First time applying graphics

Related:
Create New Tag

3/14/2015 7:28 AM

As some of you have read in previous threads I have been trying to find tricks for applying graphics. Well I ordered the graphics last week and they came in Wednesday night. I finally bucked up and put them on last night. I decided to use the water misting method. And as some of you (and my old man) have said you dont have to be overly perfect a lot of the bubbles will come out. That being said I had very few bubbles and am very happy with how things turned out
Photo

|

3/14/2015 7:32 AM

Looks fine to me. Good job!

|

3/14/2015 7:37 AM

Very well done!

|

3/14/2015 8:25 AM

Looks good.

I fucked up a set one time pretty bad. I tried applying them in very cold temps... big mistake! I learned my lesson.

|

3/14/2015 11:40 AM

Thanks all. I get to do the same with my wife's bike later this weekend (2011 crf 250) will have picture updates of that when its done

|

3/14/2015 1:03 PM

I am still trying to perfect the side number plates... no matter what I do they always get the pleated folds on one side or the other due to the complex curves!!!

yours turned out really nice... good job!

|

Don’t piss off the old people - the older they get the less “life in prison” is a deterrent for them!

2020.5 KTM 450 SXF FE
2006 KX250

3/14/2015 1:10 PM

bvm111 wrote:

I am still trying to perfect the side number plates... no matter what I do they always get the pleated folds on one side or ...more

Thanks
The way I did it was to line in the bolt holes and air box holes first. Then split the panel in half longways pressing down a line from front to back. The work from that center line out.

|

3/14/2015 1:28 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/14/2015 1:28 PM

They look good!

I always use soapy water and my wife's blow dryer..seems to work well wiith the heat to get the graphics to conform to the curves.

|

3/14/2015 1:38 PM

Brad460 wrote:

They look good!

I always use soapy water and my wife's blow dryer..seems to work well wiith the heat to get the graphics to ...more

Something to add that may help.. I usually bring my plastics inside since my garage isn't heated, and put my graphics in the oven to get toasty and still use soap and water with a thin piece of plastic to push out the moisture. To this day I have yet to ruin a single piece.

|

3/14/2015 1:44 PM

I used a heat gun for some of the trickier parts and also used a plastic piece to push moisture out. I mostly just used the heat gun for the outer edge where some pieces started to crease.

|

3/14/2015 2:29 PM

Idaho747 wrote:

I used a heat gun for some of the trickier parts and also used a plastic piece to push moisture out. I mostly just used the ...more

Your bike looks great. I have ruined a many of side plate graphics back in the day, but now I end up putting on all of my buddies graphics. It isn't always a good thing to be good at something unsure

|

3/14/2015 8:12 PM

I cut a few half inch squares out of the back then fit it on. This way you can take it back off if need be. Take half of it up peel the backing off, rip it off and credit card hair dryer the bubbles out. Works good with numbers plates and shrouds.

|

3/14/2015 9:09 PM

Heat gun and slowly working the graphic millimeter by millimeter. No bubbles this way

|

Tomac and/or Anderson for 2020.....