Food poisoning

T-Fish
Fantasy
173rd
How are so many riders allegedly getting cases of food poisoning? I’m 43, drive truck for a living so I’m always eating out, and I’ve never once gotten food poisoning. To my knowledge, nobody I personally know has ever gotten it. I never hear about other professional athletes getting it either.

Is food poisoning just an easy excuse, or is this legit?
|
Deja New
1/9/2020 5:05am
It’s legit I had it once after eating at a truck stop didn’t know what end to put over the toilet bowl....
T-Fish
Fantasy
173rd
1/9/2020 5:08am
Do professional athletes that have pretty strict diets have weaker immune systems maybe? Or maybe makes them a little more susceptible to it? Maybe I’m under the false impression they’re really cautious with what they eat.
EngIceDave
1/10/2020 6:36am
I travel a lot and have made my own rules for travel and eating...

I only eat at established chain restaurants (No Mom & Pop's when away from my home toilet)
Avoid fish/seafood on the road
Fried chicken is OK, but inspect it. Be wary of baked chicken

When getting on a plane, use clorox disinfectant wipes on everything at your seat....people do nasty shit on planes, just follow Passenger Shaming on Insta

Traveling constantly takes a toll on the body and immune system gets worn down.
While I respect truckers, to a certain extent, you're in your "home" and many of the places you eat are known or recommended.....empty truck stop restaurants is a bad sign

The Shop

CG118
1/10/2020 7:26am
Deja New wrote:
It’s legit I had it once after eating at a truck stop didn’t know what end to put over the toilet bowl....
Holy moly that's a funny way to put it.
Deja New
1/10/2020 9:11pm
Deja New wrote:
CG118 wrote:
Holy moly that's a funny way to put it.
Maaaaate it was horrific when hugging the bowl I thought I would poop myself and when pooping thought I’d hurl all over my pulled down draws.... I was switching ends so fast it must have looked like I was playing twister with the bowl.....
Spin Ass on bowl and brace.....
yz133rider
1/10/2020 9:26pm
I had a really bad case that lasted for several days from chic fil a. Lasted Long enough to get worried about having to go to the hospital. I was on the toilet like every few minutes day and night. Might as well have just stayed there.
1/11/2020 9:43am
Yeah.... but do pros just eat "wherever"? I mean, I'm not even a pro but I've been on keto for 3 years, and I've got some pretty hard and fast rules for travel food. I'd think if I were pro, it'd be even more so.

The flying, though... surviving THAT is amazing.
honda907
1/11/2020 10:08am
T-Fish wrote:
Do professional athletes that have pretty strict diets have weaker immune systems maybe? Or maybe makes them a little more susceptible to it? Maybe I’m under...
Do professional athletes that have pretty strict diets have weaker immune systems maybe? Or maybe makes them a little more susceptible to it? Maybe I’m under the false impression they’re really cautious with what they eat.
If they eat really clean and no soda and what not, they can feel sick if they eat a big mac meal. Lots of stuff their bodies wouldnt see if they ate clean for 6 months.

If you ate whale blubber and seals ( like eskimos did for 8 months) like an eskimo, or ants and grubs like an aborigine. you would feel like you got food poisoning.

It's just different food your not used too.
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2339th
1/12/2020 9:39am
Yeah I’ve got it a few times when traveling. I think these athletes eat so clean that something very minor can upset them.
jasonward73
1/12/2020 1:07pm
Been traveling since 2000 steadily for work. No real rules for where and what I eat. I tend to go to highly rated places on Tripadvisor just to be sure I get the "best" out there and make it a point to steer away from chain restaurants unless I am making a fast food stop due to time constraints. I go with Chik Fil A quite a bit as well. Diner Drive in and Dives places make my list as well.

Never had food poisoning.

Post a reply to: Food poisoning

The Latest