First time heading to Cali

Related:
Create New Tag

1/2/2019 5:25 AM

Hey vitalers, my buddy and I are heading out to cali for A2. I've never been to the west coast before and was curious what I should prepare for clothing wise. Here in New England its cold this time of year (typically), but I know its a bit nicer over in SOCAL. Just wondering what you guys recommend. Thanks!

|

1/2/2019 6:30 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/2/2019 6:31 AM

The lows are in the 40's right now. In the LA/OC area that's pretty much as cold as it gets. I'm sure being where you're from, you could get by in a tshirt and shorts.

|

1/2/2019 6:51 AM

Angel stadium gets cold at night. Its close to the beach and the marine layer makes the temperature feel much colder than it actually is. Pants, t-shirt, hoodie, and beanie and you'll be fine.

|

1/2/2019 6:57 AM

I'm also from the east coast. The first time I went to l.a about 6 years ago they were going thru the coldest winter in years and people were walking around in parkas. The coldest it got was 45 degrees. I went swimming and everyone looked at me like I was nuts. West coasters wouldn't last a week on our coast.

|

1/2/2019 7:52 AM

SrfNdirt wrote:

The lows are in the 40's right now. In the LA/OC area that's pretty much as cold as it gets. I'm sure being where you're from, ...more

"The lows are in the 40's right now."

Actually, the low in lake elsinore area was 24 frosty degrees last night, but yeah, that is unusual.

|

1/2/2019 8:02 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/2/2019 8:03 AM

Pete The Fisherman wrote:

I'm also from the east coast. The first time I went to l.a about 6 years ago they were going thru the coldest winter in years ...more

"West coasters wouldn't last a week on our coast."

yeah, and you "easterners" would cry like a newborn baby if you had to spend a weekend in phoenix in the middle of summer without any air conditioning and your skin would literally melt of your bodies if it was exposed to the sun there for more then 5 minutes, so take that.
Photo

|

1/2/2019 8:05 AM

SrfNdirt wrote:

The lows are in the 40's right now. In the LA/OC area that's pretty much as cold as it gets. I'm sure being where you're from, ...more

barnett468 wrote:

"The lows are in the 40's right now."

Actually, the low in lake elsinore area was 24 frosty degrees last night, but yeah, ...more

Supposed to get snow at my house on Sunday!

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

1/2/2019 8:06 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/2/2019 8:07 AM

pkiczuk wrote:

Hey vitalers, my buddy and I are heading out to cali for A2. I've never been to the west coast before and was curious what I ...more

here is a weather channel that is fairly accurate. just enter the city or zip code of where you want to check the weather in the top right corner. one thing we do get here is rain, so some type of rain coat or umbrella etc, might be useful but you can always buy one cheap when you get here.

https://www.accuweather.com/

|

1/2/2019 8:08 AM

I'm also from the east coast. The first time I went to l.a about 6 years ago they were going thru the coldest winter in years ...more

barnett468 wrote:

yeah, and you "easterners" would cry like a newborn baby if you had to ...more

As someone from ohio, i agree. Why the hell would anyone live in 100 degree heat. My shoes would melt on the pavement

|

1/2/2019 8:09 AM

barnett468 wrote:

Photo
|

1/2/2019 8:16 AM

barnett468 wrote:

I would take heat over this frozen tundra half the year any day.

The cold ruins everything.

|

1/2/2019 8:30 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/2/2019 8:30 AM

barnett468 wrote:

shaffstall721 wrote:

I would take heat over this frozen tundra half the year any day.

The cold ruins everything.

Me too, i hate winter weather and live in Minnesota
Try to figure that one out lol ,let me know if you figure it out thanks

|

1/2/2019 8:40 AM

pkiczuk wrote:

Hey vitalers, my buddy and I are heading out to cali for A2. I've never been to the west coast before and was curious what I ...more

Photo
|

1/3/2019 3:09 AM

Thanks for the responses guys! all good info, that ill keep in mind when I head over!

|