Fork Tube decals

Jharper
Edited Date/Time 10/29/2017 8:46am
So, in the dealer complaints thread someone was talking about how they hated when the dealer put fork decals on upside down. This got me thinking. A quick google search has shown that companies do it both ways, but what are everyone’s thoughts on words always flowing from the top down vs. words flip flopping and reading bottom to top on opposing sides?

Attached is a related picture... it seems to me like these would look much better if there was only one version. The company seems to think I’m wrong.

Thoughts on this? Other than obviously these aren’t everyone’s thing, but I think they will at least do a decent job of protecting the forks.

|
10/27/2017 7:30pm

IMO it drives me nuts. I was too excited about getting my suspension back to notice at first. The. I realized it. I sent them a email and said how I was ocd and wanted a new decal so I could have it read the right way. Now I’m happy lol
Jharper
10/27/2017 7:35pm
Ha okay, I’m really glad I’m not the only one. The company was ignoring me until I made a post on Instagram and tagged them in it, then they got rude telling me I’m wrong. A quick google search showed that companies do both. Some go bottom to top and some have identical decals for both tubes. I agree with you. It looks better that way.

10/27/2017 7:40pm
Hey JHarper, the answer is simple: flip-flop them.

If you dont, Im not paying MSRP or your bullshit setup fee.

The Shop

Jharper
10/27/2017 7:50pm
Hey JHarper, the answer is simple: flip-flop them.

If you dont, Im not paying MSRP or your bullshit setup fee.
Hahah the set up fee is a whole other story.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
10/27/2017 7:57pm
I can’t stand it!!! Left side should be opposite of the right. Drives me nuts!!!! I would say it’s ocd, but look at Eric’s picture. The left fork looks absolutely ridiculous! How does that not drive someone crazy?
aeffertz
10/27/2017 8:08pm
Like someone else mentioned, you read from left to right. So that's how the decals should be placed.
langhammx
Fantasy
455th
10/27/2017 8:11pm
mattyhamz2 wrote:
I can’t stand it!!! Left side should be opposite of the right. Drives me nuts!!!! I would say it’s ocd, but look at Eric’s picture. The...
I can’t stand it!!! Left side should be opposite of the right. Drives me nuts!!!! I would say it’s ocd, but look at Eric’s picture. The left fork looks absolutely ridiculous! How does that not drive someone crazy?
Yeah, I've seen a few (very few), usually done by the owner. But if a suspension company actually did that and then said it was intentional, well........ I'm going to find out what they're smoking over there. I wonder if Clark is aware of such a ridiculous statement from Noleen. Wow !!
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
10/27/2017 10:20pm
mattyhamz2 wrote:
I can’t stand it!!! Left side should be opposite of the right. Drives me nuts!!!! I would say it’s ocd, but look at Eric’s picture. The...
langhammx wrote:
Yeah, I've seen a few (very few), usually done by the owner. But if a suspension company actually did that and then said it was intentional...
Yeah, I've seen a few (very few), usually done by the owner. But if a suspension company actually did that and then said it was intentional, well........ I'm going to find out what they're smoking over there. I wonder if Clark is aware of such a ridiculous statement from Noleen. Wow !!
I’d have to imagine Clark wouldn’t be too happy. I raced with Parker(either his son or nephew, can’t remember) a few years back at the So Cal motocross series and his fork stickers were on they way they should be.
leighracer
10/27/2017 10:33pm
If a suspension company can't install the stickers correctly you probably don't want them working on your fork and shock internals.......Just saying.
ledger
10/27/2017 11:19pm
Jharper wrote:
So, in the dealer complaints thread someone was talking about how they hated when the dealer put fork decals on upside down. This got me thinking...
So, in the dealer complaints thread someone was talking about how they hated when the dealer put fork decals on upside down. This got me thinking. A quick google search has shown that companies do it both ways, but what are everyone’s thoughts on words always flowing from the top down vs. words flip flopping and reading bottom to top on opposing sides?

Attached is a related picture... it seems to me like these would look much better if there was only one version. The company seems to think I’m wrong.

Thoughts on this? Other than obviously these aren’t everyone’s thing, but I think they will at least do a decent job of protecting the forks.

I just now thought how good the "Fasthouse" name would look on those tubes. But yep, left to right.
JackLHyde
10/27/2017 11:22pm
Additionally I can't stand when they are put into a position that when you rotate the tubes in the correct position for the stickers, the air screw isn't accessible anymore.
Thor34103
10/28/2017 1:35am
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/10/27/222148/s1200_801BD10C_9B04_449A_AB31_4CFF427DA9BA.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/10/27/222149/s1200_8C83ABCC_2361_4AF3_9E23_BCEB76551712.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/10/27/222150/s1200_DCC62292_657C_4ED7_AE4D_0DC7BA130AB4.jpg[/img] IMO it drives me nuts. I was too excited about getting my suspension back to notice at first. The. I realized it. I...

IMO it drives me nuts. I was too excited about getting my suspension back to notice at first. The. I realized it. I sent them a email and said how I was ocd and wanted a new decal so I could have it read the right way. Now I’m happy lol
Love the retro Troy/5th Dragon graphics!!!
10/28/2017 5:04am
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/10/27/222148/s1200_801BD10C_9B04_449A_AB31_4CFF427DA9BA.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/10/27/222149/s1200_8C83ABCC_2361_4AF3_9E23_BCEB76551712.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/10/27/222150/s1200_DCC62292_657C_4ED7_AE4D_0DC7BA130AB4.jpg[/img] IMO it drives me nuts. I was too excited about getting my suspension back to notice at first. The. I realized it. I...

Thor34103 wrote:
Love the retro Troy/5th Dragon graphics!!!
Thank you!
rmoto003
10/28/2017 5:10am
Well considering we read from left to right.........

Pretty stupid when they are upside down
ns503
10/28/2017 6:28am
Ya, so like I asked in the other thread - do dealers really have to put the decals on? Don't they come to them like that?
shmacky78
10/28/2017 6:43am
Bought a few used bikes over the years that had the upside down sticker on one side, peeled that shit off before I loaded it up. Lol didn’t want people on the highway to think I was a goon. Oh wait I’m a goon
Bruce372
10/28/2017 7:38am
It's s pet peeve of mine, and when I got my new fc450 home they were put on one side wrong.

Lots of people mess then up when doing fork seals and mix up the tubes.

Front brake hose outside the fork leg drives me nuts too when I see it at the track
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
10/28/2017 7:43am
Jharper wrote:
So, in the dealer complaints thread someone was talking about how they hated when the dealer put fork decals on upside down. This got me thinking...

Always left to right. Any other way just looks stupid.

Also, do you always work on your bike in your driveway? You might want to consider putting something under your brake rotor to protect it. Not really a good idea to leave it down on the pavement/cement.
mxb2
10/28/2017 7:53am
Jharper wrote:

-MAVERICK- wrote:
Always left to right. Any other way just looks stupid. Also, do you always work on your bike in your driveway? You might want to consider...

Also, do you always work on your bike in your driveway? You might want to consider putting something under your brake rotor to protect it. Not really a good idea to leave it down on the pavement/cement.
I don't do stuff in my driveway ,. Try not to let many people know about my stuff. Hard to hide it , but better safe than sorry.
etccb
10/28/2017 8:20am
If you chop your frame and remove the front end rake mounting the forks straight up and down you can flip the decal any way you want.
Jharper
10/28/2017 9:07am
Jharper wrote:

-MAVERICK- wrote:
Always left to right. Any other way just looks stupid. Also, do you always work on your bike in your driveway? You might want to consider...

mxb2 wrote:
I don't do stuff in my driveway ,. Try not to let many people know about my stuff. Hard to hide it , but better safe...
I don't do stuff in my driveway ,. Try not to let many people know about my stuff. Hard to hide it , but better safe than sorry.
Idk where you guys live, but sure I work on my bike in my driveway. I live in the middle of nowhere and everyone knows everyone around here. It’s not that big of a deal.

Also, while it does look like my rotor is laying flat on the ground it’s not. There’s a wheel spacer keeping it off the ground.
mxb2
10/28/2017 9:26am
-MAVERICK- wrote:

mxb2 wrote:
I don't do stuff in my driveway ,. Try not to let many people know about my stuff. Hard to hide it , but better safe...
Jharper wrote:
Idk where you guys live, but sure I work on my bike in my driveway. I live in the middle of nowhere and everyone knows everyone...
Idk where you guys live, but sure I work on my bike in my driveway. I live in the middle of nowhere and everyone knows everyone around here. It’s not that big of a deal.

Also, while it does look like my rotor is laying flat on the ground it’s not. There’s a wheel spacer keeping it off the ground.
I live in a decent area,but still better, outa sight outa mind. I don't trust anyone with my 10k . Criminals come to nice areas to steal stuff.
Jharper
10/28/2017 9:51am
mxb2 wrote:
Jharper wrote:
Idk where you guys live, but sure I work on my bike in my driveway. I live in the middle of nowhere and everyone knows everyone...

mxb2 wrote:
I live in a decent area,but still better, outa sight outa mind. I don't trust anyone with my 10k . Criminals come to nice areas to...
I live in a decent area,but still better, outa sight outa mind. I don't trust anyone with my 10k . Criminals come to nice areas to steal stuff.
Oh I’m not saying it’s a nice area. It is just in the middle of nowhere and I’ve got insurance and guns. I get what you’re saying, but I have 2 neighbors and no drive by traffic. Everyone around me has horses and such. They aren’t messing with a bike believe me
captmoto
10/28/2017 10:01am
The only time I ever had an issue was I used Racetech for my forks and the stickers were facing almost backwards. They also only only cover 2/3 of the tube where the WP AER sticker were more wrap around and offered more protection.
PFitzG38
10/29/2017 8:24am
I'm seeing all these comment about left to right. What does that have to do with up and down. Is up left or right?
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
10/29/2017 8:34am
PFitzG38 wrote:
I'm seeing all these comment about left to right. What does that have to do with up and down. Is up left or right?
Depends which side of the bike you're on.

Left side of the bike, tilt your head to the left to read the decal, reading left to right. Up = right.

Right side of the bike, tilt your head to the right to read the decal, reading left to right. Up = left.
HenryA
10/29/2017 8:46am
There's an easy solution to this, get Öhlins. Gotta be a real morAn if you're installing those decals wrong

PFitzG38
10/29/2017 12:30pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Depends which side of the bike you're on. Left side of the bike, tilt your head to the left to read the decal, reading left to...
Depends which side of the bike you're on.

Left side of the bike, tilt your head to the left to read the decal, reading left to right. Up = right.

Right side of the bike, tilt your head to the right to read the decal, reading left to right. Up = left.
Now I get it which ever angle of the fork tube is closest to level. Makes sense. Thanks

Post a reply to: Fork Tube decals

The Latest