Forkner “stupidity”?

kage173
1/21/2021 11:21am
Since we're piling it on, I thought the start in the heat race was almost as dumb of a move. Moranz had the inside line, but Forkner just kept trying to turn left instead of checking up and letting Kevin have the position. I can't for the life of me figure out what he was thinking, other than that he was just really surprised that Moranz was still there and didn't know what to do about it.
1/21/2021 11:59am
I've never met the kid, so my opinion is obviously only based on his public appearance and his social media...
My guess is Mitch has definitely had more than one "come to Jesus" talk with him, but I doubt it's gone any further than surface-deep to Forkner. Self-righteous and entitled keep coming to mind.
He doesn't seem like the kind of kid who understands he has a lot to learn and is willing to listen. His social media is enough to paint the picture he knows what's what and nobody is going to tell him otherwise.
I wouldn't call him a wasted talent YET, but that's definitely the road he's currently on.
SEE ARE125
1/21/2021 12:24pm
I've never met the kid, so my opinion is obviously only based on his public appearance and his social media... My guess is Mitch has definitely...
I've never met the kid, so my opinion is obviously only based on his public appearance and his social media...
My guess is Mitch has definitely had more than one "come to Jesus" talk with him, but I doubt it's gone any further than surface-deep to Forkner. Self-righteous and entitled keep coming to mind.
He doesn't seem like the kind of kid who understands he has a lot to learn and is willing to listen. His social media is enough to paint the picture he knows what's what and nobody is going to tell him otherwise.
I wouldn't call him a wasted talent YET, but that's definitely the road he's currently on.
I think it’s just a simple lack of humility. It takes humility to learn and become smarter. You first have to have the humility to admit to yourself and accept the fact that you don’t know everything. Then, you need more humility to admit to someone else that you don’t know everything in order to ask for their help, guidance and advice. Most young men his age are pretty short on humility, I know I was. However I imagine it gets much worse when you’ve been told how great you are your entire life. Hopefully he’ll get it one day, he’s an incredible talent.
Hi Side
1/21/2021 12:24pm
There's a reason why guys like Dungey and Sexton get the call to move up before they pay their so called dues.
Having class never goes out of style.

The Shop

1/21/2021 12:39pm Edited Date/Time 1/21/2021 12:40pm
BonglorD wrote:
You would think....AT SOME POINT......he would listen to someone. Surely Mitch has been in his ear. He's what..22? That seems young but at some point he's...
You would think....AT SOME POINT......he would listen to someone. Surely Mitch has been in his ear.
He's what..22? That seems young but at some point he's got to stop riding like an idiot.
tobz wrote:
If you take a look at his Twitter you’ll learn pretty quick that a talking to by his employer or inner circle will do squat. Dude...
If you take a look at his Twitter you’ll learn pretty quick that a talking to by his employer or inner circle will do squat.
Dude is just wired real weird and doesn’t seem to have any brains on or off the track.
MX114 wrote:
I don’t have Twitter but after reading this I googled Austin Forkners. Wow! He comes off as a little punk. And he still has his ex...
I don’t have Twitter but after reading this I googled Austin Forkners. Wow! He comes off as a little punk. And he still has his ex chick all over it. Kinda weird. I’d like to see anyone but that kid win now. Go Jett!
This to me is what it comes down to. Some of you don’t like Austin’s personality. If it had been Ferrandis, I’m sure many would be saying it was just a racing incident. It looked to me like Forkner came in hot, and RJ’s front tucked a little. Things happen fast at those speeds.
IWreckALot
1/21/2021 12:47pm
I imagine Mitch is tired of hiring the fastest riders available only to have them disappoint him in spectacular fashion. He had a great run for several years but the last 5 or 6 years have been equally brutal to him.
DonM
1/21/2021 12:55pm
tobz wrote:
If you take a look at his Twitter you’ll learn pretty quick that a talking to by his employer or inner circle will do squat. Dude...
If you take a look at his Twitter you’ll learn pretty quick that a talking to by his employer or inner circle will do squat.
Dude is just wired real weird and doesn’t seem to have any brains on or off the track.
MX114 wrote:
I don’t have Twitter but after reading this I googled Austin Forkners. Wow! He comes off as a little punk. And he still has his ex...
I don’t have Twitter but after reading this I googled Austin Forkners. Wow! He comes off as a little punk. And he still has his ex chick all over it. Kinda weird. I’d like to see anyone but that kid win now. Go Jett!
This to me is what it comes down to. Some of you don’t like Austin’s personality. If it had been Ferrandis, I’m sure many would be...
This to me is what it comes down to. Some of you don’t like Austin’s personality. If it had been Ferrandis, I’m sure many would be saying it was just a racing incident. It looked to me like Forkner came in hot, and RJ’s front tucked a little. Things happen fast at those speeds.
That’s laughable!! So you’re saying that the guy that got more hate than anyone for a similar move last year would have gotten a pass....Unreal....he has a history of making decisions like this regardless of whether it was intentional or not two guys went down because of the choice he made, which in itself, was a bad decision. I think Austin is one of those guys that when he’s behind and not catching or blowing away his competition he kind of loses his mind a little and thus makes poor/dumb decisions which it appears he does not learn from...
ShawdowGlen
1/21/2021 1:15pm
tobz wrote:
MX114 wrote:
This to me is what it comes down to. Some of you don’t like Austin’s personality. If it had been Ferrandis, I’m sure many would be...
Ferrandis comes across as a guy who's got his shit together...even "humble" off the track. Yeah...he's a bit older/wiser so there's that.

I only hope the ego-illness doesn't affect Jett like it did Forkner.
1/21/2021 1:31pm
This crash reminds me of 2016 A1 when Stewart got knocked out by Dungey on the first lap. RJ cut down obviously, woulda been a good take out had Austin not gone down.
fourfourone
1/21/2021 1:57pm
This shows you can't win these days with pure speed. If he could pull his head out of his ass he probably would have been on a 450 by now.
rileymx
1/21/2021 2:28pm
Cortami79 wrote:
He needed about two more laps to pass him anyways. So yes, this was stupid. Hope he learns from it. He should watch riders like Webb...
He needed about two more laps to pass him anyways. So yes, this was stupid. Hope he learns from it. He should watch riders like Webb, Roczen, Ferrandis and Craig to see how they prepare a pass instead of this stuff lol
just a few days ago, Roczen explained why he didnt force it into Barcia for the lead of the 450 main......
the diference is that Roczen and all those mentioned are in fact RACERS, not what the little bratt thinks of himself, he is not really a racer, he lacks the respect for the other riders, even for himself to be a racer, he is just another of those spoiled bratts that are capable of whatever to be "the thing" and cant accept anything else......
its not only j-law, there are lots of them in the making in amateurs, since very young they even "provide" for their parents to work for them......
then comes the pros and things get tough, thats where i think AMA responsability starts, if in one of the bunch of times Forkner had those brain farts, he was penalized for "blatent" reckless riding, maybe he could understant that being faster doesnt make you better.....
Riesenberg448
Fantasy
1704th
1/21/2021 2:45pm
This crash reminds me of 2016 A1 when Stewart got knocked out by Dungey on the first lap. RJ cut down obviously, woulda been a good...
This crash reminds me of 2016 A1 when Stewart got knocked out by Dungey on the first lap. RJ cut down obviously, woulda been a good take out had Austin not gone down.
You're comparing this:

to this?

One was the first lap of the race when guys were in heavy traffic, one was a rider using the main race line in the middle of a main event.

One was a rider who had no intention of making contact or a pass, just coming in at a gnarly angle; while the other was a rider coming in to make a pass with contact and misjudged how close he was.
OldHalfway
1/21/2021 2:54pm
This crash reminds me of 2016 A1 when Stewart got knocked out by Dungey on the first lap. RJ cut down obviously, woulda been a good...
Not even close.
rosebud441
1/21/2021 3:03pm
Turbojez wrote:
Here's a crazy idea: Mitch should hire Dungey to brainwash Forkner
By the looks of his instagramo delieo he need's a good de-braiwasho

The Q folks have poisoned his young fragile lil braino
M-M
1/21/2021 3:29pm

SEE ARE125
1/21/2021 3:34pm
If I comprehended it right, he said “Call me maybe”
gerg
1/21/2021 3:34pm
Not to mention he was blessed with the most god damn annoying voice ever.
DonM
1/21/2021 3:37pm
M-M wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2021/01/21/474128/s1200_20210121_232630.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2021/01/21/474129/s1200_tenor_2.jpg[/img]

I believe that tweet was from a previous bonehead move....If he could only learn from his mistakes...
visser62
1/21/2021 3:43pm
Austin's ego would never be able to deal with the shit-talking that happens in the NBA or NFL.
LKHill
1/21/2021 4:08pm Edited Date/Time 1/21/2021 4:12pm
"One was a rider who had no intention of making contact or a pass, just coming in at a gnarly angle; while the other was a rider coming in to make a pass with contact and misjudged how close he was."

What he didn't account for was RJ cutting down on him causing both riders to go down instead of just one. I do agree the Dungey thing was more of a racing incident. It did however seem to be the end of Stewart's career. Kind of ironic in that he helped Dungy win a race by blocking Marv in Atlanta.
1/21/2021 4:15pm
Forkner was pretty far behind RJ going into the turn. You have to know that there is a possibility RJ is going to cut down there...
Forkner was pretty far behind RJ going into the turn. You have to know that there is a possibility RJ is going to cut down there a bit at the exit, particularly if you are not super close. It was a risky move, and Forkner should have known there was no reason to push the envelope that hard this early in the race and season.
100%

Forkner's 3-3-3 vs RJ's 2-3-3-1 would have made the pass easy if he would have started the section closer...like probably the next lap.
JMed651
1/21/2021 4:16pm
I don’t like or dislike either rider. My only thought was, if I wasn’t watching the race and you told me those 2 ended up on the ground after contact I could’ve guessed who initiated it. Right, wrong or indifferent.
1/21/2021 4:55pm
I'm no Forkner fan but it's disappointing to see someone with so much talent not be able to keep it together. Even worse it appears to be all mental as he seems to work hard. I doubt he'd be able to get back to that winning level without working his ass off.
Riesenberg448
Fantasy
1704th
1/21/2021 5:08pm
LKHill wrote:
"One was a rider who had no intention of making contact or a pass, just coming in at a gnarly angle; while the other was a...
"One was a rider who had no intention of making contact or a pass, just coming in at a gnarly angle; while the other was a rider coming in to make a pass with contact and misjudged how close he was."

What he didn't account for was RJ cutting down on him causing both riders to go down instead of just one. I do agree the Dungey thing was more of a racing incident. It did however seem to be the end of Stewart's career. Kind of ironic in that he helped Dungy win a race by blocking Marv in Atlanta.
I think you’re correct; however, the combination of Forkner misjudging RJ’s line and misjudging the gap did indeed put them both on the ground.

While his competition for the win was starting to get away, he has to realize and mature as a racer to know you can’t afford those misjudgements in a short series. A 2nd place finish and points would’ve had him leaving with the red plate instead of a 7 point deficit.

I believe a lot of the negativity is because he has superstar talent and speed and the confidence/attitude to go with it, but he hasn’t earned superstar results and/or titles.
1/21/2021 5:44pm
You're comparing this: [img]https://i.gyazo.com/1102f8fe226924ef1b1d7ae0be57c473.png[/img] to this? [img]https://i.gyazo.com/fbbf46af785c42fe6b469b6f8011ab4f.png[/img] One was the first lap of the race when guys were in heavy traffic, one was a rider using...
You're comparing this:

to this?

One was the first lap of the race when guys were in heavy traffic, one was a rider using the main race line in the middle of a main event.

One was a rider who had no intention of making contact or a pass, just coming in at a gnarly angle; while the other was a rider coming in to make a pass with contact and misjudged how close he was.
Thanks for posting that.. I was getting ready to lookup the Dungey/Stewart photo and make a similar post. Comparable? Two guys were racing motocross bikes, beyond that ... nothing.
nealb129
1/21/2021 6:01pm
Dude made a poor choice. Paid the price. History shows it won’t be the last. Hope he can keep it on two wheels here on out!
hamncheeze
1/21/2021 6:27pm
SEE ARE125 wrote:
If I comprehended it right, he said “Call me maybe”
OK I just spit some Thursday beer on that one.
KennyT
Fantasy
479th
1/21/2021 7:41pm
mx317 wrote:
That may be the pot calling the kettle black.
Except that Denny was actually able to win a regional title.
Not to mention most of the field back in Denny’s racing days were doing a lot of “stupid” things. It was a much different racing scene when Denny was out having fun (and still winning a title👍)
TannerMxer
1/22/2021 6:35am
Forkner makes me think of those amateur racers that didn't race all but 2-3 times per year at the big national amateur races... but then you realize they don't actually know HOW to race.

They've talked about this kind of thing on PulpMx a couple times. It's insane to me that racing amateurs isn't really that much racing.

That's why you'll never see another Ricky or Bubba storm onto the scene and just win everything immediately. Those guys raced probably 25-30 races a year in the amateurs.

Now guys have to learn how to race in a pack when they get to the pros.

It's kinda ridiculous.

Post a reply to: Forkner “stupidity”?

The Latest