Forkner and penalty

1/8/2020 11:58pm
ledger wrote:
I think Forkner's more focused on his other ride...the one with the ring on the finger. I'm not bashing on the kid, it just seems like...
I think Forkner's more focused on his other ride...the one with the ring on the finger. I'm not bashing on the kid, it just seems like he hasn't matured at all since he went Pro.
We'll see how long that lasts too...
Hman144
Fantasy
714th
1/9/2020 4:33am
I think the penalty was done right per the rules. Curious about something though.

If Forkner had waited between lanes to let Ferrandis by before re-entering, instead of "letting him by" once back on track, would it have been different.

The way I read the rule, I think yes. One position docked. Maybe even none at all?

What do you think?
Ray_MXS
1/9/2020 4:47am
Hman144 wrote:
I think the penalty was done right per the rules. Curious about something though. If Forkner had waited between lanes to let Ferrandis by before re-entering...
I think the penalty was done right per the rules. Curious about something though.

If Forkner had waited between lanes to let Ferrandis by before re-entering, instead of "letting him by" once back on track, would it have been different.

The way I read the rule, I think yes. One position docked. Maybe even none at all?

What do you think?
Yes but there's a much simpler solution:

Don't cut the track.

The Shop

IWreckALot
1/9/2020 5:10am
I think all of us have remounted a bike lowsided on an obstacle. Yes, it's clumsy. But never once would it even occur to me to...
I think all of us have remounted a bike lowsided on an obstacle. Yes, it's clumsy. But never once would it even occur to me to dump the clutch, flip it backwards, and ride across the track against traffic toward an opposite lane.

However, that does seem like something that would come naturally to somebody who spends a lot of time alone or with just a few others at a private facility.
He had the option to run it to the top of the jump with a clutch assist so he didn't have to push the bike, then simply remount at the top of the jump. It's not difficult. I think he just panicked and didn't really give any thought to what he did. He's penalized, it's over, on to the next race. Not a season killing deal by any stretch.

Post a reply to: Forkner and penalty

The Latest