For those that didn't watch.....or go.....

rallendude
Edited Date/Time 10/1/2012 1:48pm
I was on and off of Vital most of the weekend. I understand we lost, crashes, busted wheels, etc. Can someone give us a quick run down of how the whole weekend went for team USA? I guess there will be race reports in the next few days but I'd like to hear how it all went down.
|
peelout
10/1/2012 10:33am Edited Date/Time 10/1/2012 10:37am
Send the b team, get b results.
i still don't get the B team thing...

Dungey - 2012 MX championship

Bagget - 2012 MX 250 championship

Barcia - 2012 MX 250 runnerup

it's a good thing Cairoli, Herlings, and Searle weren't on the same team
ak23
10/1/2012 10:35am
peelout wrote:
i still don't get the B team thing... Dungey - 2012 MX championship Bagget - 2012 MX 250 championship Barcia - 2012 MX 250 runnerup it's...

a team

stewart , villipoto and barcia

The Shop

TDeath21
10/1/2012 10:39am
B team only because of injuries. A team for what we had to choose from.
Grieby54
10/1/2012 10:39am
peelout wrote:
i still don't get the B team thing... Dungey - 2012 MX championship Bagget - 2012 MX 250 championship Barcia - 2012 MX 250 runnerup it's...

ak23 wrote:
a team

You're both idiots. I'm with Peely. We sent a great team and two of the guys didn't perform, Dungey worse so than Baggett.
rallendude
10/1/2012 10:46am
Half a page of jabber and no explanation of how the weekend went down.
jasonv43
10/1/2012 10:50am

This pretty much sums it up. Even the Monster Girls are pissed at us.
slipdog
10/1/2012 10:50am Edited Date/Time 10/1/2012 10:55am
Team USA showed up... So did Cairoli, Herlings, Roczen and Chuck Sun.

-End report
Falcon
Fantasy
798th
10/1/2012 10:55am
Dungey won't ever say this, but you can see how much it hurts for him to have to hand over that trophy. Every podium picture I've seen so far has shown a great big lump in his throat. That kid looks like his dog just got run over by a truck.

I'll lay down odds right now that if Dungey is on team USA for 2013, there's going to be an epic ass-kicking coming from the Orange #7 or #9 bike.
crf250pilot
10/1/2012 11:02am
slipdog wrote:
Team USA showed up... So did Cairoli, Herlings, Roczen and Chuck Sun.

-End report
edit- And Jimmy Button!

-End Report
jasonv43
10/1/2012 11:15am
Falcon wrote:
Dungey won't ever say this, but you can see how much it hurts for him to have to hand over that trophy. Every podium picture I've...
Dungey won't ever say this, but you can see how much it hurts for him to have to hand over that trophy. Every podium picture I've seen so far has shown a great big lump in his throat. That kid looks like his dog just got run over by a truck.

I'll lay down odds right now that if Dungey is on team USA for 2013, there's going to be an epic ass-kicking coming from the Orange #7 or #9 bike.
Agreed.
10/1/2012 11:33am
peelout wrote:

ak23 wrote:
a team

your A-team,

whould love to see Hannibal B-A and Face in lommel hahahahhaha

u send the best u have right now. and thay did good in the Lommel Warzone.

have a lot of respect for what RD BB and JB did ok thay struggeld, but damm almost everyone
had a fight whit that track. Even JH and AC had ther moments, AC sayd he did almost crashed when JH closed in and he had to speed up.
lrantan
10/1/2012 11:42am Edited Date/Time 10/1/2012 12:02pm
We sent the best team, we lost, look forward to next year.
10/1/2012 11:54am Edited Date/Time 10/1/2012 12:00pm
This seems like a tremendous waste of time, but I want to see if I'm remembering things correctly so what the hell.

So there was this one guy, Barcia. I think he was leading qualifying or something when Herlings blew by him. Barcia gave chase and ended up in a fence, wedged up close to these plywood barriers, dug himself in with the rear wheel. Chuck Sun came to the rescue, lifted the fence so Barcia could ride under, and Barcia rode to another section of the track to reenter, hopped the fence and did a sweet superman when his feet came off the pegs. He was then DQ'd, either for outside assistance or cutting the track, depending on who you ask.

https://youtu.be/lyOpYCgbXE8

m1: Dungey started ok, rode around in 7th or 8th, passed up to like 6th, got behind Roczen, KR pulled away, Dungey later fell coming through the "wave section" and finished 7th. Baggett with a shit start, passed up to 14th or something, fell, back to 20th, finished 14th. May have fallen more than that.

m2: Barcia started well, Herlings took off, DeDyker was in 2nd, he and Barcia raced and came together in a corner. DeDyker was like WTF, BRO?? Barcia remounted and got swarmed by like 3 dudes or maybe 4 dudes. Barcia's 5th on the last lap and we see him on the ground. Herlings rides around him to put him 1 down. He picks his bike up and immediately falls again. We see the front wheel is locked up, so he pushes it off to the pits, which is apparently right there where he fell (lucky). They get his wheel rolling and he rides the rest of the way to the finish line for 14th with the engine still smoking from pushing the jammed wheel. We find out Barcia broke some spokes in his collision with KD. I still don't know if he fell again and THEN the wheel locked up, or if suddenly it just stopped rolling and then he fell. Baggett got lapped for the 2nd time in two races, finished 6th, fell who knows how many times.

m3: Dungey started maybe 2nd, Cairoli was gone, Barcia passed into 3rd then got up alongside Dungey in a pretty long, straight section, Dungey sort of slid in right behind him, Barcia hit something weird and sort of looked like he might fall for a second, Dungey may have freaked out and shut off the throttle, causing him to lose control and fly sideways off the track and through some more fences. Or he just hit something funny and crashed on his own, depending on who you ask. Barcia rode awesome the rest of the way and didn't try to race Herlings when he flew by. I thought Dungey got lapped, but peeps are saying he didn't.

Apparently team USA, riders included, wasn't too confident after the first moto. And for good reason. We lost. The end.

This Baggett guy ain't cutting it internationally. Shoulda sent Tomac.

p.s. I predicted months ago we wouldn't win a moto. i am a genius.
FlaNard
10/1/2012 11:58am
People need to stop with the "B Team" crap. Would we have done better with RV there? Who knows. We still wouldnt have won on that track. We get our chance at redemption next year. For now, lets be respectful and say the best teams won.
ML512
Fantasy
45th
10/1/2012 12:10pm
This seems like a tremendous waste of time, but I want to see if I'm remembering things correctly so what the hell. So there was this...
This seems like a tremendous waste of time, but I want to see if I'm remembering things correctly so what the hell.

So there was this one guy, Barcia. I think he was leading qualifying or something when Herlings blew by him. Barcia gave chase and ended up in a fence, wedged up close to these plywood barriers, dug himself in with the rear wheel. Chuck Sun came to the rescue, lifted the fence so Barcia could ride under, and Barcia rode to another section of the track to reenter, hopped the fence and did a sweet superman when his feet came off the pegs. He was then DQ'd, either for outside assistance or cutting the track, depending on who you ask.

m1: Dungey started ok, rode around in 7th or 8th, passed up to like 6th, got behind Roczen, KR pulled away, Dungey later fell coming through the "wave section" and finished 7th. Baggett with a shit start, passed up to 14th or something, fell, back to 20th, finished 14th. May have fallen more than that.

m2: Barcia started well, Herlings took off, DeDyker was in 2nd, he and Barcia raced and came together in a corner. DeDyker was like WTF, BRO?? Barcia remounted and got swarmed by like 3 dudes or maybe 4 dudes. Barcia's 5th on the last lap and we see him on the ground. Herlings rides around him to put him 1 down. He picks his bike up and immediately falls again. We see the front wheel is locked up, so he pushes it off to the pits, which is apparently right there where he fell (lucky). They get his wheel rolling and he rides the rest of the way to the finish line for 14th with the engine still smoking from pushing the jammed wheel. We find out Barcia broke some spokes in his collision with KD. I still don't know if he fell again and THEN the wheel locked up, or if suddenly it just stopped rolling and then he fell. Baggett got lapped for the 2nd time in two races, finished 6th, fell who knows how many times.

m3: Dungey started maybe 2nd, Cairoli was gone, Barcia passed into 3rd then got up alongside Dungey in a pretty long, straight section, Dungey sort of slid in right behind him, Barcia hit something weird and sort of looked like he might fall for a second, Dungey may have freaked out and shut off the throttle, causing him to lose control and fly sideways off the track and through some more fences. Or he just hit something funny and crashed on his own, depending on who you ask. Barcia rode awesome the rest of the way and didn't try to race Herlings when he flew by. I thought Dungey got lapped, but peeps are saying he didn't.

Apparently team USA, riders included, wasn't too confident after the first moto. And for good reason. We lost. The end.

Baggett first moto was technically the third place MX2 rider (second was jeremy van horebeek) other than kenny most of the MX2 riders got HORRIBLE starts first moto. Second moto Baggett got 2nd out of the MX2 guys only being beat by Kenny who was 4th overall that race with baggett 6th. Roger, Mitch and most others interviewed thought he did quite well considering that... Not allot more to ask for out of our MX2 rider. Baggett represented well.
jasonv43
10/1/2012 12:14pm
This seems like a tremendous waste of time, but I want to see if I'm remembering things correctly so what the hell. So there was this...

Love the avatar.Smile
M-M
10/1/2012 12:16pm
I'm sure there was a thread on here about sending an AM within the team and still winning.....hmmmm
10/1/2012 12:18pm
peelout wrote:

ak23 wrote:
a team

Who knows,they might have done better,but as henry says,the Euro sand tracks like Lommel etc are pretty brutal,only once did a US rider get within a minute of Cairoli and Herlings but hindsight is a wonderful thing,every team had their problems too

If you'd have left both AMA champs at home,and still lost which is probable,people would be bitching the opposite way around anyhow,except some even bigger egos would have been dented.Those guys did well,you can't possibly knock them Wink
rallendude
10/1/2012 1:48pm

Well done sir. Thank you.

Post a reply to: For those that didn't watch.....or go.....

The Latest