Fly racing gear?

Related:
Create New Tag

6/5/2020 8:45 AM

So my question is, what is the order of quality on Fly's stuff? I keep hearing good things, so I'm think I'm gonna get a pair, but want to know which is which.
Like with Fox, the higher end stuff is the flexair, 360, etc. While the lower end is the 180 stuff.
I want to try out fly, but I want to give it a real shot. Gear companies top of the line stuff tends to be an example of all the others.
Let me know, and thanks for the replies!

|

6/5/2020 8:50 AM

i have a set of their lower end gear from 6-7 years ago (when i still rode) and i think the quality is on par with the other stuff, good bang for your buck.

cant speak on the newer stuff but id imagine its the same

|

6/5/2020 9:05 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/5/2020 9:05 AM

F-16 is the entry level stuff. Kinetic is mid level and the EVO is high end gear with BOA. The lite hydrogen is the tighter fighting very flexible and light gear kinda like the flex air or Thor prime fit. I am wearing only the 2019 and 2020 Lite hydrogen and its amazing. Lite hydrogen also has the boa reel.

|

Go Hawks!

6/5/2020 1:10 PM

I've got a set of Lite Hydrogen and it seems good so far. I mostly wear O'Neal and that stuff is pretty tough to beat, but I like the Fly set I've got.

|

6/5/2020 2:30 PM

We have tried about all of it and the Fly is as good or better than anything else out there... They are really putting forth the effort to support the sport, so I say support them!!

|

2020 YZ450F
2018 KTM 450SXF FE
2016 YZ250F 2008 CRF450R
2015 YZ250F 2008 CRF250R
2001 CR250R
2010 YZ250 2012 CRF150R
2009 YZ125 2010 KX109.5
SSR Motorsports Dealer
TAGMX Suspension & Graphics! www.tagmxsuspension.com https://www.liquidskinzdesign.com/

6/5/2020 2:45 PM

You could consider me a huge fan of this entire concept.

|

6/5/2020 3:17 PM

Fly gear: best gear out there bro

|

6/5/2020 3:21 PM

I'm running the Hydrogen Lite and it's very nice

|

If talk is cheap, silence must be expensive because nobody can afford it!

6/5/2020 3:58 PM

Just saw the new Fly gear today. Interesting changes in the top stuff this year.

|

RIDEMPS.COM

[LINK TO IMAGE]

6/5/2020 4:12 PM

Good replies, thanks for the answers and opinions from people who have actually used the stuff.
I think I'll be trying out a set of the evo, and lite hydrogen. See how I like it.

|

6/5/2020 4:16 PM

Any new versions/colorways coming out soon?

|

6/5/2020 6:22 PM

August the new stuff will be dropped. Lite Hydrogen is by far the best all around bang for your buck.

|

6/5/2020 7:13 PM

CR92 wrote:

Any new versions/colorways coming out soon?

If colour choice doesn't bother you TOO much you can pick up a set cheap right before the new colourways drop and if you can find your size, I got last years red/white for half of the RRP on eBay a week or two before the current colours dropped.

|

If talk is cheap, silence must be expensive because nobody can afford it!

6/6/2020 4:22 AM

The order as I see it
Evo & Lite (both super premium, just different takes)
Kinetic/kinetic mesh
F16

Best bang for buck is kinetic IMO, mega durable, looks good and affordable. The kinetic mesh is clutch for hot weather riding. The Lite line is my favorite, I really like the BOA closure system, and its relatively cool on hot days.

|

6/6/2020 4:27 AM

Did you see the stuff bloss was wearing on Wednesdays supercross race? That stuff looked amazing. It was a darker green with a black top. I’ve got to have it

|

6/6/2020 7:04 AM

I've worn their Kinetic gear for 6 years, it's always been great quality and super durable. This year I got a set of Lite Hydrogen and I fell in love, that's all I want to wear now.

|

6/6/2020 8:10 AM

Jt$ wrote:

You could consider me a huge fan of this entire concept.

You guys figured things out with the EVO DST gear! First set of fly gear I’ve ever worn and I’m hooked. Stuff is super durable and comfortable!

|

6/6/2020 8:30 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/6/2020 8:30 AM

JohnnyD13 wrote:

Did you see the stuff bloss was wearing on Wednesdays supercross race? That stuff looked amazing. It was a darker green with a black top. I’ve got to have it

yeah what gear was that? noticed his gear looked dope!

|

6/6/2020 8:40 AM

Like some people involved with the company, love the support for the sport, support for Pulp, etc. Have never seen a single design I’d wear, and I look every release. The branding is always so ugly.

|

6/6/2020 9:28 AM

I have not seen a set of fly gear I would wear. Not for me, more of an Astars/TLD guy myself. Although I think the quality is on par with the other brands. I think all of the high end gear for the most part is similar from a material quality standpoint.

I think where gear companies set themselves apart is on fitment, leather patches inside the knees, and design obliviously. Major emphasis on the first two!

|

6/6/2020 11:30 AM

navalseabee wrote:

The order as I see it
Kinetic/kinetic mesh
F16

Best bang for buck is kinetic IMO, mega durable, looks good and affordable. The kinetic mesh is clutch for hot weather riding. The Lite line is my favorite, I really like the BOA closure system, and its relatively cool on hot days.

How do you feel the lite compares to the mesh in hot weather?
Gotta say I use to think fly was some of the most hideous gear on the market. Now days they have completely turned that around. Gear looks great.
Even with that, fly wasn't even on my radar till Matthes and Keefer. In my opinion, you can usually tell when someone is being sincere, or if they're just being paid to say & use something. I could be completely wrong, but it seems to me like they both sincerely like the stuff. That carries weight with me.

|

6/6/2020 1:39 PM

I think I the fly gear looks cool...been debating bout getting a cool fly tshirt but there is none on their site..only polo stuff..

|

scte3.0 pro-line trinity tekin

6/6/2020 1:52 PM

I have 2 sets of hydrogen lite and love them. I was a Shift guy before.

|

6/6/2020 3:18 PM

I have worn the kinetic, kinetic mesh, Lite Hydrogen, and Evo lines of fly gear. My personal favorite is the kinetic, or the kinetic mesh in the summer. The fit, durability, and quality are unmatched at that price point. All of the fly gear looks great year in and year out as well.

|

6/6/2020 5:57 PM

How much more mesh-ey is the Kinetic mesh vs the regular Kinetic line?

|

6/6/2020 7:19 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/6/2020 7:20 PM

abomination wrote:

Like some people involved with the company, love the support for the sport, support for Pulp, etc. Have never seen a single design I’d wear, and I look every release. The branding is always so ugly.

And to speak to the power of advertising on Pulp: my dad just now gave me a girt certificate to a dealership. How he chose which one? He asked if they were a Fly dealer, because he apparently thinks I need an F2 carbon. First dealer wasn't, so he went to another that was.

|

6/7/2020 1:41 AM

UGOTBIT wrote:

I have exclusively worn Fly stuff for a few years now. The Lite Hydrogen is definitely my favorite, fit wise, and it can be worn in 90-100 degree heat of Florida with no issue. The difference between the Kinetic and Kinetic Mesh is very noticeable, though. If you hold the Mesh jersey up you can see right through it, and the pants allow you to actually feel airflow through them, and they are more durable than the Lite Hydro. The regular Kinetic stuff is good but in comparison to the Mesh or Lite Hydro, I’d never wear it unless it’s below 70 degrees (which is usually about 4-5 days a year in Floridalaughing ) All of their stuff is really good quality, though

|

6/7/2020 4:41 AM

UGOTBIT wrote:

The mesh jersey is see through. I underestimated it when I got my first set to try out and had to get the non vented stuff for earlier in the year. grin

|

6/7/2020 5:53 AM

navalseabee wrote:

The order as I see it
Kinetic/kinetic mesh
F16

CR92 wrote:

How do you feel the lite compares to the mesh in hot weather?
Gotta say I use to think fly was some of the most hideous gear on the market. Now days they have completely turned that around. Gear looks great.
Even with that, fly wasn't even on my radar till Matthes and Keefer. In my opinion, you can usually tell when someone is being sincere, or if they're just being paid to say & use something. I could be completely wrong, but it seems to me like they both sincerely like the stuff. That carries weight with me.

Just two different takes really. The high tech fabric on the Lite reminds me of cycling kit, pulls the sweat up and off of you cooling you that way where as the mesh is straight up just airflow. Riding I dont notice much difference, but sitting in the pits the Lite is warmer than the mesh.

|

6/7/2020 5:55 AM

UGOTBIT wrote:

Extremely they're completely different materials it seems like. The Jersey is see through and the pants are heavily vented with "meshy" material all over them.

|