First time Muddy Creek tips

Related:
Create New Tag

6/18/2018 6:47 AM

Hey All, I am taking a road trip to Nashville and on the travel back home I am stopping at Muddy Creek for the race this weekend. I will be leaving Nashville early Saturday morning and have a 5 hour ride to get there, so i probabaly wont be rolling in till 11am. Does anyone have tips to make my day easier (parking, best viewing spots, etc)

|

I don't crash, I just run out of talent

6/18/2018 7:00 AM

We always sit by the announcers tower. Feel like you have the best view of most of the track from this section.

|

6/18/2018 7:15 AM

announcers tower/finish line area has good viewing. red bull often has some tents on the infield that make nice cool viewing. the track is pretty exposed, the finish line area is one of the shadier areas, most places you will be in the sun all day, so come prepared for that. hence the red bull tent being prime real estate if it's there again.

the single lane roads can get backed up a bit coming into the event right before the race starts, so come early. they've gotten much better with traffic flow though. if you come in late morning, and the main parking has lines getting into it, there are some great parking spots that are sold at houses adjacent to the track. cheaper as well, and super easy to get out of fast post event.

if you have never been to a pro national, the racer x all day pit pass is money well spent. i'd be personally much more inclined to go that route than pay extra for the vip seating areas.

|

6/19/2018 4:35 AM

RacerX all day pit pass is way to go at Muddy Creek. You can watch the race and see most of the track from the pits. I have done that most every year there.

|

6/19/2018 4:50 AM

The Creek gets hot so find shade near the announcer's tower, the Red Bull tents, or bring an pop-up canopy. If you bring a pop-up the best place is just below the pits across from the finish line. The only drawback to that is you don't see part of the track on the other side of the start straight. So, the best viewing is probably in the infield but it's difficult to find shade unless you find room under a Red Bull tent or bring your own.

|

6/19/2018 1:03 PM

Be sure and take into account you will be starting in Central Time zone but going to EST.

|

6/19/2018 1:23 PM

Photo
|

Positively, absolutely 110% obsessed with anything MOTO.

6/19/2018 3:26 PM

The last month has seen much more rain than usual and the forecast shows a good chance of rain in the days preceding the national.

There are some swampy areas around muddy creek.

I would suggest stocking up on good insect repellant.

|

6/20/2018 7:56 PM

Anybody know if you can go into the privateer pits on Friday in the afternoon?

|