Forkner “stupidity”?

GrapeApe
Fantasy
551st
1/20/2021 5:32pm
chump6784 wrote:
This. Looked to me like RJ tucked the front a little which changed his trajectory, if RJ continues on the line he was on Forkner makes...
This. Looked to me like RJ tucked the front a little which changed his trajectory, if RJ continues on the line he was on Forkner makes the pass with little to no contact
APLMAN99 wrote:
X3
soggy wrote:
You guys are the only smart people in this thread. RJ made a mistake that forced him out of his line and forkner was coming like...
You guys are the only smart people in this thread. RJ made a mistake that forced him out of his line and forkner was coming like a freight train. If RJ stays in the line he wanted it would be close but Austin probably sneaks by. It wasn’t a smart move but he had a window if RJ sticks his line.
"It wasn't a smart move . . ."

I agree
1/20/2021 7:07pm
Forkner needs to figure things out. He will point out this year but if he gets it done he can defend next year and tomac will probably be done next year in time for forkner to take his spot in 2023. If not then were is there room for him next year?
FerCzD
1/20/2021 7:16pm
Forkner needs to figure things out. He will point out this year but if he gets it done he can defend next year and tomac will...
Forkner needs to figure things out. He will point out this year but if he gets it done he can defend next year and tomac will probably be done next year in time for forkner to take his spot in 2023. If not then were is there room for him next year?
I didn't know he is pointing out this year. If he is not within championship grasps, will he sit out ala Mcelrarth ir Martin did in previous years?
tobz
1/20/2021 7:21pm
BonglorD wrote:
You would think....AT SOME POINT......he would listen to someone. Surely Mitch has been in his ear. He's what..22? That seems young but at some point he's...
You would think....AT SOME POINT......he would listen to someone. Surely Mitch has been in his ear.
He's what..22? That seems young but at some point he's got to stop riding like an idiot.
If you take a look at his Twitter you’ll learn pretty quick that a talking to by his employer or inner circle will do squat.
Dude is just wired real weird and doesn’t seem to have any brains on or off the track.

The Shop

Elbows
Fantasy
968th
1/20/2021 7:24pm
soggy wrote:
You guys are the only smart people in this thread. RJ made a mistake that forced him out of his line and forkner was coming like...
You guys are the only smart people in this thread. RJ made a mistake that forced him out of his line and forkner was coming like a freight train. If RJ stays in the line he wanted it would be close but Austin probably sneaks by. It wasn’t a smart move but he had a window if RJ sticks his line.
RJ was out front and has the right to go wherever he wants.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
1/20/2021 8:16pm
Forkner needs to figure things out. He will point out this year but if he gets it done he can defend next year and tomac will...
If he wins the title this year he has to move up to the 450 class in 2022 because he's been in the 250 more than 3 years. He'll also have to move up if he scores more than 135 points this year.

If he's not contesting for the title, he might have to sit out some rounds like JMart and McElrath to stay eligible for the 250 class.

Sucks, but that's just the reality of things.
Brent
1/20/2021 9:03pm
Go back and watch the start of the main while they're still on the line.....Forkner is straight up on his phone flipping through it. Never seen...
Go back and watch the start of the main while they're still on the line.....Forkner is straight up on his phone flipping through it. Never seen a racer do that...
Zycki11 wrote:
Music
Bullshit.

Tinder.
devotid
Fantasy
315th
1/20/2021 9:17pm
When ever I see Forkner make a silly mistake and cost himself big time.... I think of that line by from The Motorcross Files. Hannahs episode were he says something like.... " I wish I could buy that guys talent for a million... cause I could go make a few million with it." (Paraphrasing here)

Sometimes it takes a long time to grow up and make smarter decisions with your life. Problem is Moto is a short career. :/
RaceFan
1/20/2021 11:16pm
I can only hope those close to Forkner give him the tough love he seems to need.
He is incredible to watch race and even came across more mature in the interviews this season but that crash was avoidable.

It's early in the season but I can't help but say "Ah not this sh!t again" when he is laying on the ground.
snackfedbear
1/20/2021 11:33pm
I’m a huge RJ fan but I think he should have stuck to his line and it would have just been a block pass
CPR
1/20/2021 11:42pm Edited Date/Time 1/20/2021 11:45pm
chump6784 wrote:
This. Looked to me like RJ tucked the front a little which changed his trajectory, if RJ continues on the line he was on Forkner makes...
This. Looked to me like RJ tucked the front a little which changed his trajectory, if RJ continues on the line he was on Forkner makes the pass with little to no contact
APLMAN99 wrote:
X3
soggy wrote:
Anybody saying there wouldn’t have been contact if RJ had stayed in the rut is dreaming.

RJ took the exact same line the lap before and Forkner was right behind him to see where he was going in that corner- see photo #1
Forkner rode across and into RJ’s line to make contact. Even if RJ’s front wheel stays in the rut, Forkner rode across it as he ‘attempted’ to make the pass- see photo #2&3.

Bonehead move all day long. Surely Forkner realises you don’t need to be making extra enemies if you wanna be in the title hunt at the end of the season?

Cortami79
1/21/2021 2:00am
He needed about two more laps to pass him anyways. So yes, this was stupid. Hope he learns from it. He should watch riders like Webb, Roczen, Ferrandis and Craig to see how they prepare a pass instead of this stuff lol
Snapper
1/21/2021 2:10am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
If he wins the title this year he has to move up to the 450 class in 2022 because he's been in the 250 more than...
If he wins the title this year he has to move up to the 450 class in 2022 because he's been in the 250 more than 3 years. He'll also have to move up if he scores more than 135 points this year.

If he's not contesting for the title, he might have to sit out some rounds like JMart and McElrath to stay eligible for the 250 class.

Would Mitch allow him to sit out some rounds though? He doesn't seem like the kinda guy that would let that happen.
Crush
1/21/2021 2:53am
I mean... how long has he been pro? That pass wasn’t there... especially not by a guy who’s made these mistakes over and over, who fast enough to win, at round two, catching a lead guy early in the second rain Main...

Crush
1/21/2021 2:56am
chump6784 wrote:
APLMAN99 wrote:
X3
soggy wrote:
On the other hand, how does a title contender force the issue and put himself in a bad position, that early, when you’re catching the guy, have good track position and it’s round two... he should have learnt by now surely.

He could have swung wide and cut down and passed the next straight... or shown some overdue patience and been fine. Now he has an enemy in RJ and has cost himself points, it’s almost like he’s been here before.
jemcee
1/21/2021 3:06am
Crush wrote:
On the other hand, how does a title contender force the issue and put himself in a bad position, that early, when you’re catching the guy...
On the other hand, how does a title contender force the issue and put himself in a bad position, that early, when you’re catching the guy, have good track position and it’s round two... he should have learnt by now surely.

He could have swung wide and cut down and passed the next straight... or shown some overdue patience and been fine. Now he has an enemy in RJ and has cost himself points, it’s almost like he’s been here before.
And RJ is not shy about paybacks
1/21/2021 4:19am Edited Date/Time 1/21/2021 4:20am
I'm expecting RJ will ruin one of Forkner's nights before the season is over.
LKHill
1/21/2021 4:19am Edited Date/Time 1/21/2021 4:22am
jemcee wrote:
And RJ is not shy about paybacks
Consider the fact that likely ruined RJ's shot at a title. "Payback is hell" they say. Look at the sequence of photo's. The kid did not even have his bike going in the direction to make the turn.
1/21/2021 4:35am
KurtJ99 wrote:
That wasn't a pass attempt; that was a takeout and just stupid. He was riding plenty fast and it was early in the race and championship...
That wasn't a pass attempt; that was a takeout and just stupid. He was riding plenty fast and it was early in the race and championship.
And a bad takeout since he went down too.

I don't buy that RJ was "turning in" a little hard like said on the broadcast. There was no arc for RJ where Forkner wasn't going to hit him hard.

I like Forkner's speed and feel bad about the crashes. But the choices like last nights blockpass/crash are stupid. What if he (or RJ) got hurt in the contact?

Triple facepalm for that.

Absolutely- Forkner left him Zero room.
There was no option for RJ to check up whatsoever!
One of the dumbest moves I’ve seen in 30 years.
Mitch needs to tell him to sort it out!
RoostBuckets
Fantasy
1360th
1/21/2021 4:50am
Holigan wrote:
Maybe he just needs a good woman to settle him down.
Yup....another sensible down-home Monster-girl should do the trick.
LMFAO
SFellure33
1/21/2021 5:27am
APLMAN99 wrote:
X3
soggy wrote:
CPR wrote:
Anybody saying there wouldn’t have been contact if RJ had stayed in the rut is dreaming. RJ took the exact same line the lap before and...
Anybody saying there wouldn’t have been contact if RJ had stayed in the rut is dreaming.

RJ took the exact same line the lap before and Forkner was right behind him to see where he was going in that corner- see photo #1
Forkner rode across and into RJ’s line to make contact. Even if RJ’s front wheel stays in the rut, Forkner rode across it as he ‘attempted’ to make the pass- see photo #2&3.

Bonehead move all day long. Surely Forkner realises you don’t need to be making extra enemies if you wanna be in the title hunt at the end of the season?

Agreed. Look at the trajectory of Forkners line and the trajectory of his bike at contact. There was no room to pass there. Good rule of thumb for any racer. If you attempt a risky pass and you BOTH go down, there was not enough room for a pass.
MX114
1/21/2021 5:39am
BonglorD wrote:
You would think....AT SOME POINT......he would listen to someone. Surely Mitch has been in his ear. He's what..22? That seems young but at some point he's...
You would think....AT SOME POINT......he would listen to someone. Surely Mitch has been in his ear.
He's what..22? That seems young but at some point he's got to stop riding like an idiot.
tobz wrote:
If you take a look at his Twitter you’ll learn pretty quick that a talking to by his employer or inner circle will do squat. Dude...
If you take a look at his Twitter you’ll learn pretty quick that a talking to by his employer or inner circle will do squat.
Dude is just wired real weird and doesn’t seem to have any brains on or off the track.
I don’t have Twitter but after reading this I googled Austin Forkners. Wow! He comes off as a little punk. And he still has his ex chick all over it. Kinda weird. I’d like to see anyone but that kid win now. Go Jett!
1/21/2021 6:35am
MX114 wrote:
I don’t have Twitter but after reading this I googled Austin Forkners. Wow! He comes off as a little punk. And he still has his ex...
I don’t have Twitter but after reading this I googled Austin Forkners. Wow! He comes off as a little punk. And he still has his ex chick all over it. Kinda weird. I’d like to see anyone but that kid win now. Go Jett!
After reading your comment, I also looked up Forkner. Agree with you 100%.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
1/21/2021 7:03am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
If he wins the title this year he has to move up to the 450 class in 2022 because he's been in the 250 more than...

Snapper wrote:
Would Mitch allow him to sit out some rounds though? He doesn't seem like the kinda guy that would let that happen.
I suppose he wouldn't have a choice if he produces a doctor's note or the decision comes from Kawasaki.
Turbojez
1/21/2021 7:34am
Here's a crazy idea: Mitch should hire Dungey to brainwash Forkner
hamncheeze
1/21/2021 10:01am
I'm expecting RJ will ruin one of Forkner's nights before the season is over.
Yeah I mentioned this earlier. RJ is already 15 points back in a short series. One he's a full race out in the points, look out. Didn't he torpedo Sexton last year for something that happened 1 or 2 years earlier??

In many ways Forkner's 250 SX career is playing out a bit like Dean Wilson's. Very talented, very fast, but also full of bad decisions and messing with people.
APLMAN99
1/21/2021 11:13am
Go back and watch the start of the main while they're still on the line.....Forkner is straight up on his phone flipping through it. Never seen...
Go back and watch the start of the main while they're still on the line.....Forkner is straight up on his phone flipping through it. Never seen a racer do that...
I tried looking for that last night, couldn’t see any shots of him with his phone on the line?

Are you assuming that when his head was down that he was on his phone? I legitimately didn’t see a phone at all, but maybe I didn’t go back far enough.
Kenny Lingus
1/21/2021 11:17am
There's a reason why guys like Dungey and Sexton get the call to move up before they pay their so called dues.

Post a reply to: Forkner “stupidity”?

The Latest