For God's Sake get rid of Ralph Sheheen already!

Related:
Create New Tag

10/13/2018 8:19 PM

Obviously it's awesome to have a race in the off season with most of the big guns squaring off. That said, after watching the first Monster Cup race of the night, I'm more puzzled than ever that some people still seem to think Ralph is a decent announcer. I'm going to leave Jeff out of it here, he "sets in second" when it comes to the announcing issue.

Once everyone's through the first turn, there are two main things that need highlighting: PASSES and CRASHES. If there's a pass for the lead or in the front pack, stop what you're saying and bloody announce it! The closest anyone got to noting a major pass while it was happening in that first race was Fro's patented "Uh-Oh!" when Marv passed Savatgy, while Ralph was talking about, as usual, pointless stuff.

Year after year almost everyone seems to hate on the announcing, and nothing changes. I get some of the reasons they keep bringing Ralph back, like trying to bring in fans from all the other events he calls. But at some point, casual fans who are actually watching already are just going to turn it off after hearing too much of Ralph's low-rent Troy McClure act. Hardcore fans will of course always watch and just cringe through it.

At the end of the day I suppose it's not that big of a deal, and to be fair to Ralph the second race was much better than the first. I'm just sick of being stoked to watch an event and then hearing that voice and thinking, damn, now I've got to listen to this frickin guy for the next 3 hours...

|

10/13/2018 8:21 PM

I was really hoping for a new commentating crew this year... No such luck I guess.

|

10/13/2018 8:22 PM

Stfu

|

10/13/2018 8:23 PM

LOL. Hi, I'm Troy McClure, you might remember me from films such as...

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

10/13/2018 8:25 PM

I think its just a personal preference for you guys. Personally I think Ralph is pretty good at what he does.

|

10/13/2018 8:25 PM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

laughing laughing laughing laughing
|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

10/13/2018 8:26 PM

You start a forum to complain and then end it with "I suppose its not that big of a deal, and to be fair..."

Seriously stop

|

It aint nothing but a little bit of this and a little bit of Braaaap!!!

10/13/2018 8:31 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/13/2018 8:32 PM

And it starts..for the love of god please stfu...I am begging you..Just watch the racing!

|

10/13/2018 8:32 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/13/2018 8:35 PM

Good thing it's not a points paying race, otherwise we'd be hearing about "points as they run" starting on lap 2. Ralph is good for some car racing events, but I've never been a fan of his Supercross commentating.

If you wanna get really plastered, drink something every time Ralph says stablemate or wheelhouse.. I recomend light beer otherwise you might black out.

|

10/13/2018 8:34 PM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

Haha! Hi, I'm actor Troy McClure, you kids might remember me from such educational films as Lead Paint: Delicious but Deadly and Here Comes the Metric System!.

|

10/13/2018 8:36 PM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

Ramrod wrote:

Haha! Hi, I'm actor Troy McClure, you kids might remember me from such educational films as Lead Paint: Delicious but Deadly and Here Comes the Metric System!.

Love me some old Simpson's.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

10/13/2018 8:37 PM

I think he’s doing a maximus job in the booth.

|

10/13/2018 8:40 PM

Jeez just deal with it. Theres a million Ralph and Jeff threads already on here. They aren't going anywhere any time soon.

|

10/13/2018 8:49 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/13/2018 9:03 PM

Kawi15 wrote:

I think its just a personal preference for you guys. Personally I think Ralph is pretty good at what he does.

Good point, different strokes for different folks.

And btw, the only reason I'd bring on the wrath of the Vitards by raising this issue yet again is this: I really enjoy watching Supercross, and would enjoy it that much more with a better announcer at the helm.

|

10/13/2018 8:59 PM

I feel the same, the duo are stale. Emig was really shown how bad of an announcer he is when he was paired up with the mxgp commentator for the mxon, who actually commentates. The difference was cringeworthy.

5 minutes into the first moto today and I'm already thinking about watching the sx series on mute or something.

|

10/13/2018 9:25 PM

Anyone else cringe when he said max vohland, maximus, he did it to the maximum

|

10/13/2018 9:36 PM

Some of you are something else. Yeah, I like Ralph but he called the race with emotion tonight. I'm convinced there is no pleasing most of the people here.

He's a pro. And yes, I loved Art and love Weege but Ralph is fine.

|

10/13/2018 9:52 PM

Here's an idea for when you notice something the announcers don't. You can mention that thing to everyone you are watching the race with. This will show everyone how good you are at watching supercross and noticing the important parts of the race. You should appreciate the "bad announcing" because it gives you the opportunity to shine. If you are watching the race by yourself, then just STFU and try not to be too lonely.

|

10/13/2018 10:33 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/13/2018 10:34 PM

We can't afford Paul Page or similar. Well, they could, but wont.

|

My post is my opinion. If you don't agree with it, I'm OK with it.

10/13/2018 10:42 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/13/2018 10:43 PM

Ralph needs to be the announcer for WWE or something, holy crap he sounded dumb at the end of third race. "HE LET HIM BYE, HE LET HIM BBBBYYYYYYYEEEEEEEE!" Dude lay off the adderall you're making the whole sport look dumb. Then people wonder why teams can't get sponsors outside of the industry.

|

10/13/2018 11:37 PM

It really is sad that Ralph has this job, when we have so many former racers that would do a way better job. Bailey, RJ, Hannah, Ping...or basically anyone else in the industry. But Feld calls the shots, and Feld likes Ralph. If you don’t know why, well that’s another thread.

|

10/13/2018 11:43 PM

I still miss Erin Bates

|

10/14/2018 12:12 AM

Ralph and Jeff framing the end of the third race as "awesome" over and over again while the crowd booed the shit out of it was a little suspect. Otherwise it's business as usual.

|

Are you smart enough to buy a bike that costs less, weighs less, makes more horsepower per cubic centimeter, can be rebuilt for recycled aluminum can money and is giggle inducing? It is hard to believe that the American riding public flunks this test en masse. How stupid are you?

10/14/2018 12:14 AM

FlaNard wrote:

Ralph and Jeff framing the end of the third race as "awesome" over and over again while the crowd booed the shit out of it was a little suspect. Otherwise it's business as usual.

Acting like it didn't happen 2 years ago

|

10/14/2018 12:14 AM

theinternetkid wrote:

Here's an idea for when you notice something the announcers don't. You can mention that thing to everyone you are watching the race with. This will show everyone how good you are at watching supercross and noticing the important parts of the race. You should appreciate the "bad announcing" because it gives you the opportunity to shine. If you are watching the race by yourself, then just STFU and try not to be too lonely.

Or press MUTE. And make your own sounds. That’s the best way to avoid Ralph. He’s tenured. Can’t fire him.

|

GP740
Since 1987

10/14/2018 12:18 AM

Ralph needs to go. Jeff needs to go. They add ZERO to the show. The script is so dumbed down and predictable. I get the whole "lob one to the other guy" ploy, but man, it's the commentating version of "let Broc/Ryan/Eli by". Any decent fan can tell how cheeseball it is. And when they get off script, it's horrific. The orange Kawasaki looked good, btw.

|

10/14/2018 12:41 AM

You all are Morans

|

10/14/2018 12:41 AM

I like Ralph and think he does a good job. cool

|

Ed Johnson

10/14/2018 1:31 AM

About time this thread showed up again.
I think Ralph is doing his part, if he made 30 less mistakes a show it would be better.
Jeff offers no insight, need someone like Jason Thomas i think

|

10/14/2018 6:48 AM

Unfortunately the melodramatic commentary provided by Ralph comes across as disingenuous and contrived.
He basically just mails it in every week.

|