First MX National: Budds Creek

Related:
Create New Tag

8/15/2018 9:37 AM

Headed to Budds Creek on Friday with my dad. This will be our first time attending a national. Any tips or recomendations? Best places to stand etc? We're super stoked to attend this race. Definitely wanna make the best of it.

|

8/15/2018 10:01 AM

Yep- stand in the middle near the pond. If you walk back and forth you can see almost the whole track from there.
There have been plenty of threads about this before, but go in and leave the back way- not 234 out to the main road.
Be ready for A LOT of walking in the heat. Budds has lots of hills so be prepared for that. And if it's really hot, it can be tough to get a spot in the shade so: drinks, sunscreen are pretty VITAL.
If you park on the drag strip there should be a shuttle to take you down to the track.

|

It's impossible for a corporation or government to love you or care about you.

8/15/2018 11:07 AM

NorCal 50+ wrote:

Yep- stand in the middle near the pond. If you walk back and forth you can see almost the whole track from there.
There have ...more

Awesome, thanks alot!

|

8/15/2018 11:30 AM

NorCal 50+ wrote:

There have ...more

chaseNCMX wrote:

Awesome, thanks alot!

Its supposed to be a scorcher this weekend, so definitely heed the advice of liquids and sunscreen. I'll be riding the 125 class, so if you're around stop by and say hello!

Johnathon Blain
#619 Suzuki RM125

|

8/15/2018 11:32 AM

NorCal 50+ wrote:

There have ...more

chaseNCMX wrote:

Awesome, thanks alot!

JBlain619 wrote:

Its supposed to be a scorcher this weekend, so definitely heed the advice of liquids and sunscreen. I'll be riding the 125 ...more

Hell yeah brother! I'll definitely keep you in mind! I'm pumped to watch some 2 strokes!!!

|

8/15/2018 11:47 AM

Welcome!

Tips IMO but this is just me.

-walk around a lot for your first national
-Bring water, sunscreen and your own beer.
-Shaded areas under redbull tents and trees get picked up early.
-What Norcal said. You will run into heavy traffic on Rt 234 after say 8am saturday.
-get a pit pass
-enjoy the last budds creek national and plan to go to Englishtown next year wink

|

8/15/2018 12:48 PM

My wife and I watched from the big jump on the east side of the track if I remember right at mxon and got to see Ricky do his legs pointing out sideways deal, loved watching from there minus the steep grade that gets to your ankles after a bit. I get to go to millville every year and love the place, but budds is a very scenic track with great viewing options. Man I hope I get back there someday. You'll have a great time.

|

8/15/2018 12:49 PM

phatfi20 wrote:

Welcome!

-Bring water, sunscreen and your own ...more

What??? Last budds Creek??? That's official?

|

8/15/2018 1:39 PM

phatfi20 wrote:

Welcome!

-Bring water, sunscreen and your own ...more

Everytime I read Etown having a national I get so mad haha. I’ve gone to budds for the last 5 years and love going. I’m local to etown and that track is a joke for open practice let alone a national.

|

8/15/2018 1:44 PM

chaseNCMX wrote:

Headed to Budds Creek on Friday with my dad. This will be our first time attending a national. Any tips or recomendations? ...more

I will be driving right by you on my way up to Budds tomorrow.

GO EAT CRABS!!!

|

8/15/2018 1:50 PM

Appreciate all the tips fellas. Me and my dad are super stoked for this race. Plan on being there as early as possible and pit passes will definitely be bought. If anyone wants to meet up/smash some cold ones hit me!

|

8/15/2018 6:35 PM

Here's what worked for me last time:

Slide a little garden shovel down inside the chair bag...
Sit with your back to the off-camber section up on the hill. People that get there early will sit in the shade of the trees close to the downhill after the off camber. The trick is that the sun will make the shade come to you in the late afternoon when you need it most. If all of your party does the pit pass, then you won't have room by the time you get out there.

Use the little shovel to dig out two low spots for the back of the chair. Otherwise, you will be sitting leaning forward all day.

Bring a rag along with the cooler of ice. A wet rag on your head will really help!

|

8/15/2018 6:40 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/15/2018 7:38 PM

B DUB 333 wrote:

What??? Last budds Creek??? That's official?

I would not stamp that.

Depending on which jungle drums you listen to, there may be a new National in the lineup next year...and not at the expense of Budd's. Looks like there may be at least a "Sixth Annual Last Race" at Budds next year.

I also hear rumblings of something further south...like way south.

|

8/16/2018 6:15 PM

It could be a bit crowded...

Photo

|

I don't trust any "Joined Date" later than 2012

8/16/2018 7:03 PM

Enjoy! Budd's is one of my favorites Great track for spectating!

|

8/16/2018 7:07 PM

Etown isn’t a national track. Long live budds

|

8/16/2018 7:11 PM

GuyB wrote:

I would not stamp that.

Depending on which jungle drums you listen to, there may be a new National in the lineup next ...more

Texas or Florida Mr B ????

|

8/16/2018 8:03 PM

Just drove up and I hope they are not working on the 301 VA/MD line bridge all weekend. Tonight it was closed down to 1 lane and I sat on the bridge north bound for 30 minutes at 9PM and south bound had a 3/4 mile line with 4 lane toll booth backed up.

|

8/16/2018 8:05 PM

mb60 wrote:

Texas or Florida Mr B ????

I don’t think the sunshine state is out of the question.

|