For the newbs: there is only 1 GOAT. Just because you "think" someone is dominant, he's not.

ridge
Edited Date/Time 9/23/2015 2:01pm
RV was/is a complete badass, but he's no GOAT. Tomac schooled everybody for the first 5 motos this year, but he doesn't even come close, especially outdoors. Dungey isn't going to beat Ricky's records.

Compare to Ricky's '02-'06 seasons...crushing 109 moto wins out of 120 chances. In that 5 year span, his worst year was in '06, when he lost 5 motos = domination.

That doesn't include his first big bike season when he "only" won 14 motos, or his second season where he "only" won 13. Then, in his part-time (retirement) season, he won 9 out of the 12 motos he entered.

So, when the question comes up about who would have won what, if only they were there, RC is always the answer. It's pretty simple. Or, to put it another way, think of Martin winning every outdoor title, and almost every moto, until 2023. That's what it would take to dethrone the GOAT.
|
hvaughn88
9/21/2015 1:02pm
You're correct. There's only 1 GOAT. His name is Muhammad AliTongue
ridge
9/21/2015 1:04pm
Olson wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2015/09/21/105602/s1200_goats_med.jpg[/img]

You mean, there's more than one GOAT after all? Dammit.
gt80rider
9/21/2015 1:06pm
Fuck ya, there is only one hurricane Hannah!

The Shop

jeffro503
9/21/2015 1:11pm
I agree 100% ridge!!

Btw...where the hell were you this weekend. The usgp was a freakin blast.
ridge
9/21/2015 1:12pm
gt80rider wrote:
Yep...Hannah was The Man.
gnarwhip
9/21/2015 1:12pm
Sure Ricky is the GOAT of the outdoors, but it's stupid to refer to him as GOAT of the whole sport, because Supercross is a huge part of the sport now. McGrath will always be the GOAT of Supercross. I think it's a slap in the face to MC to call RC the GOAT.
huck
9/21/2015 1:13pm
gt80rider wrote:
ridge wrote:
Yep...Hannah was The Man.
I thought Roger was "The Man"... lol
ridge
9/21/2015 1:14pm
jeffro503 wrote:
I agree 100% ridge!!

I was at home...hadn't been there for a while and now I'm leaving again for another couple weeks. At least I'm all healed up so I can ride during the wet season! We gotta meet up somewhere!
ridge
9/21/2015 1:16pm
gnarwhip wrote:
Sure Ricky is the GOAT of the outdoors, but it's stupid to refer to him as GOAT of the whole sport, because Supercross is a huge...
Sure Ricky is the GOAT of the outdoors, but it's stupid to refer to him as GOAT of the whole sport, because Supercross is a huge part of the sport now. McGrath will always be the GOAT of Supercross. I think it's a slap in the face to MC to call RC the GOAT.
I understand that part of it, but it wasn't like Ricky sucked at supercross. Is he ranked second on the list of championships, or is he farther down the list?

If you combined the two series, Ricky is back at the top (I think).
Desrtracer
9/21/2015 1:18pm
ridge wrote:
RV was/is a complete badass, but he's no GOAT. Tomac schooled everybody for the first 5 motos this year, but he doesn't even come close, especially...
RV was/is a complete badass, but he's no GOAT. Tomac schooled everybody for the first 5 motos this year, but he doesn't even come close, especially outdoors. Dungey isn't going to beat Ricky's records.

Compare to Ricky's '02-'06 seasons...crushing 109 moto wins out of 120 chances. In that 5 year span, his worst year was in '06, when he lost 5 motos = domination.

That doesn't include his first big bike season when he "only" won 14 motos, or his second season where he "only" won 13. Then, in his part-time (retirement) season, he won 9 out of the 12 motos he entered.

So, when the question comes up about who would have won what, if only they were there, RC is always the answer. It's pretty simple. Or, to put it another way, think of Martin winning every outdoor title, and almost every moto, until 2023. That's what it would take to dethrone the GOAT.
Just for Clarification Ricky Carmichael is the GOAT for his time in racing not for all time. Nobody can clame to be the best of all time if they didnt race all the big stars from their times. When McGrath was racing nobody could touch him, When Carmichael was racing nobdoy could touch him and when Villapoto was racing nobody could touch him. All three of those cats are fast dudes and all of them are the best of all time.
Olson
9/21/2015 1:32pm
Desalle found some goats.

cwtoyota
9/21/2015 1:35pm
gnarwhip wrote:
Sure Ricky is the GOAT of the outdoors, but it's stupid to refer to him as GOAT of the whole sport, because Supercross is a huge...
ridge wrote:
I understand that part of it, but it wasn't like Ricky sucked at supercross. Is he ranked second on the list of championships, or is he...
I understand that part of it, but it wasn't like Ricky sucked at supercross. Is he ranked second on the list of championships, or is he farther down the list?

If you combined the two series, Ricky is back at the top (I think).
I agree. I think you have to combine the two when you're talking "all time" greatness.

MC was, is and probably will remain the King of Supercross for a long, long time. He had a better SX career than RC, nobody can argue that.

When you combine SX & MX, Ricky just looks better overall.

I think of SX & MX in the way that we score a pair of motos. You have to do well in both motos to win the overall.
jeffro503
9/21/2015 1:35pm
jeffro503 wrote:
I agree 100% ridge!!

ridge wrote:
I was at home...hadn't been there for a while and now I'm leaving again for another couple weeks. At least I'm all healed up so I...
I was at home...hadn't been there for a while and now I'm leaving again for another couple weeks. At least I'm all healed up so I can ride during the wet season! We gotta meet up somewhere!
For sure brother. I was surprised how many people from vital were there. Hell of a time. Few of the guys were saying they wish you could of made it. Bunch of really cool fucking people i met yesterday. Freakin Preston Petty came over and hung with us most of the day too!!
ridge
9/21/2015 6:24pm
jeffro503 wrote:
For sure brother. I was surprised how many people from vital were there. Hell of a time. Few of the guys were saying they wish you...
For sure brother. I was surprised how many people from vital were there. Hell of a time. Few of the guys were saying they wish you could of made it. Bunch of really cool fucking people i met yesterday. Freakin Preston Petty came over and hung with us most of the day too!!
I gotta get up there quick before it starts raining. My buddy (Ben Binkley) got hurt really bad up there and I need to go visit him.

Do you trail ride or is it all moto?
TXDirt
9/21/2015 6:58pm
Having raced RC from 65's all they way to the pro's I can definitely confirm he is the GOAT. No question. SX/MX it does not matter. He has another level others cannot reach. Period.
olds cool
9/21/2015 7:21pm
ridge wrote:
RV was/is a complete badass, but he's no GOAT. Tomac schooled everybody for the first 5 motos this year, but he doesn't even come close, especially...

Desrtracer wrote:
Just for Clarification Ricky Carmichael is the GOAT for his time in racing not for all time. Nobody can clame to be the best of all...
Just for Clarification Ricky Carmichael is the GOAT for his time in racing not for all time. Nobody can clame to be the best of all time if they didnt race all the big stars from their times. When McGrath was racing nobody could touch him, When Carmichael was racing nobdoy could touch him and when Villapoto was racing nobody could touch him. All three of those cats are fast dudes and all of them are the best of all time.
Yeah okay but who's on third?
IceMan446
9/21/2015 7:29pm
Im with Matthes on this, RC isn't the GOAT.

MC has him beat in SX.

Cant be the GOAT if you aren't the best in both disciplines.

Xracerdone
9/21/2015 7:30pm
If RC was so fast as you claim then he would have raced the GOAT, RV.
mx836
9/21/2015 7:33pm
Well said ridge!!! Ricky Carmichael.... the biggest badass to ever walk the face of the earth.
visser62
9/21/2015 7:34pm
I'm not going to sit here and claim that Ricky could beat Roger, Hannah, or RJ in their primes, because I don't know that he could.
9/21/2015 7:38pm
Just so we are clear. If there is a future goat out there they would need more than 72 sx wins, at least one perfect sx seasons too with at least two perfect moto seasons...and more than 150 total wins. Totally doable.
Zracer
9/21/2015 7:44pm
IceMan446 wrote:
Im with Matthes on this, RC isn't the GOAT. MC has him beat in SX. Cant be the GOAT if you aren't the best in both...

MC has him beat in SX.

I dont see MC having RC beat in SX. MC ,in 01 , openly admitted that, even though he thought he was as fast as he ever was, RC pushed the pace way past where MC was comfortable. RC just smoked him ,and MC was never mentally the same. MC had more wins but raced longer,the win percentage is about equal , but heads up RC just owned him after 2000. To the guys wanting to come back with..but MC got old... BS , he was still beating the other riders at the same rate as ever.
ridge
9/21/2015 8:03pm
IceMan446 wrote:
Im with Matthes on this, RC isn't the GOAT. MC has him beat in SX. Cant be the GOAT if you aren't the best in both...

MC has him beat in SX.

Matthes has a personal grievance with RC, so his opinion is slightly skewed...and I don't blame him. I'm pretty sure RC was a dick to him.
Hut
9/21/2015 8:08pm
Yep only one GOAT.

Thanks Berm

Post a reply to: For the newbs: there is only 1 GOAT. Just because you "think" someone is dominant, he's not.

The Latest