For those of you wondering about Blake Wharton...

GuyB
Fantasy
988th
PR....

BLAKE WHARTON IS BACK FOR MORE 250 EAST SUPERCROSS

DALLAS, TX – February 7, 2018 – After a three-year hiatus from his racing career, Blake Wharton is returning to Supercross and will compete in the 2018 Monster Energy 250SX East series. Wharton will contend aboard a Munn Racing Husqvarna FC 250 with additional support from KSRWheels, HAAN Hubs, O’Neal Racing, VP Fuels Racing, Factory Connection, Free The Peeps, Seat Concepts, and TORC1 Racing.

“My intention just two weeks ago was to be on the line at the season opener for the East series February 17 in Arlington, but we’ve been pushed back a round or two because I had practice crash that’s put me behind a bit,” Wharton said. Wharton says he’s hoping to be ready for the second round in Tampa February 24, but he may not be 100 percent until the third round in Atlanta March 3.

“Obviously, I don’t plan to contend for the East title this year, so if I have to miss a round or two to make sure I’m healthy enough to race that’s OK with the team. If we get seven rounds in with some decent finishes as the season progresses we’ll count that as a victory and start focusing on building the effort for 2019,” he said.

Wharton, a former Rockstar Energy Suzuki and Geico Honda team member, has more than a dozen career podiums in the 250SX East series, including three wins to his credit. Wharton earned five top-five overall season finishes during his career. At 26, he wants to return to the sport to complete some unfinished business.

“I left the sport after a bout with Epstein Barr in 2013 and a knee injury in 2014. After dedicating my entire life to racing, the circumstances of my early departure were less than ideal to say the least,” Wharton said. Wharton, who is based in Pilot Point, TX, believes he is more prepared mentally for a return to the sport he loves.

“I’m not suffering from any delusions about my return,” Wharton said. “It’s not easy jumping back into a sport as competitive as Supercross after a three-year layoff. I don’t have a factory bike, but I do have outstanding support from the guys at Munn Racing and all my other sponsors. They’re behind me 100 percent and our early goal is simply to put it in the main and do the best we can. We’ll see how it shapes up from there and take it week-by-week.” While managing his own expectations, Wharton does expect to return to top-five form by the end of the season.

Wharton’s not thinking simply short-term. Ultimately, he’d like to find a place in the action sports industry once he’s done racing and he believes building on his previous racing success will help him better prepare for that.

“At the end of the day, we all know Supercross is a dangerous sport and I’ve considered my motivation for returning carefully,” he said. “A return wouldn’t be a viable option for me five years from now.”

Since beginning his hiatus, Wharton has remained active in the industry and on the track, penning several features for RacerX Illustrated, conducting motocross schools in the United States and in places as far flung as Africa and Ecuador. He’s also made progress on his education, studying marketing communications at The University of North Texas. He’s even managed to publish four songs, which are available for download in Apple iTunes.

“I think all of my experiences over the past three years have helped me mature personally and as a professional athlete. I’ve got a few good years left to put all this together on the race track with an eye toward my future and now is the time to do that.”

Blake Wharton turned professional in 2008 after a highly successful amateur motocross career. He began his pro career with Factory KTM and moved to Geico Honda where he competed from 2008 through 2011 before moving to the RockStar Suzuki team for 2012 and 2013. In his last year of competition, Wharton served as a fill-in rider for the Geico Honda team. He has thirteen career 250SX East series podiums, including three 250SX East series wins at Saint Louis in 2009, Indianapolis in 2012, and Houston in 2013.

Munn Racing is owned and operated by Chip Munn, who bought his Texas dealership in 1999 and promptly began heavy support of local amateur and professional racers. In 2012, the Munn Racing team completed its first full professional racing season and they’ve been committed to growing the sport by building a strong program ever since. While the team has supported a number of professional racers over the past several years, Munn’s commitment to strong 250SX finishes has been significantly elevated for 2018 with the hiring of Blake Wharton.
|
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
2/6/2018 3:22pm
I thought he was doing it on a 450?

Whatever, just cool that he's coming back and putting in a good effort.
flatout111
2/6/2018 3:25pm
So awesome. Blake, along with Mookie and James have been my favorite riders the last handful of years. Pumped to see him back.

The Shop

SEE ARE125
2/6/2018 3:32pm
TYLER JUST TAKED HIS SHIRT OFF AND RAPPED A BIG OLE TEXAS FLAG OVER HIS SHOULDERS, SHOTGUNNED AN APPLE JUICE AND SKULL CRUSHED THE JUICEBOX ON HIS FOREHED THEN TAKED A CHAIR TO HIS UNCEL HORSE’S FACE JUST LIKE THE BIG SHOW DOSE THEN RUNNED IN THE GARAGE AND DIDED BURNOUTS ON HIS RM85 AND SMOKED UP THE HOLE HOUSE BECAUS HE LEFTED THE DOOR OPENED.
luis97
2/6/2018 3:33pm
Tc250? He's on a two stroke ?
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
2/6/2018 3:36pm
SEE ARE125 wrote:
TYLER JUST TAKED HIS SHIRT OFF AND RAPPED A BIG OLE TEXAS FLAG OVER HIS SHOULDERS, SHOTGUNNED AN APPLE JUICE AND SKULL CRUSHED THE JUICEBOX ON...
TYLER JUST TAKED HIS SHIRT OFF AND RAPPED A BIG OLE TEXAS FLAG OVER HIS SHOULDERS, SHOTGUNNED AN APPLE JUICE AND SKULL CRUSHED THE JUICEBOX ON HIS FOREHED THEN TAKED A CHAIR TO HIS UNCEL HORSE’S FACE JUST LIKE THE BIG SHOW DOSE THEN RUNNED IN THE GARAGE AND DIDED BURNOUTS ON HIS RM85 AND SMOKED UP THE HOLE HOUSE BECAUS HE LEFTED THE DOOR OPENED.
I think we just found the real TYLER.
Question
2/6/2018 3:38pm
Great for him to come back. He has the talent to do exactly like Craig is doing, no doubt for some top 10s this year and for a top 5 in the championship in 2019.
Mini Elsinore
2/6/2018 3:52pm
How can anyone not root for this guy? Well spoken and seems to be well grounded, as well. Looking forward to seeing him back out there!
SEE ARE125
2/6/2018 4:19pm
SEE ARE125 wrote:
TYLER JUST TAKED HIS SHIRT OFF AND RAPPED A BIG OLE TEXAS FLAG OVER HIS SHOULDERS, SHOTGUNNED AN APPLE JUICE AND SKULL CRUSHED THE JUICEBOX ON...
-MAVERICK- wrote:
hahaha I only wish I was that creative! I went and re-read some of his posts a few days ago, shared them with the wife and she had tears in her eyes. I really hope he’s a troll(I’m like 94% sure he is), because I would feel horrible for laughing if his situation is true.
dirtmike86
2/6/2018 4:27pm
SEE ARE125 wrote:
-MAVERICK- wrote:
SEE ARE125 wrote:
hahaha I only wish I was that creative! I went and re-read some of his posts a few days ago, shared them with the wife and...
hahaha I only wish I was that creative! I went and re-read some of his posts a few days ago, shared them with the wife and she had tears in her eyes. I really hope he’s a troll(I’m like 94% sure he is), because I would feel horrible for laughing if his situation is true.
WOW I DIDNT KNOW BRAKE WAS FORM TEXAS.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
2/6/2018 5:21pm
SEE ARE125 wrote:
-MAVERICK- wrote:
SEE ARE125 wrote:
hahaha I only wish I was that creative! I went and re-read some of his posts a few days ago, shared them with the wife and...
Pretty good impersonation if you ask me. Almost spot on with the grammer.

Great uncle Horse LOL.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
2/6/2018 5:23pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
SEE ARE125 wrote:
dirtmike86 wrote:
Clearly you're not TYLER because he knows anyone and everyone who's FORM TEXAS.
ML512
Fantasy
45th
2/6/2018 5:39pm
luis97 wrote:
Tc250? He's on a two stroke ?
Typo, it's a FC 250, he's racing 250 East Coast.
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
2/6/2018 6:07pm
TC250? Is that a typo?
It was a typo...it'll be an FC.
2/6/2018 6:09pm
Good update....I was wondering why they hadn't announced anything and why he wasn't on the pre-entry list yet for Arlington. Blake always seemed a little wild in SX, and I can see maturity and it's humility mellowing him out a bit. He'll be getting top 5's by end of the season.
crf250pilot
2/6/2018 6:32pm
SEE ARE125 wrote:
LMAO!!! Best Tyler rendition yet.
dirtmike86
2/6/2018 8:33pm
SEE ARE125 wrote:
dirtmike86 wrote:
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Nope iam actually surprised he hasnt busted down the door of this thread tho.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
2/6/2018 8:45pm
dirtmike86 wrote:
-MAVERICK- wrote:
dirtmike86 wrote:
Nope iam actually surprised he hasnt busted down the door of this thread tho.
Same. He usually chimes in when it has to do with anything SUSZUKI or TEXAS.

Imagine if Blake would of made his return on a yellow bike. Not sure he'd be able survive such an announcement.

Post a reply to: For those of you wondering about Blake Wharton...

The Latest