First Saturday after the outdoor season ends...

pilotdude
Edited Date/Time 9/2/2018 6:34am
Always feels a little strange and a bit empty after what feels like an endless summer of awesome Saturdays. Days starting to grow noticeably shorter, the light starting to get that angle that feels more like Autumn. Kids going back to school. Motocross des Nations approaching--an incredible battle of international motocross brotherhood.
Transitioning from motocross to supercross with Monster Cup and Straight Rhythm (which sounds like it will be very cool this year.) Then into the quieter time of the year and the buildup to the new supercross season. New bikes, new rookies, new team rosters.

As I get older I appreciate more and more the voices and faces of our sport we get to know. The riders, mechanics, team managers, announcers, and others who all contribute to make moto the part of our lives that it is. Chad Reed's ride at Ironman made me smile and also reflect on how important it is to enjoy the battles the warriors have in the present. Carmichael, Stewart, Reed, Windham, Villopoto, Dungey, Tomac (who is finishing his 9th season.) Blink and they will be memories, with future warriors yet to come. So enjoy each moment.

|
9/1/2018 11:58am
Yeah it definitely feels different. Like many others I really look forward to the races each weekend whether it's supercross or motocross and to think that we are going to to have 4 months of races only every now and then is torture lol. Like you mentioned there are some big off season events coming up that I am looking forward to, and there is obviously still the final rounds of MXGP and that's great but it's not the same IMO.

Bring on MXdN!
Excaliburbmx
9/1/2018 7:03pm
I wished we still had the silly season to look forward to in October.
I liked all the hush hush then the official word on most of the changes all at one time.
stewie94
9/1/2018 8:28pm
this is where football season & more focus on ufc and boxing kicks in , mixed with some enduro & off season races , would be going out riding more if things around here wasent so financially fucked up but its all good

The Shop

9/1/2018 8:42pm
only one month away from hockey! I will be enjoying the cooler weather at the tracks also.

well put pilotdude.
jeffro503
9/1/2018 9:33pm
pilotdude wrote:
Always feels a little strange and a bit empty after what feels like an endless summer of awesome Saturdays. Days starting to grow noticeably shorter, the...
Always feels a little strange and a bit empty after what feels like an endless summer of awesome Saturdays. Days starting to grow noticeably shorter, the light starting to get that angle that feels more like Autumn. Kids going back to school. Motocross des Nations approaching--an incredible battle of international motocross brotherhood.
Transitioning from motocross to supercross with Monster Cup and Straight Rhythm (which sounds like it will be very cool this year.) Then into the quieter time of the year and the buildup to the new supercross season. New bikes, new rookies, new team rosters.

As I get older I appreciate more and more the voices and faces of our sport we get to know. The riders, mechanics, team managers, announcers, and others who all contribute to make moto the part of our lives that it is. Chad Reed's ride at Ironman made me smile and also reflect on how important it is to enjoy the battles the warriors have in the present. Carmichael, Stewart, Reed, Windham, Villopoto, Dungey, Tomac (who is finishing his 9th season.) Blink and they will be memories, with future warriors yet to come. So enjoy each moment.

Well said man , very well said.

It is a weird feeling for me personally every time this part of the year comes around. I always reflect on " damn....I should have rode more! ". Which really rings true this year. First time I really felt burnt out so early ( about May ). I did other things , and the season was over before I knew it.

I did have a great summer of work this year though , and stacked away some money. Winter will be easy , and I should come back into spring riding on a good foot. May even dive back into the 450's next year , or maybe a new 250 2 stroke?

Anyways.....yeah , this year went by in a blink of an eye.
9/1/2018 9:36pm
pilotdude wrote:
Always feels a little strange and a bit empty after what feels like an endless summer of awesome Saturdays. Days starting to grow noticeably shorter, the...

jeffro503 wrote:
Well said man , very well said. It is a weird feeling for me personally every time this part of the year comes around. I always...

It is a weird feeling for me personally every time this part of the year comes around. I always reflect on " damn....I should have rode more! ". Which really rings true this year. First time I really felt burnt out so early ( about May ). I did other things , and the season was over before I knew it.

I did have a great summer of work this year though , and stacked away some money. Winter will be easy , and I should come back into spring riding on a good foot. May even dive back into the 450's next year , or maybe a new 250 2 stroke?

We had such an awesome spring weather-wise, I was burnt out by June! Did a shit load of riding in the spring and just chilled out all summer. The 30 some odd days of 90+ degrees didn’t help the cause either though.
jeffro503
9/1/2018 9:43pm
pilotdude wrote:

jeffro503 wrote:
Well said man , very well said. It is a weird feeling for me personally every time this part of the year comes around. I always...

We had such an awesome spring weather-wise, I was burnt out by June! Did a shit load of riding in the spring and just chilled out...
We had such an awesome spring weather-wise, I was burnt out by June! Did a shit load of riding in the spring and just chilled out all summer. The 30 some odd days of 90+ degrees didn’t help the cause either though.
Yeah Craig...and the smoke too. It hung around for like a month. With my work schedule , heat , smoke , lack of enthusiasm.....I just needed to do something else. I will try and ride the rest of the year out though.
9/1/2018 10:37pm
The NFL fills the gap perfectly for me. The Steelers are about to bring home ring #7. Tomac mopping up Herlings up in a race that doesn't have championship implications will be the icing on the top!
olds cool
9/2/2018 6:34am
2 months worth of Trans-AMA would make it more bearable...Cool

Post a reply to: First Saturday after the outdoor season ends...

The Latest