Ford Transit Connect?

Evoracer
3/19/2018 11:37am
Had an E350 extended van for years and loved it. Got a 2016 F250 4x crew and hated it. lol

I am about 3weeks in on this one. So far so good. about 15mpg thus far.

Gandorlf
3/20/2018 11:32pm
I've just bought a 2007 Connect LWB High Roof with 133k on it. Not sure about the newer style but it's the smallest van I could find for MX without having to take wheels off, compress forks etc. Great little van I love it. Van insurance is crazy if you're under 25 with 0 NCD.

A buddy of mine has a VW Caddy Maxi and he has to put a little 65cc wheel on his YZF to roll it in.
Team MMR
4/3/2018 7:41am
Gandorlf wrote:
I've just bought a 2007 Connect LWB High Roof with 133k on it. Not sure about the newer style but it's the smallest van I could...
I've just bought a 2007 Connect LWB High Roof with 133k on it. Not sure about the newer style but it's the smallest van I could find for MX without having to take wheels off, compress forks etc. Great little van I love it. Van insurance is crazy if you're under 25 with 0 NCD.

A buddy of mine has a VW Caddy Maxi and he has to put a little 65cc wheel on his YZF to roll it in.
Is that an XL or XLT? and you can fit one or 2 bikes without compressing the forks?
Spooner
4/3/2018 7:45am
Gandorlf wrote:
I've just bought a 2007 Connect LWB High Roof with 133k on it. Not sure about the newer style but it's the smallest van I could...

Team MMR wrote:
Is that an XL or XLT? and you can fit one or 2 bikes without compressing the forks?
We didn't even get the Connect until 2010 so it's probably not even the same body style as the first gen we got here.

The Shop

Jimfunn
4/3/2018 8:12am
Gandorlf wrote:

Team MMR wrote:
Spooner wrote:
We didn't even get the Connect until 2010 so it's probably not even the same body style as the first gen we got here.
Yeh it'll be older style. I have one (LWCool and a full size bike rolls in diagonally without needing to compress forks. If you compress the fork and no bulkhead you can squeeze 2 in.

The Merc. Mitris looks like what we get over here as a Vito. The older Vitos (although rust in Biritsh weather) were awesome vans. The new ones drive nicely but a bit cramped in the front for 3 people.

I now just have a Transit custom. 3 bikes & kit & 3 people easy. 35+mpg

It's always amazed me that people over there bother with massive trucks. Crap on fuel, no usable space, drive like shit, no security....but look cool.
deluxeman
4/3/2018 2:13pm
Transit vans are the way to go. Not the Transit Connect, they are too small. We have 7 full size transits for delivery vehicles and 6 E250 vans and NOBODY wants to get stuck in the E250's. The Transits are so much nicer to drive and work out of, much lower lift over height, much taller and the are huge inside. They drive great and get decent mileage. Ours have been reliable other than the driveshaft couplers that explode after a few miles. There is a recall fix for these now. I would skip the Transit Connect and find a good used Transit.

Econolines are reliable and cheaper, but they drive like crap compared to the new Transits/ Sprinters. The Chevrolet vans actually drive and ride better than the Ford E series vans. We have had a few of them, not as reliable as the Fords but nicer to drive day after day.
Spooner
4/3/2018 2:48pm
Jimfunn wrote:
Yeh it'll be older style. I have one (LWB) and a full size bike rolls in diagonally without needing to compress forks. If you compress the...
Yeh it'll be older style. I have one (LWCool and a full size bike rolls in diagonally without needing to compress forks. If you compress the fork and no bulkhead you can squeeze 2 in.

The Merc. Mitris looks like what we get over here as a Vito. The older Vitos (although rust in Biritsh weather) were awesome vans. The new ones drive nicely but a bit cramped in the front for 3 people.

I now just have a Transit custom. 3 bikes & kit & 3 people easy. 35+mpg

It's always amazed me that people over there bother with massive trucks. Crap on fuel, no usable space, drive like shit, no security....but look cool.
Man I wish we got the Transit Custom here in the US, that would be the perfect size for me.
4/3/2018 7:24pm
kkawboy14 wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/03/17/249878/s1200_82C5B881_A4B2_45AB_B1D7_CA66C0FFA7CE.jpg[/img]

You can fit two bikes and plenty of gear in these.
I've got one and have a two seater rear seat for the kids.
I don't carry them both together, too risky without a cargo barrier.
Best van I've owned.
I have the 119 Bluetec Long wheelbase and it is a rocket ship that gets 9l/100km of Diesel.

Post a reply to: Ford Transit Connect?

The Latest