Flagger Tech

SEEMEFIRST
5/6/2014 3:59am Edited Date/Time 5/6/2014 4:00am
jamma10 wrote:
And then there is always that horrible situation where a rider goes down out of sight and lays injured and the ONLY person who saw it...
And then there is always that horrible situation where a rider goes down out of sight and lays injured and the ONLY person who saw it happen is the flagger who is then faced with a difficult choice; helplessly wave their flag and hope it raises the attention of others or attend to the stricken rider who could be seriously hurt or having trouble breathing?

I hate watching that happen and even I've jumped the fence myself to help out when there were no other marhsalls or medics around.
Trust me, I have seen way too many bad things. Not every scenario can be sorted with a flag, and I've had to make some split second decisions. I just never placed that kind of perssure on our flaggers since most are young people.

Just concentrate down stream and try your best to get the rider's attention. That's the best you can hope for.

As stated by 41NDT your post, by the time they make the big time, yellows have lost their effectiveness. At our track, racing must stop until you clear the scene. We use a red cross for wheels on the ground, but we demand riders slow for yellows.

The Shop

Post a reply to: Flagger Tech

The Latest