Florida guys!

Meister
I'm down in santa rosa beach for vacation. Naturally, I brought my 450. Are there any tracks or private tracks inside of an hour from Santa Rosa? I brought it mainly with the intent on hitting monster mountain on our way home since we're heading up 65. However, if there's something to ride close that I just don't know about or can't find, I may ride a morning here? I know of Milton, but it's like an hour and a half Google says.. mp county line is closed for summer I believe. Anyone got anything?
|
jasonward73
7/12/2017 11:06am Edited Date/Time 7/12/2017 11:06am
I've lived in FL all of my 44yrs on this planet and I've never heard of Santa Rosa, FL. I had to google it.

You are near Chipley which has an OHV park. I live in South FL so my expertise is limited in the panhandle.

There has to be a track or two near Tallahassee. When I was in college (20yrs ago - FSU) RC would pound laps on his 80 at Crowder MX. That was fun to watch. It was on the west side of Tally. I have no idea if it's still around.

Jason
7/12/2017 11:23am
I've lived in FL all of my 44yrs on this planet and I've never heard of Santa Rosa, FL. I had to google it. You are...
I've lived in FL all of my 44yrs on this planet and I've never heard of Santa Rosa, FL. I had to google it.

You are near Chipley which has an OHV park. I live in South FL so my expertise is limited in the panhandle.

There has to be a track or two near Tallahassee. When I was in college (20yrs ago - FSU) RC would pound laps on his 80 at Crowder MX. That was fun to watch. It was on the west side of Tally. I have no idea if it's still around.

Jason
Haha! I've lived here for 37 years and thought the same thing!
JonM37
7/12/2017 11:30am
I have been here over 20 years and never hear of it. You are not far from Countyline MP. That's a great track.
Meister
7/12/2017 11:48am
Ha that's funny. I'm in between Destin and Panama City.. I wish county line was open.

The Shop

7/12/2017 2:31pm
You're not too far from Green Acres MX which is just south of Andalusia, AL. Just take Hwy 98 to Hwy 331 North to Florala, AL (my old hometown) and follow Hwy 55 north toward Andalusia for about 20 minutes. Last time I checked they were open 7 days a week.

Santa Rosa Beach to Green Acres Map

Crowder Pit has been closed for a long time. Nothing in Tallahassee but private tracks and the training facilities just north in Cairo, GA.
Meister
7/12/2017 2:42pm
Copy that Dave. I just found out my plans had a kink. Monster mountain is closed this weekend. Go figure. So I'm thinking about hitting one of these Florida tracks Saturday or even green acres or something in GA.. anyone got any south GA pointers?
mulletman
7/12/2017 7:14pm
The Lusk still have their place in Bainbridge, Ga. There's at least 2 tracks you can ride there. I don't remember what the pricing is. Maybe $25 per track. http://www.southernracewaymx.com

I think Georgia Practice Facility or whatever it's called is open to the public as well.
Benihana225
7/14/2017 7:29am Edited Date/Time 7/14/2017 7:32am
JonM37 wrote:
I have been here over 20 years and never hear of it. You are not far from Countyline MP. That's a great track.
Hit County Line. Also on your way home is Millcreek right outside of Birmingham Al. Btw. These are my 2 favorite tracks for what it's worth

Let us know what tracks you hit and how you liked them
Meister
7/14/2017 8:03am
I wanted to hit county line but read they're closed for summer?

Pell City is about 4 hours from where I'm at.. I've got my 2 year old with me so the plan is to leave tomorrow at 10 and be riding inside of 3 hours. Ride for a couple hours then back on the road for her nap time lol.

I think I've narrowed it to GPF if they're open (no replies) or Riverside mx.
gharmon
7/14/2017 8:12am
JonM37 wrote:
I'm in Panama City Beach as I type and on my way in I stopped at Countyline and there doesn't appear to have been any bikes on that track in a while. It's had trouble staying open for the last couple years I believe.
gharmon
7/14/2017 8:20am
Meister wrote:
I wanted to hit county line but read they're closed for summer? Pell City is about 4 hours from where I'm at.. I've got my 2...
I wanted to hit county line but read they're closed for summer?

Pell City is about 4 hours from where I'm at.. I've got my 2 year old with me so the plan is to leave tomorrow at 10 and be riding inside of 3 hours. Ride for a couple hours then back on the road for her nap time lol.

I think I've narrowed it to GPF if they're open (no replies) or Riverside mx.
I've always like Riverside mx. I live about 2 hours north of Riverside and always enjoyed when the race track was on our racing schedule. They left the schedule about 15 years ago but I see they have one on this years schedule late in the year. It's a fun track to ride..
JustMX
7/14/2017 8:44am Edited Date/Time 7/14/2017 8:44am
What was the place right at tallahassee that hosted winter ams back late 80's, early 90's and then closed.
Remember Jeannie Carmichael dressing rc down for doing no handers on the finish line and john dowd winning a muddy winter am in one of his first races back from a broken femur or something like that.

Hyman-myers?
Meister
7/14/2017 9:11am
Big jumps at Riverside? I just got in contact with Josh at GPF. They're open but warned me that lorettas training is in full swing so they let the track get nice and rough.
ga_pike
7/14/2017 9:25am
JustMX wrote:
What was the place right at tallahassee that hosted winter ams back late 80's, early 90's and then closed. Remember Jeannie Carmichael dressing rc down for...
What was the place right at tallahassee that hosted winter ams back late 80's, early 90's and then closed.
Remember Jeannie Carmichael dressing rc down for doing no handers on the finish line and john dowd winning a muddy winter am in one of his first races back from a broken femur or something like that.

Hyman-myers?
The only place I can think of was Hog Pen MX near Cairo... but I don't remember them hosting any winter am's.
navalseabee
7/14/2017 9:35am Edited Date/Time 7/14/2017 9:36am
Meister wrote:
I'm down in santa rosa beach for vacation. Naturally, I brought my 450. Are there any tracks or private tracks inside of an hour from Santa...
I'm down in santa rosa beach for vacation. Naturally, I brought my 450. Are there any tracks or private tracks inside of an hour from Santa Rosa? I brought it mainly with the intent on hitting monster mountain on our way home since we're heading up 65. However, if there's something to ride close that I just don't know about or can't find, I may ride a morning here? I know of Milton, but it's like an hour and a half Google says.. mp county line is closed for summer I believe. Anyone got anything?
I live in Panama City not far from there. MP County line is closed for the summer so that option is out. There is a track in Milton FL also one called Green Acres MX in Andalusia AL and STC MX in Panama City. There is also an offroad riding area around Milton called Clear Creek OHV and one in Chipley Fl called Hardlabor Creek Offroad Park.
DownSouth
7/14/2017 9:59am
JustMX wrote:
What was the place right at tallahassee that hosted winter ams back late 80's, early 90's and then closed. Remember Jeannie Carmichael dressing rc down for...

Hyman-myers?
ga_pike wrote:
The only place I can think of was Hog Pen MX near Cairo... but I don't remember them hosting any winter am's.
Hyman Myers speedway was on the FL Winter Series schedule for several years. I always skipped that round because the drive was too long from South FL.
7/14/2017 10:12am
Glad I found this thread lol. My wife wants to go back to Destin so bad next May (2018) when she's done with school. Looks like I'll be taking the bike along as well lol
7/14/2017 1:52pm
JustMX wrote:

Hyman-myers?
Hyman Myers Speedway was located on the south side of Tallahassee at the corner of Capital Circle and Woodville Highway. It was around from the mid 80's until the early 90's. Was better known for it's oval kart track. Never got to ride that one as I moved out of Tally in 1986 as it was being built.
JohnnyD13
7/14/2017 2:01pm
Meister wrote:
Big jumps at Riverside? I just got in contact with Josh at GPF. They're open but warned me that lorettas training is in full swing so...
Big jumps at Riverside? I just got in contact with Josh at GPF. They're open but warned me that lorettas training is in full swing so they let the track get nice and rough.
There is a secret private track in Panama City and it has a track, turn track and a big sand dune pit. Email me at debski.j@yahoo.com. I'll give you his number
JohnnyD13
7/14/2017 2:03pm
It's called STC and it is real beach sand by the way. Not for the faint of heart
Meister
7/14/2017 8:05pm
I woulda rode there in a heartbeat had I found it earlier this week. Pretty sure I saw his Chevy (assuming) at Pier park last night. Pretty sure I'm heading to Riverside tomorrow.
kaptkaos
7/15/2017 4:27pm
You could ride Durhamtown on the way back
Meister
7/15/2017 8:01pm
Just landed at a hotel south of atl.. shitty day.. 10 minutes after leaving Santa Rosa I decided to call Riverside again to double check. He informed me that they got washed out in the storm over night. Damn. Txt Josh at GPF and he says it's all good. 2 hours and 45 minutes adding a little over an hour to the trip home. Oh well I figured. 5 minutes from the track it starts a monsoon type rain and storm.. I pulled in, last bike was coming off the track and it had lakes puddled up between jumps.. I drove around a bit and the place was awesome. Didn't realize it was literally the neighboring property to MTF but I got to see that place too. Won't have any time to stop tomorrow, just gotta high tail home.. guess I wasn't supposed to ride this trip.. lol..

Post a reply to: Florida guys!

The Latest