Forkner and penalty

NV825
Fantasy
2740th
1/5/2020 11:23am
Im glad a penalty was given. It would have taken very little effort to whip the bike around him as he was standing next to it to get going in the right direction again.
1/5/2020 11:33am
TY838 wrote:
I think the penalty is appropriate but that was the weirdest track cutting event I've ever seen. I don't know if he was disoriented as to...
I think the penalty is appropriate but that was the weirdest track cutting event I've ever seen. I don't know if he was disoriented as to his position on the racetrack or what but there was no hesitation in riding backwards on the track, than swerving off, than on again into the other lane. What an odd sequence of events that was.
This. It was weird AF, he was super confident about cutting a whole corner off the track, NBD! Like his brain just switched completely off.
gsxr6
1/5/2020 11:37am
He seemed very high anxiety in his interview afterwards. My wife said man that dude is an entitled little prick lol. Under a lot of pressure no doubt, it cracks some guys. He is used to being the fastest most of his riding career. These guys are catching him no problem, it's affecting the kids psyche. Wouldn't be the first guy to wilt under the pressure of assumed super stardom.
lawson34
1/5/2020 11:39am
I love when these guys cut the track, its like divorce court on here... good times!!

The Shop

Potts
Check out page 27 of the AMA SX rulebook and rule 4.15 i.4 and it gives the you the answer. It is also the penalty that...
Check out page 27 of the AMA SX rulebook and rule 4.15 i.4 and it gives the you the answer. It is also the penalty that was applied.

http://www.amasupercross.com/rules/pdf/2018/2018AMA_Supercross_Rulebook…

So it's easy to read:

"4. The penalty for gaining an advantage while off course during
a race will be the loss of number of positions gained plus
one additional position in the final results for that race. If no
positions were gained, the penalty will be the loss of one
position in the final results for that race."
PRM31
TY838 wrote:
I think the penalty is appropriate but that was the weirdest track cutting event I've ever seen. I don't know if he was disoriented as to...
I think the penalty is appropriate but that was the weirdest track cutting event I've ever seen. I don't know if he was disoriented as to his position on the racetrack or what but there was no hesitation in riding backwards on the track, than swerving off, than on again into the other lane. What an odd sequence of events that was.
This. It was weird AF, he was super confident about cutting a whole corner off the track, NBD! Like his brain just switched completely off.
Agree. I thought that was very odd. Absolutely no attempt to follow the track.
580MOTOart
1/5/2020 11:44am
He was about 20'-30' behind DF when he went off track, pulled back on in front and got back on the gas as soon as DF was next to him.. yes, you may re-enter at the next safest spot when you go off the track... he didn't, he cut straight through to the next section.
Stuntman949
1/5/2020 11:44am
lawson34 wrote:
I love when these guys cut the track, its like divorce court on here... good times!!
Just depends if you're on mom's side or dad's side!
Hcallz5
1/5/2020 11:45am
The way he popped the clutch pointed his bike that direction. He would have had to do a U turn in the rhythms section which would have been dangerous. Good on him for that.

He also gave himself a pretty big advantage by cutting the track and almost took our Ferrandis pulling back on. I feel like the penalty is deserved.

Bottom line: Try not to put yourself in that situation next weekend.
mxpro252
1/5/2020 12:27pm
TY838 wrote:
PRM31 wrote:
Agree. I thought that was very odd. Absolutely no attempt to follow the track.
I just watched it again a few times. What the hell man.

He saved himself from crashing on the edge of the right side, popped the clutch and let the bike roll about halfway across the track while he had both hands on the bars (easily could have grabbed front brake), remounted then rode another few feet to go off the left side of the track - ALL of which was done without his helmet moving at all to indicate he was looking out for other riders. Very odd, and no way
kkawboy14
1/5/2020 12:55pm
He gained nothing by the move because he made sure he gained nothing! Classy!
Ti
1/5/2020 2:34pm
Looked like he was still in a practice track mind set instead of a racing mind set. Austin looked GREAT racing after being out with an injury.
TroyTroyer
1/5/2020 2:41pm
My favorite part was him pulling back onto the track without looking. In both lanes. He was already back moving in the second section before he looked behind him. I get it, heat of the moment. But if someone t boned him doing mach 1 and broke their neck, heat of the moment is a weak excuse.
Tarz483
Fantasy
665th
1/5/2020 2:44pm
TY838 wrote:
I don't think he was completely comfortable with it honestly. Had he have done it right he probably would have ridden better. It looked like he was thinking about it as he got going again to me.
dsmith
Fantasy
1470th
1/5/2020 2:50pm
Looked like he knew exactly what he was doing...he never even planned on going thru that berm.
1/5/2020 4:50pm Edited Date/Time 1/5/2020 4:54pm
Should be docked 2 positions alone for that cringe podium interview.
His post race press conference comments were cringe worthy as well
trevor310mx
Fantasy
3280th
1/5/2020 5:19pm
I agree with the penalty given, I think 2 spots is fine. There are two things that annoyed me about the situation:
1.) He mentioned on the podium that the bike was facing towards the other lane, so he felt like that was the safest way to get going again. Oddly enough, he never mentioned that he was the person who made the bike face that way! The bike was facing straight into the turn that he didn’t go through before he swung it around.

2.) He also mentioned that the team has told him to do the safest option if he’s in a situation like he was, but in what world is not looking while pushing your bike across an entire rhythm lane the safest thing to do?

C’mon man..
early
Fantasy
2231st
1/5/2020 5:38pm
TDeath21 wrote:
This brings up a good side question. After the Dungey incident a few years back that took a win away they changed the rule. Musquin last...
This brings up a good side question. After the Dungey incident a few years back that took a win away they changed the rule. Musquin last year was awarded the win and then penalized points. Roczen was awarded second place points. Did they switch the rule back this season? Because all reports say Forkner is given fifth and the other two riders slid up one position and were awarded those points accordingly.

If they switched it back then that’s good. I thought that was super dumb last year when Musquin gained timed on Roczen by jumping there and held on for the win. If he doesn’t do that then Roczen could very well keep the pressure on and make the pass. They instead awarded Roczen second place, possibly costing him three points, and Musquin first, then penalized Musquin however many points. That was really dumb.
They are different infractions yielding different penalties as specified by the rulebook.

From the 2020 rulebook

Red Cross flag

86honda
1/5/2020 5:39pm
Just put him on the podium and kut his nutz off.
Camp332
1/5/2020 5:50pm
Since it's a bench racing thread about Forkner, I'm having a hard time supporting this kid with his actions. Hopefully he caught some humility last night.
BobbyM
1/5/2020 6:39pm
Ehm24 wrote:
I think he should be fired from PC, DQ'd from the series, and be forced to break up with his fiance for cutting the track. My...
I think he should be fired from PC, DQ'd from the series, and be forced to break up with his fiance for cutting the track.

My children were in tears when they saw him do that and it infuriated me to the point that I kicked a hole in my TV because of it.
That wasn't an old school tv no doubt or you'd be in a cast.
LCD... You could put yer little pecker through one of those. 😁
Cancerman
1/5/2020 6:50pm Edited Date/Time 1/5/2020 6:51pm
I think it's pretty simple. He's believing his own hype. I understand a guy at that level has to believe in himself, but man, this kid needs a wake up call. He's not winning over the fans with how he carries himself. Man Child. He is going fast after his injury though.
Doddy
1/5/2020 7:04pm
He reminds me of the scooter kids at the skateparks....
face biter
1/5/2020 7:27pm
I’m pretty sure Craig will be given a little extra screen time next week, as well as a chance to speak about his podium finish.
It was a crazy opening night!
RonSkj
Fantasy
129th
1/5/2020 7:31pm
Holy shit.. you asswipes are still talking about this? Dude fucked up and was penalized. End of story.
Rhody
1/5/2020 7:32pm
I'm all for docking him a lap.
Rhody
1/5/2020 7:39pm Edited Date/Time 1/5/2020 7:50pm
Double post
SEEMEFIRST
1/5/2020 10:42pm
For what it's worth, and I will take all slams, but in sailboat racing, that has been happening for hundreds of years, a "protest" can be filed. It's actually similar to F1's race control except it it includes the racers in the moment.

If it's a big enough deal, have a trial. Talk to all involved and make a decision.

If the final points are important, why not?
VRR7
1/6/2020 3:36am
I agree with the penalty given, I think 2 spots is fine. There are two things that annoyed me about the situation: 1.) He mentioned on...
I agree with the penalty given, I think 2 spots is fine. There are two things that annoyed me about the situation:
1.) He mentioned on the podium that the bike was facing towards the other lane, so he felt like that was the safest way to get going again. Oddly enough, he never mentioned that he was the person who made the bike face that way! The bike was facing straight into the turn that he didn’t go through before he swung it around.

2.) He also mentioned that the team has told him to do the safest option if he’s in a situation like he was, but in what world is not looking while pushing your bike across an entire rhythm lane the safest thing to do?

C’mon man..
Agree ^^ - All he need to do was continue on the course as laid out. To think he can just turn and cut the track ? WTF?

Post a reply to: Forkner and penalty

The Latest