Forkner at wick

Related:
Create New Tag

7/10/2016 7:34 PM

I'll be the first to admit I did not exactly get the hype behind Forkner at the beginning of the season but after watching the wick yesterday, all I can say is wow. He defiently appears to have things clicking as a rookie. After hearing his interview and watching the behind the scenes episode about the Forkner family, it is hard not to cheer the guy on. I could for sure see him being a contender in supercross this winter.

|

7/10/2016 7:42 PM

dude is legit , love how hes handled all the hype pressure per say from the media & such , i think he could win the sx title on his 1st try out on which ever coast hes in next season

|

go dungey & roczen

#ChewBroca
so jerking off will help arm pump issues........ sweet lol

7/10/2016 7:56 PM

This kid has been very fast and consistent for a rookie. He doesn't really ever throw it away. Great things are ahead for him.

|

7/10/2016 8:15 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/10/2016 8:15 PM

Ramrod wrote:

This kid has been very fast and consistent for a rookie. He doesn't really ever throw it away. Great things are ahead for him. ...more

Yes,Yes, and Yes. He keeps calm under pressure, imo he'll be a solid contender next year.

|

7/10/2016 8:39 PM

Kid is f***ing killing it in every aspect right now.

I became a fan when it was announced that he'd forgo the SX season to get ready for the outdoors. The kid is wise beyond his years. I'd bet he gets a few wins next year.

Also seems like a great guy in interviews. He was obviously pretty hyped up coming from the amateurs, seems like he's managed to stay humble.

|

7/10/2016 8:59 PM

I have nothing really to base this off of, but I think coming up into the pros with the Oklahoma crew has made a very positive impact on how his debut has been going. Bloss and Nichols too.

|

7/10/2016 9:02 PM

early wrote:

I have nothing really to base this off of, but I think coming up into the pros with the Oklahoma crew has made a very positive ...more

You know what those guy's have going for them ?

Family , hard work and some real good experience , I think it's cool how tight nit they are.

|

7/10/2016 9:07 PM

500guy wrote:

You know what those guy's have going for them ?

Family , hard work and some real good experience , I think it's cool how ...more

^^^

Well said. I don't think there's an Oklahoma kid out there that isn't a class act. Seems like they keep it simple and fun.

And hell yea about Bloss. Top 10s in the 450 class at 19... I'm excited to see what the future holds for him.

|

7/10/2016 9:26 PM

I'm biased since I'm from the same geographical region and as such have been fortunate enough to watch him grow up at out local track since minis but I'm calling him for the outdoor title next year barring injury.

Shout out to bloss killing it as well!

|

7/10/2016 10:22 PM

I'm sure the Martin Bros will have something to say about this. but I got Forkner for the win at Springcreek.

|

“Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.”

7/11/2016 2:48 AM

early wrote:

I have nothing really to base this off of, but I think coming up into the pros with the Oklahoma crew has made a very positive ...more

I think his family structure is good. They understand that it takes time. They seem to have a plan that gets Forknor to the finish liine without hitting the ground and making the big mistake. Where AC's dad is just the opposite. Being a prick to your kid is not the recipe for success in this sport. AC needs to kick his dad to the curb and do this on his own. It might be the best thing for both of them.

|

7/11/2016 4:48 AM

Certainly impressive the way he has come in- you got to have him down as a future contender, looks a great rider and comes across as a nice kid also the way he speaks.

|

Always was an excellent rider ...... at crashing usually

Moto Aspes, you know you want one

7/11/2016 5:30 AM

Chains wrote:

I'm sure the Martin Bros will have something to say about this. but I got Forkner for the win at Springcreek.

It'll be a tall ask for that to happen. He doesn't quite have the endurance to run a 30 minute moto.

|

7/11/2016 5:34 AM

Not to mention Webb is a beast at Spring Creek also

|

7/11/2016 6:35 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/11/2016 6:36 AM

I pissed all the riders off at the Greensboro AX arenacross autograph session. When we walked up I said there is he the next "legend" of MX! Those other MEN sitting around him all looked at me with the stink eye lol! I have been following this kid on the net for years, he is the total package!

I think his fitness is what his holding him back, he is only 17 so I am looking huge things from this young man. If he stays healthy he will be a force to be reckoned with!

I am a Webb fan, can't way to see these two battling on 450's one day!!! Those two are the next 5-8 years of the sport IMO....

|

2020 YZ450F
2018 KTM 450SXF FE
2016 YZ250F 2008 CRF450R
2015 YZ250F 2008 CRF250R
2001 CR250R
2010 YZ250 2012 CRF150R
2009 YZ125 2010 KX109.5
SSR Motorsports Dealer YCF Motorcycles
TAGMX Suspension & Graphics! www.tagmxsuspension.com https://www.liquidskinzdesign.com/

7/11/2016 6:59 AM

I thought he was gonna pass webb for the lead at one point

|

pulled a holeshot, dude in front of my goes down

7/11/2016 7:22 AM

bartyamaha98 wrote:

I thought he was gonna pass webb for the lead at one point

He definitely has the speed, but he has some work to do with his fitness.

|

7/11/2016 7:29 AM

The kid seems to have a rare combination of talent, speed, confidence & humility. Having watched the video of him and his family, it seems like they raised him right and didn't get into all the "Moto-Parents from Hell" thing. He looked great at Wick, and I'm pretty sure he'll only get better.

|

7/11/2016 7:43 AM

Chains wrote:

That'll be really tough with the Martin boys racing. They're most likely going to go 1-2. I would hope at least.

|

7/11/2016 8:29 AM

He comes from a top notch family that I have known the majority of my life. In fact, my girlfriend was taught by his mother in the first grade! Honest, hardworking folks.... He has all the makings to be one of the greats in our sport.

|

7/11/2016 8:34 AM

Chains wrote:

agn5009 wrote:

That'll be really tough with the Martin boys racing. They're most likely going to go 1-2. I would hope at least.

Maybe so, I thought A-Mart actually looked really good at Southwick when he had to come through the pack, was it in both races? Think his end result maybe didn't look quite as impressive as his riding actually was.

This 250 class seems to have become really good, about 5 guys odd, all been up there fighting for it.

Think Forkners results will continue to improve as he gets older, right now fitness and stamina maybe abit of an issue, as there is not alot of him with his young years and may find it hard to endure the full motos at full speed. Was mighty impressive though when he pulled up on Webb like he did.

|

Always was an excellent rider ...... at crashing usually

Moto Aspes, you know you want one

7/11/2016 4:52 PM

As a fellow Okie I can tell you honestly that we aren't overly impressed by much...including ourselves. Just get it done without a fuss.

|

If it ain't yer's don't take it, If it ain't the truth dont say it, If it ain't right don't do it...Marcus Aurelius

7/11/2016 7:18 PM

What does he weigh? Must have helped at the Wick in those switchbacks right?

|

Cheers, Crush
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

7/12/2016 6:28 AM

Tomac, Webb, Fork. Make MXdN Great Again.

|

7/12/2016 6:47 AM

sgrimmxdad wrote:

I pissed all the riders off at the Greensboro AX arenacross autograph session. When we walked up I said there is he the next ...more

I agree with everything but the fitness part, he actually seems to be able to maintain his lap times throughout the motos. Webb just wicked it up and gapped him is all. AF has a lot of upside and like others have said, doesn't get rattled by pressure, that's something that can't be taught.

|

7/12/2016 8:40 AM

I read his interviews and I am very impressed by what the young man has to say. His riding had been eye opening in both his speed and consistency. I hadn't ever got a look at him until they interviewed him on the line last week, he looks like he is only 14!

|