First timer headed to Czech GP

Related:
Create New Tag

7/7/2017 1:25 PM

I'm a bit of a lurker here but wanted to extend my excitement to attend the MXGP of Czech Republic later this month. My SO and I are staying in Karlovy Vary and will have a car. Any tips for the event or sightseeing?

How's the parking at the track? Also how about getting pit access?

Ready to cheer on the Americans!

|

7/7/2017 3:30 PM

Man, you've picked the best one ! The track is on a natural and very steep hillside in the shadow of a beautiful small town of Loket, Visit the old castle in Loket and see the old dungeons and torture chambers ! Karlovy Vary, where you are staying is probably the best town i have ever visited. It is an old Spa town with fantastic architecture and a lovely cafe street scene. Visit the Grand Pupp Hotel (where we have normally stayed) and you will recognise many parts which were filmed in the James Bond movie, Casino Royale. The countryside in that area is spectacular and I'm sure you will love every minute you are there. The on track food stalls with spit roast chickens and huge sausages with mustard and black bread are to die for and the beer tents are superb !! You enjoy fella, GP atmosphere at its best !

|

7/8/2017 3:17 AM

race250r wrote:

I'm a bit of a lurker here but wanted to extend my excitement to attend the MXGP of Czech Republic later this month. My SO and I are staying in Karlovy Vary and will have a car. Any tips for the event or sightseeing?

How's the parking at the track? Also how about getting pit access?

Ready to cheer on the Americans!

So parking is near to track, walk is not longer then from Red Bud parkplace. Pit access you can buy all weekend for i think 10eur and is valid all weekend. Which is good, because in Red Bud i payed USD 15 and was valid 3 hours only.
Im local, have a lot of experience of this race, i can help you with all you need. Welcome here.

|

18 Yamaha YZ450F
94 Honda CR 500
90 Honda CR 500
81 Yamaha SR 500
68 BSA Thunderbolt
69 Triumph Tiger 100

7/8/2017 5:16 AM

Its a great track and czech is a lovely country.. we are there in afew weeks .

|

7/8/2017 6:00 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/8/2017 6:02 AM

I've been there for the last 2 years. Great track in a beautiful place. Loket is enchanting small town. Be sure to have the time to check it out. Everything is in walking distance there.
I can't make it there this year. I'm jealous. grin

This is the best spot to spectate imo.

Cheers:


Photo

|

7/8/2017 9:06 AM

race250r wrote:

I'm a bit of a lurker here but wanted to extend my excitement to attend the MXGP of Czech Republic later this month. My SO and I are staying in Karlovy Vary and will have a car. Any tips for the event or sightseeing?

How's the parking at the track? Also how about getting pit access?

Ready to cheer on the Americans!

Can't really answer to any of your questions because the last time I was there was like 10 years ago.
But it's a cool track and also really good for watching.
Racing is pretty good there also usually

Pity that you don't get to cheer on the Americans in EMX250 because they're at break. Womens and 65 and 85 are gonna race that weekend.

have fun

|

7/8/2017 12:30 PM

Hey man, I'm going with some friends for the 3th time in a row. Last two years were amazing. We are in a hotel in Karlovy Vary too, from wednesday until mondaymorning. Restaurants and clubs are cheap as hell, so you will have a good time for sure laughing . You should really come to one of the clubs on Friday and Saturday. Last two years there were pretty much mx fans (mainly english people) to party and have a good time. For seightseeing, there is a lake a few kilometers from Karlovy Vary with waterslides and stuff.

For the event. Make sure you park your car as close to the exit as possible, because traffic wise it not that good if you want to leave the GP. You picked a good one. You can see probably 70% of the track at once if you have a good spot.

|

7/8/2017 9:37 PM

David934 wrote:

So parking is near to track, walk is not longer then from Red Bud parkplace. Pit access you can buy all weekend for i think 10eur and is valid all weekend. Which is good, because in Red Bud i payed USD 15 and was valid 3 hours only.
Im local, have a lot of experience of this race, i can help you with all you need. Welcome here.

Thanks David

|

7/8/2017 9:40 PM

philG wrote:

Its a great track and czech is a lovely country.. we are there in afew weeks .

Yes we love the Czech Republic, very excited to be back.

|

7/8/2017 9:44 PM

crusty_xx wrote:

Can't really answer to any of your questions because the last time I was there was like 10 years ago.
But it's a cool track and also really good for watching.
Racing is pretty good there also usually

Pity that you don't get to cheer on the Americans in EMX250 because they're at break. Womens and 65 and 85 are gonna race that weekend.

have fun

Yes that is a shame about EMX not running, I was hoping to say hello to Tristan on the 250s as he's from around my heck of the woods. I will be able to cheer on Darian, who is also a local to me, as long as he's back in the saddle.

Thanks for all the feedback.

|

7/8/2017 9:46 PM

sende wrote:

I've been there for the last 2 years. Great track in a beautiful place. Loket is enchanting small town. Be sure to have the time to check it out. Everything is in walking distance there.
I can't make it there this year. I'm jealous. grin

This is the best spot to spectate imo.

Cheers:


Photo

I'll slam a beer for ya at that spot!

|

7/8/2017 9:50 PM

Cortami79 wrote:

Hey man, I'm going with some friends for the 3th time in a row. Last two years were amazing. We are in a hotel in Karlovy Vary too, from wednesday until mondaymorning. Restaurants and clubs are cheap as hell, so you will have a good time for sure laughing . You should really come to one of the clubs on Friday and Saturday. Last two years there were pretty much mx fans (mainly english people) to party and have a good time. For seightseeing, there is a lake a few kilometers from Karlovy Vary with waterslides and stuff.

For the event. Make sure you park your car as close to the exit as possible, because traffic wise it not that good if you want to leave the GP. You picked a good one. You can see probably 70% of the track at once if you have a good spot.

Thanks for the heads up on parking. We will be sure to take in the nightlife, too! I do appreciate the affordability of Czech travel smile

|

7/8/2017 10:07 PM

geordieshaft wrote:

Man, you've picked the best one ! The track is on a natural and very steep hillside in the shadow of a beautiful small town of Loket, Visit the old castle in Loket and see the old dungeons and torture chambers ! Karlovy Vary, where you are staying is probably the best town i have ever visited. It is an old Spa town with fantastic architecture and a lovely cafe street scene. Visit the Grand Pupp Hotel (where we have normally stayed) and you will recognise many parts which were filmed in the James Bond movie, Casino Royale. The countryside in that area is spectacular and I'm sure you will love every minute you are there. The on track food stalls with spit roast chickens and huge sausages with mustard and black bread are to die for and the beer tents are superb !! You enjoy fella, GP atmosphere at its best !

Hotel Puup was also on "The Last Holiday" with Queen Latifah. (I know I know, But my wife made me watch it, and it was pretty good).

|