For those who still watch network tv....

9/26/2022 7:42am
....I salute you.

I've only watched outdoors on YouTube this year and I'm a cheap rat bastard. So, I decided to go the Fubo route since I wanted to watch the Nations live and it was essentially free. And holy hell, that was painful. I haven't watched TV with commercials in years and I'll be splurging and buying the mxgp package next year.

I also have never realized how much I like watching a dozer go back and forth instead of watching commercials as well.

|
TeamGreen
9/26/2022 7:48am
How about the Ultimate FUBAR…?

On CBS Sports…they were showing commercials INSTEAD OF THE START OF THE 3RD RACE?!

The commercials were soooooo NOT timed or planned with the production crew.
SEEMEFIRST
9/26/2022 7:55am
On top of that, it seemed like they didn't even have it to replay it like they did every other moto.
MotoCosmo
9/26/2022 7:59am
Went to the track. Came home and watched commercial-free on YouTube. The only tough thing is avoiding spoilers while searching for the motos because there's always that one jack-hole channel that puts up the awards ceremony video with American flags waving between the full moto clips. Luckily I got the first two motos in before stumbling across the spoiler so it wasn't a total spoil
Shapi
9/26/2022 9:59am
Cut the DTV cord on Friday! Signed up for Fubo as well. We'll see how it goes. For those watching on YouTube, is it someone using their phone to record from a TV or computer? Are they legit sites/streaming services like YouTube TV or pirates? How is the quality?

The Shop

SGoodman
9/26/2022 10:28am
TV as we used to know it... is DEAD...

that's why when MXSports announced a new "tv deal" my head nearly exploded

this is how marketing works> max eyeballs equals max exposure equals max sales

to get maximum eyeballs on motocross it needs to be live and FREE on YouTube... period... max eyeballs, max exposure, max sales for all involved...

but no.. MXSports didn't want that.. they only wanted the $$$$ from some terrible "tv deal" to stick in their own pockets... the people running the show are in it to make max cash for about 5 people... not for the long term good of the sport....
9/26/2022 11:19am
TeamGreen wrote:
How about the Ultimate FUBAR…? On CBS Sports…they were showing commercials INSTEAD OF THE START OF THE 3RD RACE?! The commercials were soooooo NOT timed or...

On CBS Sports…they were showing commercials INSTEAD OF THE START OF THE 3RD RACE?!

I thought I heard Malin say they missed the start of the race? Like they wanted to go back and look at the start and did not have it.
AH387
9/26/2022 11:24am
TeamGreen wrote:
How about the Ultimate FUBAR…? On CBS Sports…they were showing commercials INSTEAD OF THE START OF THE 3RD RACE?! The commercials were soooooo NOT timed or...

Ya I wasn't happy about that. Not sure how they messed that up but missing the gate drop is annoying. Otherwise, I just just glad to view it live, as I did not have the MXGP package. I still have a normal cable package, along with some streaming (Netflix, Prime etc) and was able to catch the GPs all year on CBS Sports channel.
9/26/2022 11:31am
TeamGreen wrote:

That last part is especially true, there was no “…and we’re back” or “we’ll be back after a quick break” or anything.

But coming back from commercial to an already-running third moto while I was upstairs doing laundry was icing on the cake for this year’s broadcasting woes, lol.
Press516
9/26/2022 11:34am Edited Date/Time 9/26/2022 11:37am
Dumped DTV about a month ago. I went with YoutubeTV and it's working out pretty well. I have a few add on's like Peacock for specific shows, but it's about $150 less per month and right now I have only 1 show that I can't watch... And that is On Patrol - Live. I'm hoping that YoutubeTV will pick up Reelz at some point.

YoutubeTV is stable and reliable with very good quality.

I don't mind paying for the best coverage of an event like MXoN with the MXGP-TV coverage and it was great.
9/26/2022 12:14pm
I'm pretty stupid. But just so I understand correctly. If I buy the MXGP package, there is no way to watch on TV without "casting" it from another device? No Roku app or anything like that?
9/26/2022 12:30pm
I'm pretty stupid. But just so I understand correctly. If I buy the MXGP package, there is no way to watch on TV without "casting" it...
I'm pretty stupid. But just so I understand correctly. If I buy the MXGP package, there is no way to watch on TV without "casting" it from another device? No Roku app or anything like that?
I just looked for MXGP on my Roku, I did not see the app. I guess it’s not available on Roku?
Mick 22
9/26/2022 12:46pm
I watch nothing but cable/network TV, have never owned a portable phone, and have never been to Facebook/Twitter. Don't feel like I'm missing anything, but I could be wrong.

The only thing I watch on TV is MX, SX, some History channel and some Astronomy programs.

Regular TV is fine for MX and SX. I don't need to see the qualifying.

Still ride but no longer race with my age of 60, replacement knee and shoulder.

Press516 - I was also fast, but with emphasis on the WAS.

early
9/26/2022 1:37pm
I'm pretty stupid. But just so I understand correctly. If I buy the MXGP package, there is no way to watch on TV without "casting" it...
I tried to go through 2 tv web browsers but there seemed to be a bug that didn't allow me to login to the website so I used my chromecast to watch it.

Whoever does the motogp production and streaming service needs to do it for all motorcycle racing because it seems noone besides them can get it right.

My kids have lived an almost commercial-free life and I'm gonna try to keep it that way as long as possible. I watched a couple football games recently and was reminded what TV commercials look like, they are pure brain rotting trash.
D.K.O.N.
9/26/2022 1:42pm
You can't even cast it to an LG tv...which is weird. I had to hook up my laptop to my TV with an HDMI cable and play it that way. Worked just fine, but kind of a pain in the ass.
9/26/2022 5:40pm Edited Date/Time 9/26/2022 6:02pm
D.K.O.N. wrote:
You can't even cast it to an LG tv...which is weird. I had to hook up my laptop to my TV with an HDMI cable and...
You can't even cast it to an LG tv...which is weird. I had to hook up my laptop to my TV with an HDMI cable and play it that way. Worked just fine, but kind of a pain in the ass.
Yeah, that's what I was afraid of. Really wish their production was on an app like Peacock.

Post a reply to: For those who still watch network tv....

The Latest

The Latest