have really fast guys packing their bags early. Lites bike sales would probably suffer without a premier guy or guys showcasing the bikes. Meanwhile, you've got those 2 or 3 seconds a lap faster, premier guys packing their bags. Careers would be much shorter, bike sales would suffer, and in the end, the economics of it all would kill the sport.

Currently, we the fans get more doses of elite speed instead of forcing really fast guys to go home. The East and West are the absolute fastest lites supercross series' in the world. The fact that they're considered a feeder class makes no sense to me. Some guys are awesome lites guys but crappy 450 guys and vice versa.

I think ZachO is a unique example of a late blooming phenom. Forkner is simply taking the normal path of being a phenom. ZO's maturity is helping him in this title chase, but it's also schooling Forkner for future chases.
3/20/2018 8:23am
I can't wait til outdoors when Zach O moves up so we can go back to scapegoating Davalos for being old in 250s
peelout
3/20/2018 8:29am
1st mistake was completely due to the pressure ZO was putting on him. 2nd mistake i think he was pissed from the 1st mistake and not riding that great and following too close to a squirrel.
olds cool
3/21/2018 9:12am Edited Date/Time 3/21/2018 9:31am
TDeath21 wrote:
olds cool wrote:
He has a family to support and is getting paid to ride a professional series that has no age limit. WTH is he supposed to do...
TDeath21 wrote:
I didn’t once blame him. Reed and Brayton are riding the premier class so they can race there as long as they want to. Poor comparison.
So let me get this straight. According to you, Zach is "past retirement" age at 29 in a class with no age limit and me pointing out that Brayton and Reed are 34 and 36 respectively, albeit in another class with no age limit, is a "poor comparison." Well alrighty then...
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
3/21/2018 9:34am
kb228 wrote:
I think he got kicked over the bars off a dragons back & got f’ed over by a lapper. I dont think it had anything to...
I think he got kicked over the bars off a dragons back & got f’ed over by a lapper. I dont think it had anything to do with being young or having the red plate.
That sounds about right.

Post a reply to: Forkner's St Louis Troubles

The Latest