Food Poisoning?

c0ncEpT
1/6/2020 12:01pm
Gus wrote:
My wife had it once. It happens. I’m saying that I think everything that pukes and poops isn’t food poisoning, but everything that pukes and poops...
My wife had it once. It happens. I’m saying that I think everything that pukes and poops isn’t food poisoning, but everything that pukes and poops is called food poisoning.
100% agree. I believe actual food poising is pretty uncommon. People just call anything that upsets there stomach food poisoning
downard254
1/6/2020 12:23pm
Not sure if food poisoning and salmonella are the same thing. If not, then I've never had food poisoning. Salmonella on the other had is very real. My grandmother, rest her awesome soul, years ago had a chicken dinner and I had the largest breast. It was pink inside but I thought nothing of is. The next day, I began to feel ill, started with sweats, then to chills and back and forth most of the night. By morning my temp was just under 104 degrees. A cold bath and a trip to the doctor got me on some antibiotics and a few days later I was better. I'll tell you there was no way I was riding a motorcycle though. Salmonella is some serious shit.
resetjet
1/6/2020 1:59pm
Who knows if it was food poisoning. Travel alot by plane, especially on an 18 hour flight from AUS and you will get all kinds of stuff. Cruises are much worse. I dont know why i keep going.
Question
1/6/2020 2:34pm
That is the reason i never go to a restaurant. I got more sick eating outside a few times than a million times at home, except mc donalds or burger king ; although i know there are also some bad videos with them i have never been sick going there and in multiple countries.

The Shop

WW444
1/6/2020 3:09pm
I experienced what I believe to be food poisoning a few year ago. We all ate Olive Garden for fathers day and I guess I got it from the chicken. Started throwing up and shitting at 8pm that night and by 4 am I couldn't take it anymore and had my dad take me to the ER. They got me on some fluids and I slept for a solid 24 hours after. They couldn't determine what is was but it was also a sketchy little hospital in Pulaski Tennessee...
volcati
1/6/2020 3:17pm
Flu or Food Poisoning is an euphemism for "detox took longer than expected."
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
1/6/2020 3:18pm
Zeke27G wrote:
Leigh mentioned during the broadcast that Jett Lawrence was recovering from food poisoning. Okay, what's the story here? And I'm sorry, as I'm sure this has...
Leigh mentioned during the broadcast that Jett Lawrence was recovering from food poisoning. Okay, what's the story here? And I'm sorry, as I'm sure this has been covered plenty of times here before, but the last time I got food poisoning was 10 years ago in Peru when I made the poor choice of eating some corn coated in unpasteurized cheese!! My diet is decent, but it's a far cry from what these pro athletes are consuming, so how is it these guys are constantly coming down with food poisoning? Is it code for something else, or are these guys just as susceptible to greasy street vendor grub, as the rest of us?

At most races I think food poisoning is code for bad Chipotle. I've been a victim of that before.

In Vegas, "food poisoning" might mean too much late night at the Hard Rock.
Gus
1/6/2020 3:34pm
wisey wrote:
I got food poisoning New Years Eve from the Jack we were drinking
🤣🤣 yep... you know how many times I told my parents I had food poisoning in high school?
plowboy
1/6/2020 3:49pm
Zeke27G wrote:
Leigh mentioned during the broadcast that Jett Lawrence was recovering from food poisoning. Okay, what's the story here? And I'm sorry, as I'm sure this has...
Leigh mentioned during the broadcast that Jett Lawrence was recovering from food poisoning. Okay, what's the story here? And I'm sorry, as I'm sure this has been covered plenty of times here before, but the last time I got food poisoning was 10 years ago in Peru when I made the poor choice of eating some corn coated in unpasteurized cheese!! My diet is decent, but it's a far cry from what these pro athletes are consuming, so how is it these guys are constantly coming down with food poisoning? Is it code for something else, or are these guys just as susceptible to greasy street vendor grub, as the rest of us?

GuyB wrote:
At most races I think food poisoning is code for bad Chipotle. I've been a victim of that before. In Vegas, "food poisoning" might mean too...
At most races I think food poisoning is code for bad Chipotle. I've been a victim of that before.

Gibby, you travel as much as the riders. Do you stick to the chains or try the local flavor? Do you think it matters?
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
1/6/2020 4:30pm
plowboy wrote:
Gibby, you travel as much as the riders. Do you stick to the chains or try the local flavor? Do you think it matters?
Depends on what it is, and where we are. I can't say I'm always seeking out the hardcore athlete diet. Wink

For example, next week in St. Louis, I can guarantee I'll eat at least one night at Pappy's Smokehouse, which is a great BBQ place there.

I do stick to chains a bit (and get my share of Chipotle), but I am not against trying local places. When I do, I usually try to check on Yelp to get some local knowledge and avoid potential pitfalls.
StellARrr
1/6/2020 5:09pm
downard254 wrote:
Not sure if food poisoning and salmonella are the same thing. If not, then I've never had food poisoning. Salmonella on the other had is very...
Not sure if food poisoning and salmonella are the same thing. If not, then I've never had food poisoning. Salmonella on the other had is very real. My grandmother, rest her awesome soul, years ago had a chicken dinner and I had the largest breast. It was pink inside but I thought nothing of is. The next day, I began to feel ill, started with sweats, then to chills and back and forth most of the night. By morning my temp was just under 104 degrees. A cold bath and a trip to the doctor got me on some antibiotics and a few days later I was better. I'll tell you there was no way I was riding a motorcycle though. Salmonella is some serious shit.
Salmonella is one of the microbes responsible for food poisoning. Probably one of the more common ones actually.
greenmx5
1/6/2020 5:36pm
I think the reason these guys and cyclists are susceptible to food poisoning is with the training regimens and extreme endurance training, it breaks down the whole body weakening the immune system and making you more prone to any kind of illness (not specifically food poisoning, but any kind of 'bug')
toroP
1/6/2020 5:40pm
disbanded wrote:
He probably just accidentally ate some fecal matter like we have all done at one time or another...
You turd nibbler.
usp4u
1/6/2020 6:06pm
Usually self-imposed fecal matter ingestion.

Yall need to wash your hands once in a while.
Bruce372
1/6/2020 6:26pm
On a road trip ate the hotel breakfast, 8 hours later at the next hotel i was so violently I'll I vomited blood. It was so embarrassing we had to get the cleaning crew in
Then I went to the hospital.
Bruce372
1/6/2020 6:27pm
greenmx5 wrote:
I think the reason these guys and cyclists are susceptible to food poisoning is with the training regimens and extreme endurance training, it breaks down the...
I think the reason these guys and cyclists are susceptible to food poisoning is with the training regimens and extreme endurance training, it breaks down the whole body weakening the immune system and making you more prone to any kind of illness (not specifically food poisoning, but any kind of 'bug')
Bingo.

Also, dirt is full of bacteria and on a dirt bike race you kinda get exposed to dirt lol
a22
1/6/2020 8:29pm
I had it when I was about 18 years old- cooked (fried) some beansprouts, chinese type food. Think they were abit old but figured they were probably okay (famous last words)... kind of got really intense fever type symptoms and felt all faint- within like 1 hour of eating them. Think I threw up badly shortly after- was really heavy and intense but once I chucked up started to recover. Experience only lasted like 1-2 hours max. I reckon it depends on what you eat - somethings may be days of recovery but in the case of the beanshoots for me was just a couple of hours.

Not something I would care to repeat though really but reckon I got off lightly. Couldn't imagine riding feeling like that but maybe it varies from person to person and what you are poisoned with.
Rhody
1/6/2020 8:49pm
I have traveled for work pretty much non stop since college. No food poisoning. I have trained pretty hard at times ( 3 nights of hockey and 5 mile runs and gym on non hockey nights- except bar hopping Saturdays) no food poisoning. Saw a lot of food poisoning in my co workers. Oddly enough, on Sundays, oddly, after bar hopping Saturdays
TbonesPop
Fantasy
405th
1/6/2020 9:00pm
S.O.S. wrote:
You can get it anywhere. Two of the FLY employees also got food poisoning and believe it came from one of the restaurants next to their...
You can get it anywhere. Two of the FLY employees also got food poisoning and believe it came from one of the restaurants next to their hotel in Anaheim.
Ya, I'm not buying it. I've traveled all over the world and eaten some pretty crazy shit. I eat poke'/sushi and raw fish (and I don't live on either coast) at least 3-4 times a month. I've only had food poisoning once in my life and that was in the middle of bum-fuck China after eating not fully cooked sausage. I've had airport sushi, hell I've even had convenience store sushi and I didn't get food poisoning. Maybe I have a strong gut, maybe I don't eat a clean enough diet and have certain strains of bacteria in my gut that don't allow some of the weaker ones to get me sick. But as I said, I've only had food poisoning once in my 49 years of living.

One trick I did learn from that experience was anytime I had to eat something highly questionable (being a good American tourist working in a remote foreign country) is to take 2 shots of either whiskey or scotch after eating dinner. That always killed off any bad stuff.

Back on topic, I don't believe these kids are getting food poisoning. We have 2 teenagers in our house who also love raw fish and their red meat is damn near wiggling when it is served. Neither of them have ever had food poisoning either.

We don't go to Chipotle thoughEvil
TbonesPop
Fantasy
405th
1/6/2020 9:06pm
Bruce372 wrote:
On a road trip ate the hotel breakfast, 8 hours later at the next hotel i was so violently I'll I vomited blood. It was so...
On a road trip ate the hotel breakfast, 8 hours later at the next hotel i was so violently I'll I vomited blood. It was so embarrassing we had to get the cleaning crew in
$10 says you have gall stones in your gall bladder and what you got wasn't food poisoning, it was a gall stone attack. It's the exact identical symptoms to food poisoning. Greasy, fatty, oily foods (i.e. hotel breakfast foods) will trigger it depending on how bad your gall stones are. Terrible stomach cramps, full body aches for days, diarrhea, puking, etc. Exactly the same symptoms. Might want to get checked out.
aees
1/6/2020 9:09pm
S.O.S. wrote:
You can get it anywhere. Two of the FLY employees also got food poisoning and believe it came from one of the restaurants next to their...
You can get it anywhere. Two of the FLY employees also got food poisoning and believe it came from one of the restaurants next to their hotel in Anaheim.
TbonesPop wrote:
Ya, I'm not buying it. I've traveled all over the world and eaten some pretty crazy shit. I eat poke'/sushi and raw fish (and I don't...
Ya, I'm not buying it. I've traveled all over the world and eaten some pretty crazy shit. I eat poke'/sushi and raw fish (and I don't live on either coast) at least 3-4 times a month. I've only had food poisoning once in my life and that was in the middle of bum-fuck China after eating not fully cooked sausage. I've had airport sushi, hell I've even had convenience store sushi and I didn't get food poisoning. Maybe I have a strong gut, maybe I don't eat a clean enough diet and have certain strains of bacteria in my gut that don't allow some of the weaker ones to get me sick. But as I said, I've only had food poisoning once in my 49 years of living.

One trick I did learn from that experience was anytime I had to eat something highly questionable (being a good American tourist working in a remote foreign country) is to take 2 shots of either whiskey or scotch after eating dinner. That always killed off any bad stuff.

Back on topic, I don't believe these kids are getting food poisoning. We have 2 teenagers in our house who also love raw fish and their red meat is damn near wiggling when it is served. Neither of them have ever had food poisoning either.

We don't go to Chipotle thoughEvil
Yes there is a big conspiracy in the MX industry covering up something else by calling it food poisoning. Just stop it.

It happens every day, either food poisoning or just in these times winter womiting disease (Calicivirus). When it spreads at day care centers or similar it is fucking nasty. If this would have been the later he would have been out for a week.
1/6/2020 9:21pm
mb60 wrote:
Had it twice. Once from IHOP and once from Mc Donald's. Takes about 48 hours to flush through the body.
Motox627! wrote:
Which is the reason i still to this day cant eat McDonalds! lol Put my ass in the emergency room on x-mas eve about 15 years...
Which is the reason i still to this day cant eat McDonalds! lol Put my ass in the emergency room on x-mas eve about 15 years ago and i haven't touched it since!

I know, i know, it can happen anywhere - but that shit scarred me for life! SickSickSick
Got food poisioning 20 years ago from wendys. Never been back. We cook 98% of our meals at home. Always worried about what we eat. Next week we fly to vietnam for 3 weeks. Kinda freaked out.
Bruce372
1/6/2020 10:01pm
Bruce372 wrote:
On a road trip ate the hotel breakfast, 8 hours later at the next hotel i was so violently I'll I vomited blood. It was so...
TbonesPop wrote:
$10 says you have gall stones in your gall bladder and what you got wasn't food poisoning, it was a gall stone attack. It's the exact...
$10 says you have gall stones in your gall bladder and what you got wasn't food poisoning, it was a gall stone attack. It's the exact identical symptoms to food poisoning. Greasy, fatty, oily foods (i.e. hotel breakfast foods) will trigger it depending on how bad your gall stones are. Terrible stomach cramps, full body aches for days, diarrhea, puking, etc. Exactly the same symptoms. Might want to get checked out.
2 years ago and I've been fine since. Followed up with the doc and he told me it's possible to burst a blood vessel when puking hard.

It was rough. Pukingx shits, fever and chills. So intense o was on dripnfor 6 hours .

Scary thing was, I was in the ER waiting room and a young girl came in with her grandparents.... they put her in a wheel chair and all of a sudden she went full exorcist.... must have been something going around and I lost my place in the line
zuk338
1/6/2020 10:26pm
GuyB wrote:
At most races I think food poisoning is code for bad Chipotle. I've been a victim of that before. In Vegas, "food poisoning" might mean too...

Bad chipotle hits home for me.... I never believed the “food poisoning” thing for most of my adult life, but I can confirm it was the worst 24 hour stint of my life that included vomiting out both ends simultaneously for what felt like hours. 12/10 do not recommend.

I still eat Chipotle, life’s too short not to live it
SweetDaddy
1/7/2020 6:07am
I love the new Popeyes spicy chicken sandwich but I am not impressed with the restaurants - may be getting food poisoning soon
MX Dad #27
Fantasy
307th
1/7/2020 6:50am
Zeke27G wrote:

Amen Brother! I am SICK of the SICK talk! Tell everyone you are sick or don't feel well, if you do crappy, it's because you are sick, do better than expected you are a moto God! As a Foodservice professional for over 40 years, people say they ate something and got sick, It doesn't work like that! There is an incubation period for all food borne illness, sometimes 24-48 hours, sometimes weeks! The only one that is instant is CHEMICAL (chemicals or poisons). Look back at a LOT of interviews riders talking about food poisoning and sickness, no more excuses ride the damn bike!
lumpy790
1/7/2020 4:48pm
Gotten food poisoning 2 times. Both from spaghetti eating out
SweetDaddy
1/8/2020 5:18am
Zeke27G wrote:

MX Dad #27 wrote:
Amen Brother! I am SICK of the SICK talk! Tell everyone you are sick or don't feel well, if you do crappy, it's because you are...
Amen Brother! I am SICK of the SICK talk! Tell everyone you are sick or don't feel well, if you do crappy, it's because you are sick, do better than expected you are a moto God! As a Foodservice professional for over 40 years, people say they ate something and got sick, It doesn't work like that! There is an incubation period for all food borne illness, sometimes 24-48 hours, sometimes weeks! The only one that is instant is CHEMICAL (chemicals or poisons). Look back at a LOT of interviews riders talking about food poisoning and sickness, no more excuses ride the damn bike!
Drove my parents from FL to NC for a funeral. Stopped for gas and food from Subway. Mom had a tuna sub and began vomiting within an hour and lasted the whole trip. She was too ill to attend the funeral.
1/8/2020 8:58am Edited Date/Time 1/8/2020 11:50am
Years and years ago a mag did an interview with Kenny Zahrt on racing the nationals on the cheap. He said he ate at McDonalds, not good, not bad, but consistent. Man times have changed. What pro would do that now. As I eat at Panera and the platter under my bowl looks unwashed.

Post a reply to: Food Poisoning?

The Latest