Fly Carbon Helmet Vs. A One Industries

Emjohns555
3/27/2014 10:33am Edited Date/Time 3/27/2014 4:54pm
I am looking into buying a new helmet this year and I am considering the Fly carbon F2. I currently have a One Industries helmet and like it a lot. I have always known Fly to be a pretty cheaply made brand. Is it worth the money to just get a more expensive One Industries ?
|
PPS Moto
3/27/2014 10:43am
That new One Industries helmet with MIPS looks very interesting.
TeamGreen
3/27/2014 10:50am Edited Date/Time 3/27/2014 10:51am
I can't argue against the Fly F2 for $120-130 (on the web right now).

I wear TLD SE3s these days.

I've worn Fly helmets. They have fit really well & protected me when I hit the ground...hard enough to go to the hospital (shoulder).

That's a Fly helmet in my Avi!
Emjohns555
3/27/2014 10:54am
Ok thanks, I work at dealer that sells fly so I've been eyeing it for a few weeks now. I just didn't want to waste my money on something that wasn't going to protect me.
shiftmx_22
Fantasy
850th
3/27/2014 10:58am
Emjohns555 wrote:
Ok thanks, I work at dealer that sells fly so I've been eyeing it for a few weeks now. I just didn't want to waste my...
Ok thanks, I work at dealer that sells fly so I've been eyeing it for a few weeks now. I just didn't want to waste my money on something that wasn't going to protect me.
I used to wear a One Industries helmet. I hated the fit. I had a medium Trooper 2 and it felt huge and seemed to have little contract with my head and face. I dumped it for an F2 Carbon and love it! The fit is 10x better. For the price I don't think you can beat it. Trey Canard and Top Jimmy wear it (and I'm sure they aren't too concerned about price).

Obviously there are better high end helmets out there. But for the price, it's great!

The Shop

Grizz
3/27/2014 11:02am Edited Date/Time 3/27/2014 11:04am
Emjohns555 wrote:
Ok thanks, I work at dealer that sells fly so I've been eyeing it for a few weeks now. I just didn't want to waste my...
shiftmx_22 wrote:
I used to wear a One Industries helmet. I hated the fit. I had a medium Trooper 2 and it felt huge and seemed to have...
I used to wear a One Industries helmet. I hated the fit. I had a medium Trooper 2 and it felt huge and seemed to have little contract with my head and face. I dumped it for an F2 Carbon and love it! The fit is 10x better. For the price I don't think you can beat it. Trey Canard and Top Jimmy wear it (and I'm sure they aren't too concerned about price).

Obviously there are better high end helmets out there. But for the price, it's great!
Well good thing they don't make the Trooper anymore. Also, I wouldn't even think about Canard or Albertson wearing it when deciding which is better. They get paid to wear it.

Get the One Ind Gamma with MIPS. That's the best for your money between these two choices.
shiftmx_22
Fantasy
850th
3/27/2014 12:04pm Edited Date/Time 3/27/2014 12:14pm
Grizz wrote:
Well good thing they don't make the Trooper anymore. Also, I wouldn't even think about Canard or Albertson wearing it when deciding which is better. They...
Well good thing they don't make the Trooper anymore. Also, I wouldn't even think about Canard or Albertson wearing it when deciding which is better. They get paid to wear it.

Get the One Ind Gamma with MIPS. That's the best for your money between these two choices.
Keep your pants on Grizzbro. Emphasis on "I used to wear a One Industries helmet".

Also emphasis on "Obviously there are better high end helmets out there". The Gamma is a $400 helmet.

I stand by my claim that I (personally) don't like the fit. I tried on my buddies Gamma and it felt very similar to my old (not made anymore, just for for clarification) Trooper 2.

Edit: Upon further investigation, the F2 Carbon is $260. So your best for your money argument might be valid, if you are comfortable with the fit of the Gamma. But still, keep your pants on.
Grizz
3/27/2014 12:20pm
Hey I'm trynna keep em on!

Honestly I didn't like the first Gamma I got at all, but I got another one last year and it fit much better. My next helmet will be something better, hopefully a Moto 9.

For OP's question I would say first choice should be Gamma with MIPS, then F2 Carbon, then the regular Gamma. I've never ridden in the Fly helmet but they seem nice.

Helmets are weird because everyone's head is shaped differently.
docweedon
3/27/2014 2:55pm
I have had the One Industries Gamma helmet (W/o MIPS). It's a good helmet, but just didn't fit my head just right. To me, it's a bit 'deep' and always slid down when I rode...yes I had the correct size for my head. Funny, as I never had an issue with the One Ind. Trooper helmet.

I am now using the Fly F2 Carbon Acetelyne helmet and it is far better for me on my head. It is so comfortable and breathes really well. To me, the F2 is lighter than the Gamma and I have never had any issues with vision. I have had all sorts of helmets, and the F2 is up there on my list as far as quality, fit and finish.

BTO Sports has the 2013 F2 Carbon Andrew Short and Trey Canard helmets for $159.99. That IS the best price on the net for the Fly F2.

http://www.btosports.com/p/fly-racing-f2-carbon-andrew-short-helmet
Falcon
Fantasy
765th
3/27/2014 3:37pm
I used to work at One Industries. I love those guys and the gear is great but I don't think any of the helmets have ever been very good. The Fly helmet I checked out at one point wins, hands down for fit and finish.
Tracktor
3/27/2014 4:21pm
The Fly F2 is damn near as comfortable as a Shoei especially for the price. I still run a Shoei but the Fly is a great helmet. I haven't had good luck with One helmets. Like said above gear has been great but helmets, not so much............Haven't tried a MIPS one, though.............
Roscoe33
3/27/2014 4:54pm
The Fly Carbon is good bang for the buck in a full carbon lid.

Post a reply to: Fly Carbon Helmet Vs. A One Industries

The Latest