Fly Gear

tprice07
Edited Date/Time 1/22/2016 7:25am
On SupercrossLive there was a shot of Dungey and Brayton sitting next to each other. I have to say Fly gear is looking just as good if not better than Fox. Up until this point Fly just was not good looking gear to me. I put it in the same category as Moose or something like that...

Look at how many privateers are in Fly gear...they are doing great stuff for the sport. I know what gear I am buying next!

Great job guys!
|
bigmaico
4/18/2015 2:18pm
I have a set of Fly gear & it's good stuff, the only difference I really notice is that the Fly tends to run bigger than the Fox gear that I have, Both size 38.

I tend to like the Fox graphics a little better than the Fly, but that's a personal thing.

But the new Fly 5 pivot knee guards are the bomb!
gazzar70
4/18/2015 4:55pm
tprice07 wrote:
On SupercrossLive there was a shot of Dungey and Brayton sitting next to each other. I have to say Fly gear is looking just as good...
On SupercrossLive there was a shot of Dungey and Brayton sitting next to each other. I have to say Fly gear is looking just as good if not better than Fox. Up until this point Fly just was not good looking gear to me. I put it in the same category as Moose or something like that...

Look at how many privateers are in Fly gear...they are doing great stuff for the sport. I know what gear I am buying next!

Great job guys!
Yes I agree. Fly gear is the equivalant of Moose, Ocelot or that stuff you see on eBay when you search for motocross gear and sort by cheapest price first. You know the stuff. I think a rider looks more credible in jeans and a flannelette shirt. Try Fox, Shift, Thor or Seven gear first.

Your Welcome.
tiddlermx23
4/18/2015 6:03pm
There is nothing wrong with Fly. I had about 6 free sets of last years gear and it held up as good as my free TLD gear this year or Shift or Thor gear does. In fact my TLD already has a hole in the pants and it's alot newer than my Fly gear. Don't get me started on MSR though..

You're Welcome...Derp

The Shop

tprice07
4/18/2015 6:05pm
tprice07 wrote:
On SupercrossLive there was a shot of Dungey and Brayton sitting next to each other. I have to say Fly gear is looking just as good...

Great job guys!
gazzar70 wrote:
Yes I agree. Fly gear is the equivalant of Moose, Ocelot or that stuff you see on eBay when you search for motocross gear and sort...
Yes I agree. Fly gear is the equivalant of Moose, Ocelot or that stuff you see on eBay when you search for motocross gear and sort by cheapest price first. You know the stuff. I think a rider looks more credible in jeans and a flannelette shirt. Try Fox, Shift, Thor or Seven gear first.

Your Welcome.
I had Thor before and it wore out from my knee braces, I love Seven gear but $305 can be better spent for me. Fox is pretty pricy but Fly has really built up. And the simple fact that they help so many riders makes me want to wear their stuff and support them so they can keep upping their quality and privateer backing.

Man I wish I could design some gear with these guys! JT$ message me if you have any openings. I have my bachelors degree in graphic design from Iowa State University. I have been doing web and graphic design for about 5 years. www.tylerprice.co

Best fly gear ever:

Lane-O103
4/18/2015 8:30pm
The pants and jerseys and gloves have come along way I had a set from 2012 (just upgraded to ALiAS) and it holds up well and the sizing is great feels like your wearing casual clothes while riding, Canard,Short,Albee and others wouldn't wear it and endorse it if they hated it. Higher price doesn't always mean it's better, even though I enjoy the seven gear designs to me it's just $300 TLD. Fly is some of the best stuff out there that had low end price tag and "high end" price tag. I've loved my set and the designs get better every season thinking about getting some more soon.
HenryJ77
4/18/2015 8:34pm
It's good stuff. Price is good too.
Crossup
4/18/2015 8:39pm
Just got the Fly Lite Hydrogen gear. It is the most comfortable gear that I have owned.
Jt$
4/18/2015 11:06pm
gazzar70 wrote:
Yes I agree. Fly gear is the equivalant of Moose, Ocelot or that stuff you see on eBay when you search for motocross gear and sort...

Your Welcome.
You're entitled to your opinion but you know what they say about opinions. I would sincerely invite you to try some current Fly stuff and give me your honest opinion afterwards. I bet it works better than jeans and a flannel.

Oh and thanks.
gazzar70
4/19/2015 3:28am
Sorry JT. I didn't think you would be reading posts about FLY gear here on Vital. Who would of thought. Right?
tprice07
4/19/2015 6:35am
gazzar70 wrote:
Sorry JT. I didn't think you would be reading posts about FLY gear here on Vital. Who would of thought. Right?
So is that why you knocked the brand? To get a reply like every other 5 year old kid who bashes riders on their social media pages?
nytsmaC
4/19/2015 7:26am
Fly is well made comfortable gear, up there at the top with TLD. AXO is my new favorite, the newer stuff is as good as it gets.
I've bought Fox, Shift, Answer, O'Neal, Moose in the recent past and they were all seriously lacking in comparison.
jmc2
Fantasy
1679th
4/19/2015 9:19am Edited Date/Time 4/19/2015 9:21am
I like Fly gear and have two sets. Just my opinion, but the Fly stuff holds up well. The reason I bought Fly gear is that they seem to help out the privateer a bit more.
Zesiger 112
Fantasy
2020th
4/19/2015 11:46am Edited Date/Time 4/19/2015 8:58pm
I've riddin in fly for years. Their gear is top of the line no questions about it, and it's really cheap. All of the dealers around me carry it because of those to reasons. I've switched from fly to one industries so I could have matching gear for the first time ever. The only downside I've found to fly is the sleeves are really big and loose fitting, compared to the one industries stuff I have now which is tighter fitting in the arms and shoulders. But that also could be different from one model of fly gear to the next.

Check out the difference in how low the sleeves hang ^^^^

Jt$
4/19/2015 2:42pm
I've riddin in fly for years. Their gear is top of the line no questions about it, and it's really cheap. All of the dealers around...
I've riddin in fly for years. Their gear is top of the line no questions about it, and it's really cheap. All of the dealers around me carry it because of those to reasons. I've switched from fly to one industries so I could have matching gear for the first time ever. The only downside I've found to fly is the sleeves are really big and loose fitting, compared to the one industries stuff I have now which is tighter fitting in the arms and shoulders. But that also could be different from one model of fly gear to the next.

Fair point and this has been addressed in our current gear lines. The gear pictured is from 2012.
rohleder644
4/19/2015 3:53pm
I run the fly vented stuff. I ride in the woods in some nasty rocky tight stuff and no vented gear holds up. Fly does better than most. I love the super lightweight feel of the stuff.

My biggest rub with fly is everybody and their brother is in the stuff. But, that's got everything to do with how much they give back to the racers. From local series contingencies, to sponsorships, to helping out so many privateers. And it seems to be pretty "across the board" from mx/sx to all the off road stuff. So, if supporting a company that does so much means blending in with the masses, count me in.
wagonmaster
4/19/2015 5:58pm
I would have to say Shorty's gear looked pretty dam good last nite......
tprice07
4/19/2015 6:03pm
I run the fly vented stuff. I ride in the woods in some nasty rocky tight stuff and no vented gear holds up. Fly does better...
I run the fly vented stuff. I ride in the woods in some nasty rocky tight stuff and no vented gear holds up. Fly does better than most. I love the super lightweight feel of the stuff.

My biggest rub with fly is everybody and their brother is in the stuff. But, that's got everything to do with how much they give back to the racers. From local series contingencies, to sponsorships, to helping out so many privateers. And it seems to be pretty "across the board" from mx/sx to all the off road stuff. So, if supporting a company that does so much means blending in with the masses, count me in.
I think now that they really seem to be on par with TLD and Fox we may see some more variation in designs. I'm just really digging the cleanliness. Brayton and Short really stood out at St Louis supercross. Their numbers/name even looked sharper than 95% of the other riders.
BobPA
4/19/2015 6:29pm
If you are ripping on fly gear, you have never owned owned any of their product. Top notch and the price is on point, I hopped on their bandwagon about a year ago, and I gotta say I'm a customer for life.
Racerx930
4/19/2015 7:07pm
For the life of me I can't figure out why anyone would wear anything other than Fly gear. No other gear company puts more money back into local racing than Fly. I can't remember the last time I've seen a "Fox buck, or Thor buck" type promo at a local track but Fly gives even the small time tracks several thousand a year to hand out to their racers.
Zesiger 112
Fantasy
2020th
4/19/2015 9:02pm
I've riddin in fly for years. Their gear is top of the line no questions about it, and it's really cheap. All of the dealers around...

Jt$ wrote:
Fair point and this has been addressed in our current gear lines. The gear pictured is from 2012.
True, and I haven't had a single problem or rip with it all these years it's good stuff. And I plan on continuing to use it as practice gear. And save my new stuff for races or trips.
gazzar70
4/20/2015 3:07am
gazzar70 wrote:
tprice07 wrote:
So is that why you knocked the brand? To get a reply like every other 5 year old kid who bashes riders on their social media...
So is that why you knocked the brand? To get a reply like every other 5 year old kid who bashes riders on their social media pages?
JT and I go way back. You woudn't understand I guess.
4/20/2015 7:17am
first peice of moto gear i ever bought was a FLY helmet when my son started BMX. we have been prety loyal to Fly ever since and when we got into moto we went with boots and gear. Have always liked the fly stuff and will continue to buy it. I hope they keep the quality up on some of the lower end stuff.
gazzar70
4/20/2015 9:50pm
gazzar70 wrote:

Your Welcome.
Jt$ wrote:
You're entitled to your opinion but you know what they say about opinions. I would sincerely invite you to try some current Fly stuff and give...
You're entitled to your opinion but you know what they say about opinions. I would sincerely invite you to try some current Fly stuff and give me your honest opinion afterwards. I bet it works better than jeans and a flannel.

Oh and thanks.
What about a pair of True Religion jeans and a Burberry shirt JT? Match that with a Fly Racing F2 Carbon Acetylene helmet and the new Fly Sector boot. That would look sick JT!
JB 19
4/20/2015 10:46pm
gazzar70 wrote:
Most of the industry reads this stuff, but only a few are brave enough to jump in the mosh pit. Used to be more, but the mob ran most of them out. We're still pretty lucky.
tek14
4/20/2015 11:26pm
Great gear with good price. Its long lasting, good looking and fits great.
Same price level Fox is pretty bad and TLD cost more than twice as much... 7 Gear 3 times as much(Made By TLD).
As im payng my gear i wont buy 300 dollar sets every month if i get great Fly products for 100 dollars.

gazzar70 can troll as much he wants.. Fly has raised their level in last 2 years.
backshift
4/20/2015 11:57pm
Fly Gear. Best out there, bro.

Love my carbon F2 helmet.
motokiwi
Fantasy
269th
4/21/2015 12:32am Edited Date/Time 4/21/2015 12:33am
Its the equivalent of "store brand" to me... Its what you run if you are new to the sport, on a budget, or have no style.

Got to say tho: Its a lot better looking than it used to be, nice work to all involved, just not my cup of tea.
tmauto769
Fantasy
1135th
4/21/2015 3:25am
"store brand" , comparable to ocelot, really? funny how opinions vary so much. I have some Fly gear from '11 or '12, and it was head and shoulders above ocelot. I would place it in quality above Thor and Fox, but just below TLD/Seven. If I had one complaint about Fly, it would be I found it to be a little tight on the upper back. I have wider shoulders though.
woodsryder
Fantasy
3295th
4/21/2015 3:40am
motokiwi wrote:
Its the equivalent of "store brand" to me... Its what you run if you are new to the sport, on a budget, or have no style...
Its the equivalent of "store brand" to me... Its what you run if you are new to the sport, on a budget, or have no style.

Got to say tho: Its a lot better looking than it used to be, nice work to all involved, just not my cup of tea.

Post a reply to: Fly Gear

The Latest