First turn at Detroit SX, massive carnage?

Related:
Create New Tag

2/19/2019 3:35 PM

With 6 main event starts, how much carnage will we see in the first turn? Also, this track looks intense.

Photo

|

2/19/2019 3:38 PM

Looks like a good high speed track. Id say tomac has an advantage if he really does have more in the tank as he says

|

2/19/2019 4:03 PM

Everything is coming up Webb this year. Changing of the guard perhaps?

|

2/19/2019 4:33 PM

why did they stop going up in the seats with the track?...usually Detroit takes the track up in the stands...
Photo

|

scte3.0 pro-line trinity tekin

2/19/2019 5:24 PM

I quite like that we have a triple crown event thrown in the middle, could make things interesting points-wise

|

2/19/2019 6:18 PM

blockhead17 wrote:

I quite like that we have a triple crown event thrown in the middle, could make things interesting points-wise

When I realized this weekend was a triple crown it seriously made my day... as if I wasn’t looking forward to Saturday night enough already.

|

2/19/2019 6:51 PM

Would like to see the start even shorted and that lane longer behind it. Keep the speed down into the first kink turn and make longer whoops for passing.

|

Cheers, Crush
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2/19/2019 7:24 PM

Unconfirmed reports that Davalos went into the foetal position at the sight of that track map. Note to self, always start inside of Josh Osby.

Very good chance somebody ends up on the plywood outside turn 1 in each of the 6 races i would say.

|

2/19/2019 7:37 PM

I see people just blowing off the side instead of trying to stay on the track and then just rejoining on down the way near the front of the pack. You know, “next safest place” and all.

|

2/19/2019 9:14 PM

ya first turn was first thing i noticed. gonna be crashes from outside guys all night

|

"If you feel in control, you're not going fast enough" ~Mario Andretti

2/20/2019 1:15 AM

Scripted season.

|

2/20/2019 1:44 AM

WCRider wrote:

Scripted season.

What?

|

2/20/2019 1:59 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/20/2019 2:00 AM

WCRider wrote:

Scripted season.

jorgechavez wrote:

What?

I'm exaggerating (A bit) but every effort is made to go in one direction so she is a bit scripted in my opinion via speed reduction to tighten up the pack or reduce injuries for example.

What is your opinion ?

|

2/20/2019 2:12 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/20/2019 2:14 AM

I'm going to be surprised if there isn't a first turn crash in at least 4 of the "mains". The long start straight will help a bit with seperation.

|

2/20/2019 5:33 AM

Look at all that wasted real estate behind the starting gate.

|

2/20/2019 6:12 AM

WCRider wrote:

Scripted season.

jorgechavez wrote:

What?

WCRider wrote:

I'm exaggerating (A bit) but every effort is made to go in one direction so she is a bit scripted in my opinion via speed reduction to tighten up the pack or reduce injuries for example.

What is your opinion ?

Thats just shaping it a bit , in my mind scripted would be deciding who is going to win , so its not scripted in my mind they all have an equal opportunity to win , well besides the privateers trying to Race against superior bikes and equipment but thats another story.

|

2/20/2019 6:17 AM

The track looks to favor guys like Tomac and Bagget, but the start makes things interesting. Getting a bad start with that first turn looks like you’ll get forced outside off the track or stuck waiting for bikes to funnel around the inside.

Going to be an interesting weekend for sure. Track layout looks cool and there’s a rhythm with optional lanes.

|

2/20/2019 6:23 AM

downard254 wrote:

Look at all that wasted real estate behind the starting gate.

Yeah, I say shorten the start more (since itll be a higher speed first turn anyways) so that rhythm can come all the way down and fill that space. There may be an issue though having the track race behind the start.

|

2/20/2019 8:30 AM

No one better go over the berm after the whoops or the guys lining up left side of the gate will take a Dunlop (and more) to the face.

|

Name withheld... Esquire

2/20/2019 8:35 AM

Steve125 wrote:

No one better go over the berm after the whoops or the guys lining up left side of the gate will take a Dunlop (and more) to the face.

True hopefully they put a Pulp Net There

|

2/20/2019 8:36 AM

Steve125 wrote:

I think you're looking at the track backwards bro... whoop section takes riders in the opposite direction from the gate

|

2/20/2019 8:38 AM

Steve125 wrote:

Moto Obsessed wrote:

I think you're looking at the track backwards bro... whoop section takes riders in the opposite direction from the gate

Gotcha.. I was. thanks

|

Name withheld... Esquire

2/20/2019 10:29 AM

WCRider wrote:

What is your opinion ?

I can't deny that I too have noticed that there seems to be a conscience decision to keep the tracks on the simpler side for whatever reason, I'm guessing it has to do with all the injuries last year. But honestly the track for this weekend seems like it could be pretty good.

|

2/20/2019 10:35 AM

I’m all for easy tracks right now. Look at the racing it’s produced. Look how close the points are. Now I’d like to see the tracks get harder as the season goes on but for now yeah keep them simple. It’s produced the best season since 2011.

|

2/20/2019 11:03 AM

I'm 99% positive there won't be massive carnage and there won't be any crashes on the start that we don't normally see.

|

2/20/2019 11:58 AM

MotoMan12345 wrote:

I’m all for easy tracks right now. Look at the racing it’s produced. Look how close the points are. Now I’d like to see the tracks get harder as the season goes on but for now yeah keep them simple. It’s produced the best season since 2011.

Speaking of 2011. Jacksonville had that style of start (but right handed). RV2 DNQ on the night.

|

2/20/2019 12:11 PM

Steve125 wrote:

I was just thinking the same thing after checking out the map......could possibly ruin several guys nights before they ever get started.

|

2/20/2019 1:04 PM

dsmith wrote:

why did they stop going up in the seats with the track?...usually Detroit takes the track up in the stands...
Photo

Im kinda disappointed with this years track, it was cool that Detroit was unique that it went into the stands. Im sure its a little bit easier to set up the track without it but it makes it different than every other football field event. The 2017 layout on the far right was actually a really good track but the 1st year they came back after a hiatus around 2013 where it went all the way up to the top row of the lower bowl was sweet.

This years track doesnt look too technical unless they add some ramps coming out of the bowl turns crossing the start/finish.

|

2/20/2019 1:13 PM

Nobody is whining, this was actually brought to my attention by a pro rider on social media. He has the same concern

|

2/20/2019 1:14 PM

"massive carnage" laughing laughing Maybe you shouldn't watch the race then. Why don't you wait until you see the real track after its built and not whine about what might happen by just looking at the computer generated track. The tracks are usually different by the time they build it anyway but "massive carnage" now you are just be dramatic. blush

|

Ed Johnson