Forkner and Mitch

CPR
6/11/2021 6:25pm
I like how most people here just breeze past the fact that he lost 1/3 of his pancreas. When that injury happened last year, I wondered...
I like how most people here just breeze past the fact that he lost 1/3 of his pancreas. When that injury happened last year, I wondered how it would affect him long term. Insulin, digestive enzymes. The kid might be training properly and doing the work and his body might not be able to adapt. It may take him some time to adapt diet and training IF he has any issues with digestion and absorption.

I don't know shit from shit about his situation personally, but let's not all assume he's 100% capable of being at peak fitness.

EDIT: Also very plausible the issues are 'gina related.
Of course everyone is different, but a mate of mine lost part of his pancreas after a car accident, he’s back competing in triathlons now. He says attention to diet is the key, otherwise all other training remains the same post op.

I’d expect Forkner has top advice on hand, so it’s likely something else is going on. Maybe after all those injuries he’s lost the mental edge?
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4091st
6/11/2021 6:28pm
A lot of people in the podcast world disagree.

I don’t know anything, just what I read here and listen to on my phone.
UpTiTe wrote:
What podcast, I’d really be interested in hearing it. I know his original contract was pretty lucrative with a 450 tryout if he titled out of...
What podcast, I’d really be interested in hearing it. I know his original contract was pretty lucrative with a 450 tryout if he titled out of 250s, but that was 3 years ago.
JT dropped it on show 466 of pulp, forget what time stamp
I listened to it, he did say it. I’ve never heard he was guaranteed that spot, I’ve heard he gets first chance if he wins a title, like Adam last year.
nousername
6/11/2021 6:32pm
mtndoc_842 wrote:
Crazy to think Sexton was running 16th during that moto with 9mins left
Its crazy where sexton is now and how forkner is compared to a few years ago when forkner was waxing sexton every week until his injury.

The Shop

Keith72
6/11/2021 7:29pm
Just imagine for a minute that the 23 yeard old age rule for MX2 was available in 250 outdoors. He would have to race 450 next...
Just imagine for a minute that the 23 yeard old age rule for MX2 was available in 250 outdoors. He would have to race 450 next. He does not have a title yet. Feel bad for him.
Don't feel bad for him.
Kelz87
Fantasy
1468th
6/11/2021 7:38pm
nousername wrote:
Its crazy where sexton is now and how forkner is compared to a few years ago when forkner was waxing sexton every week until his injury.
I think the same thing. People forget that Forkner had Sexton covered in every race until that injury. Now Sexton is flying in the 450 class and Forky is still trying to get a solid 250 season under his belt. I just hope he doesn’t get left behind
Kelz87
Fantasy
1468th
6/11/2021 7:44pm
I think he crashed at Pala and no one really mentions it. I saw him go from 7th to the teens, and back into the top 10 with a boot strap loose and dirty/torn(?) jersey.

Lakewood could’ve been the elevation or maybe he had an off weekend. Ready to see how he does at the next round!
Johnny Ringo
6/11/2021 7:50pm
UpTiTe wrote:
What podcast, I’d really be interested in hearing it. I know his original contract was pretty lucrative with a 450 tryout if he titled out of...
What podcast, I’d really be interested in hearing it. I know his original contract was pretty lucrative with a 450 tryout if he titled out of 250s, but that was 3 years ago.
JT dropped it on show 466 of pulp, forget what time stamp
UpTiTe wrote:
I listened to it, he did say it. I’ve never heard he was guaranteed that spot, I’ve heard he gets first chance if he wins a...
I listened to it, he did say it. I’ve never heard he was guaranteed that spot, I’ve heard he gets first chance if he wins a title, like Adam last year.
Gotcha, makes sense
hubbardmx50
6/11/2021 8:37pm
He was so much fun to watch in 2019 Supercross. Hoping the best for him. Must chap his ass to see Sexton win two championships and move to 450
TeamGreen
6/11/2021 9:10pm
As an early and continuous Austin fan...
I’m pretty sure ANY contractual “guarantees” are tied to performance clauses.
I’m pretty sure the chick that everyone is referring to is...long...gone.
nousername
6/11/2021 9:23pm
TeamGreen wrote:
As an early and continuous Austin fan... I’m pretty sure ANY contractual “guarantees” are tied to performance clauses. I’m pretty sure the chick that everyone is...
I thought they split sometime last year
hubbardmx50
6/11/2021 10:51pm
TeamGreen wrote:
As an early and continuous Austin fan... I’m pretty sure ANY contractual “guarantees” are tied to performance clauses. I’m pretty sure the chick that everyone is...
Sure about that?
Motofinne
6/12/2021 12:44am
nousername wrote:
Kelz87 wrote:
I think the same thing. People forget that Forkner had Sexton covered in every race until that injury. Now Sexton is flying in the 450 class...
I think the same thing. People forget that Forkner had Sexton covered in every race until that injury. Now Sexton is flying in the 450 class and Forky is still trying to get a solid 250 season under his belt. I just hope he doesn’t get left behind
Interesting isn't it. But some develop slower than others, some peak early and find it difficult to take the next step.
philG
6/12/2021 2:45am
Motofinne wrote:
Interesting isn't it. But some develop slower than others, some peak early and find it difficult to take the next step.
Forkner has always had the tag of ' next big thing' which means pressure from an early age.. we saw the same with AC,

We see this lots, and the guys who are in the shadows, get a bit of a break, and time to develop

We have seen the same in europe with Brian Hsu, Davy Pootjes and a couple of others, who just dont carry their promise as a young rider through into the Pro ranks, and if they do , the weight of expectation gets too much for them.
SilverSpurs
6/12/2021 3:32am
Motofinne wrote:
philG wrote:
Forkner has always had the tag of ' next big thing' which means pressure from an early age.. we saw the same with AC, We see...
Forkner has always had the tag of ' next big thing' which means pressure from an early age.. we saw the same with AC,

We see this lots, and the guys who are in the shadows, get a bit of a break, and time to develop

We have seen the same in europe with Brian Hsu, Davy Pootjes and a couple of others, who just dont carry their promise as a young rider through into the Pro ranks, and if they do , the weight of expectation gets too much for them.
Bottom line is he is not a good enough rider. A big part of the job is to measure your speed against your ability and stay healthy.
philG
6/12/2021 4:52am
Bottom line is he is not a good enough rider. A big part of the job is to measure your speed against your ability and stay...
Bottom line is he is not a good enough rider. A big part of the job is to measure your speed against your ability and stay healthy.
He has the speed, but anyone can be fast between crashes.

When people say Sexton only won cos Forkner crashed... well Duh.. the idea is to win the championship and move on , Sexton is now the Honda prodigal son, and will fill Kenny's boots when he hangs it up, whereas i dont see Forkner getting a good 450 shot unless he can right the ship soon.
LKHill
6/12/2021 4:59am
He got himself a Barbie Doll, right about the time his dirt bike career fell off a cliff. Seems he can't make up his mind witch one he wants to play with. That can happen when your 24 going on 17 with a golden spoon.

UpTiTe
Fantasy
4091st
6/12/2021 5:21am
TeamGreen wrote:
nousername wrote:
I thought they split sometime last year
They did, but they got back together.
yak651
Fantasy
214th
6/12/2021 6:16am
Maybe his dad can log back in and set it straight...
6/12/2021 6:30am Edited Date/Time 6/12/2021 6:57am
Chicks do that to a man
To a boy, not a man.
A man makes sure he has options.
Huh.

I seem to recall someone here on Vital put up an Insta post from his (maybe ex) girl that was like: "No more boys, only men" or something like that.
Mavetism
6/12/2021 6:54am
Chicks do that to a man
To a boy, not a man.
Huh. I seem to recall someone here on Vital put up an Insta post from his (maybe ex) girl that was like: [i]"No more boys, only...
Huh.

I seem to recall someone here on Vital put up an Insta post from his (maybe ex) girl that was like: "No more boys, only men" or something like that.
She said something like "I need a real man" after someone asked about their break up. No looks can make up for a personality like that. Poor Fork.

I even hate myself for knowing such useless information. 😂
6/12/2021 7:01am Edited Date/Time 6/12/2021 7:13am
To a boy, not a man.
Huh. I seem to recall someone here on Vital put up an Insta post from his (maybe ex) girl that was like: [i]"No more boys, only...
Huh.

Mavetism wrote:
She said something like "I need a real man" after someone asked about their break up. No looks can make up for a personality like that...
She said something like "I need a real man" after someone asked about their break up. No looks can make up for a personality like that. Poor Fork.

I even hate myself for knowing such useless information. 😂
Yeah, that is some petty shit.

Thing is: here is SilverSpurs using the word 'boy', some woman inferring 'boy'.

Just noticing: I've never heard the word 'boy' used about Sexton, even though he literally was one when he started his pro career. I never heard 'boy' (without the word 'Golden') attached to Dunge, a year younger than Forkner is now, as a 450 champ.
tingo
6/12/2021 7:26am
...and this, folks, is why JS7 was wise to keep his girlfriend/fiancé/wife well hidden.
6/12/2021 7:29am
tingo wrote:
...and this, folks, is why JS7 was wise to keep his girlfriend/fiancé/wife well hidden.
Different generation that wasn't raised on social media.
Zycki11
6/12/2021 9:20am
tingo wrote:
I agree, unless you have one like Chad or Marvin who are embedded and the dream is the same.
Tumic
6/12/2021 2:49pm
I really dont think that Mitch is keeping up with todays climate when we are talking about PC’s lack of titles the last years.

Back when PC ruled the 125cc / lites class the PC bikes were far superior and all the best riders wanted to ride one. Now days we have plenty of teams with bikes at the same level or better with teams that pays good money.

Like Mitch says in the Pulp show that he signs for lower money and then pays good bonuses instead. If you were a rider would you take a well paid deal knowing that you get a fair bit of money no matter what your results are or would you ”just want to rely” on bonus money?

Besides forkner in SX who we all know most likley ends up in the dirt, Mitch havent had a guy that have been up to championship speed the last couple of years as the Star or Geico (now HRC) has.
Question
6/12/2021 3:16pm

He will figure it out.

In SX, there is arguably and with stats no rider with as many wins as he has. What puts his (sx) career in an unconfortable position was just too much speed, too much confidence, ala js7. He wanted to win too much, and dominating the field by a mile, even from qualifying. That bite hard.

The injuries he had were severe, so it may take him a bit of time to get back to 100% outdoors, but I am quite sure he will come swinging for the sx season.

It is easy to forget AC was also a bit in the same seat not that long ago, it happens, he is still very young, so I think he is still the favorite for a sx 250 title within the next 2 or 3 years. If he doesn't deliver in that time frame, then it will suck, but for now, I think indoor he is still a very hot prospect (that also need excellent coaching).
dadofagun
Fantasy
1962nd
6/12/2021 3:40pm
TeamGreen wrote:
Sure about that? [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2021/06/11/497304/s1200_1EC1444C_ECAA_4A8B_B508_14797F59E800.jpg[/img]
Sure about that?
Take away the helicopter, Fox, Monster, Pro Circuit, and a fat paycheck...... Replace it with a 210,000 mile 1/2 ton truck, a job in the construction industry, a dinner of Hamburger Helper, and the worry if the check is gonna hit the bank in time.... See how long Princess would stick around.
6/13/2021 7:21pm
JBlain619 wrote:
It was a broken collarbone but Austin is less than a year out from a major internal injury. Moreover, he has raced exactly 4 races since...
It was a broken collarbone but Austin is less than a year out from a major internal injury. Moreover, he has raced exactly 4 races since that major injury. Before that, he had to recover from a major knee surgery that kept him out for the entire outdoor season. That's a lot of vital track time missed, a lot of experience to gain and a lot of recovery time. It has had to take a toll on him not only physically but mentally as well. Sometimes the mental side is the most challenging recovery. Maybe he's not willing to hang it out just yet due to all the injuries and recovery. Only Austin can answer that. His talent on a motorcycle is undeniable, hopefully he turns it around soon. Racing is better when riders like him aren't struggling.
nousername wrote:
Roczen came back to 450 class after his injuries and was close to winning right away. I think Austin is just focused on the fame an...
Roczen came back to 450 class after his injuries and was close to winning right away. I think Austin is just focused on the fame an women too much and not titles.
lol Roczen shattered his arm, Forkner had internal organs removed. I’d say it’s surprising Forkner even lined up for Supey this year. Might not be a title contender but a full outdoor season and some moto wins this year would be a nice plan.
6/13/2021 7:32pm
Everyone that supports these kids and they Instagram their girlfriends. It’s comical.

Mom, dad, sponsors....ppffftt. Coukdnt do it without my girlfriend doe!

Post a reply to: Forkner and Mitch

The Latest