Forkner and Mitch

Related:
Create New Tag

6/10/2021 10:59 AM

Anyone read Matthes take on the after race situation?

Forkner is one of my favorite riders, so I'm not bashing on him but does anyone know what is going on?

The article mentioned he was 'out of shape' and Mitch was pissed or something...running top10 doesn't seem out of shape but it is out of character for someone with that much raw speed.

Anyone have respectful insight?

|

6/10/2021 11:09 AM

I think it would be a good thing if Forkner could be able to build some race craft and consistency for a year. All those injuries and rushed comebacks take a toll on your body and mental state. Build like Shimoda does.. just my opinion

|

6/10/2021 11:19 AM

I mean it's not only the fact that he isn't in a good shape, he has a big lack of speed.

R1 he had the 19th fastest lap which was a 2.16 compared to a 2.10 for Hampshire. It was a 5.6 seconds gap.

R2 he had a 2.17 compared to a 2.12 for Jett, about 5 sec a lap.

He really need to turn it up...

|

6/10/2021 11:19 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/10/2021 11:22 AM

For him, getting through this entire outdoor season healthy is a goal. Kind of like Ciancairulo did in 2017 when he was starting to rebuild his career. I'm sure taking that much time off and racing in the altitude at Thunder Valley wasn't easy.

|

6/10/2021 11:21 AM

He crashes alot ...so he's hurt alot...and he hasn't raced mx in awhile..

|

scte3.0 pro-line trinity tekin

6/10/2021 11:23 AM

Barely holding in the top 10 when you had 4 months to prepare with every resource available to you on a factory bike is pretty abysmal.

|

6/10/2021 11:25 AM

vitalriderCrf wrote:

For him, getting through this entire outdoor season healthy is a goal. Kind of like Ciancairulo did in 2017 when he was ...more

Mitch has a lot of time and money in Forkner these last years, plus I'm sure he knows more about his training and fitness than we do here on vital. IF Mitch is pissed its for a very good reason. To say he should just mail it in and get through the season is ridiculous. Very easy to say when your not the one signing the kids checks and had a very low return on investment.

|

"Shifting gears and passing queers" GL

6/10/2021 11:32 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/10/2021 11:33 AM

nskerb wrote:

Barely holding in the top 10 when you had 4 months to prepare with every resource available to you on a factory bike is pretty ...more

And completely shot after about 25 minutes, he could barely hold on because he was so tired. Unacceptable and i can only imagine how furious Mitch was after that display.

|

Current fleet of two wheeled vehicles:
- Yamaha YZ450F 2020
- Suzuki GSX-R 600 K7 track spec
- Canyon Sender CF 8.0 2018 Downhill
- White GX Pro 20 Gravel

6/10/2021 11:38 AM

TM and JT say he is out of shape.

|

6/10/2021 11:40 AM

vitalriderCrf wrote:

For him, getting through this entire outdoor season healthy is a goal. Kind of like Ciancairulo did in 2017 when he was ...more

JOE_SPROCKETS#1 wrote:

Mitch has a lot of time and money in Forkner these last years, plus I'm sure he knows more about his training and fitness than ...more

Sorry for being realistic. It's not like he's gonna contend for this title. Sorry but it's the truth. Maybe next year

|

6/10/2021 11:46 AM

Mitch doesn’t take excuses; if you’re healthy, he expects you’re in shape. Forkner riding around with an anchor going backwards is a 5 alarm fire hinting he wasn’t prepped to race.

|

6/10/2021 11:51 AM

Motofinne wrote:

And completely shot after about 25 minutes, he could barely hold on because he was so tired. Unacceptable and i can only ...more

I thought maybe he had a bike problem the way he backed off toward the end of the 2nd moto. So no bike problems? Just could no longer push the pace?

Not to derail from Forkner, but anyone know what happened to Mosimans bike 2nd moto? Looks like he lost all power with about 5 laps to go, was not even attempting the bigger jumps.

|

6/10/2021 11:53 AM

What bit of coverage he got, he looked slow and unmotivated... if he was blowing out of his arse, that explains why.

He isnt ready, if his injuries are holding him back, fitness wise, Outdoors isnt the place to try and hide.

|

6/10/2021 11:55 AM

It’s a well known fact that Mitch has a low tolerance for bullshit, sooo. Somebody may need a new ride soon

|

6/10/2021 12:08 PM

remember those old threads about who was gonna turn out to be the better pro, Forkner or Sexton? I always voted for Forkner.... LOL

|

www.bettercallsaul.com
Die Antwoord

6/10/2021 12:08 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/10/2021 12:09 PM

I feel for Mitch, he built his team with a generation of riders who understood what it took to be successful, and that mindset of team/rider together was very successful. Dare I say the new generation of 250 riders almost expect it. And that mindset is not at all received well by someone like Mitch who scratched and clawed his way to the top, earning every bit of it.

|

6/10/2021 12:11 PM

Can we get a link to the article?

|

6/10/2021 12:19 PM

kage173 wrote:

Can we get a link to the article?

Photo
|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

6/10/2021 12:35 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/10/2021 2:03 PM

When you only have 20 races a year and sit out 8 of those. Well he gets what he gets from lack of actual race time. Forkner sounds like he got a big for his britches as mom would say. Lol

|

6/10/2021 12:44 PM

I think he’ll get it back on track. Hopefully he knows he fucked up, keeps his mouth shut and starts putting in the work.

With the luck Mitch has had lately, he would let Forkner go and the dude would sign with Star and win a championship.

|

6/10/2021 12:49 PM

crowe660 wrote:

I think he’ll get it back on track. Hopefully he knows he fucked up, keeps his mouth shut and starts putting in the work.

...more

You think Star would sign him..?

|

6/10/2021 12:52 PM

crowe660 wrote:

...more

philG wrote:

You think Star would sign him..?

Absolutely lol. It seems like They give zero fucks who you are if you can win.

|

6/10/2021 12:57 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/10/2021 2:13 PM

kopfjaeger wrote:

It’s a well known fact that Mitch has a low tolerance for bullshit, sooo. Somebody may need a new ride soon

I thought he has a Factory Kawi 450 ride waiting after next year? Who is his trainer? Does Mitch have a program like STAR does with Swanny and KTM/Husky has with Aldon?

|

6/10/2021 1:01 PM

He's had plenty of time to be ready. On the pod review it was mentioned Forker told Mitch he may need to pace himself. I'm sure that went over well. In an interview at the beginning of the year, Forkner looked... I'll just say, not well.

|

We are the sum of a 1,000 lives. What we know is almost nothing at all.

6/10/2021 1:03 PM

You know it's bad when you're riding so slow everyone thinks there's something wrong with your bike...

Is it premature to say Forkner doesn't give a shit about outdoors? If he did he would be in some sort of shape, seems he just wants to make that easy supercross money and bang the monster models.

|

6/10/2021 1:03 PM

miketherider wrote:

Mitch doesn’t take excuses; if you’re healthy, he expects you’re in shape. Forkner riding around with an anchor going ...more

if he had 4 months of prep how could Mitch not know he was out of shape?

|

6/10/2021 1:06 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/10/2021 4:50 PM

Forkner was riding at Pala and Glen Helen every Tuesday and thursday for months prior to the start of the nationals.

I never saw him go as fast as a guy like Justin Cooper or Max Vohland, and they were always tearing his Kawi down and rebuilding it at the track off the back of the truck between practice motos. I swear every time I saw that bike sitting at the back of the PC box van with the subframe and tank off.

Maybe it is a medical thing, because he sure put in the practice laps. The guy is sure talented, I wonder what is going on.

|

6/10/2021 1:13 PM

The kid lost internal organs (spleen/pancreas) last year, that has to have an impact on fitness.

|

6/10/2021 1:34 PM

Its ironic that he trains with RR who was the exact same guy as AF is now throughout his entire pro career.

|

6/10/2021 1:37 PM

KirkChandler wrote:

The kid lost internal organs (spleen/pancreas) last year, that has to have an impact on fitness.

He had 1/3 of his pancreas removed and his spleen. That must be it.

|