First Ever Race on FOX Broadcast Network Headlines The 2015 Monster Energy Supercross TV Schedule

PR
Edited Date/Time 10/22/2014 7:28am
Click here for the 2015 Monster Energy Supercross TV Schedule
Feld Motor Sports® and FOX Sports announced today the 2015 Monster Energy AMA Supercross, an FIM World Championship, television schedule that includes 17 live races, headlined by the first-ever live FOX network broadcast from MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, N.J., on Saturday, April 25.
|
moer
10/21/2014 8:15am

4/25/15

East Rutherford, N.J.

MetLife Stadium

FOX Sports

3:00 p.m.

7 hour tv show or afternoon sx?

JeepnMike
10/21/2014 9:05am
Most on FS1, yippee!! Thanks for sharing!
Ktm240
10/21/2014 9:07am
So I'll be sitting in the stands at NJ watching the race with the sun still out. If so i"m totally cool with that.
Xeno
10/21/2014 9:43am
Nice!

The Shop

MxKing809
Fantasy
334th
10/21/2014 9:48am
It's slowly creeping into the mainstream. This is what we need. Network television, and a majority if FS1. This will only help sell the sport to potential sponsors. Very excited
bish153
10/21/2014 10:06am Edited Date/Time 10/21/2014 11:36am
MxKing809 wrote:
It's slowly creeping into the mainstream. This is what we need. Network television, and a majority if FS1. This will only help sell the sport to...
It's slowly creeping into the mainstream. This is what we need. Network television, and a majority if FS1. This will only help sell the sport to potential sponsors. Very excited
This is excellent news, I can't wait for the amount of tools, douch bags, and assholes we will attract once we "make it mainstream"! Don't we already have enough of these dicks?
thesadguy
10/21/2014 10:14am
MxKing809 wrote:
It's slowly creeping into the mainstream. This is what we need. Network television, and a majority if FS1. This will only help sell the sport to...
bish153 wrote:
This is excellent news, I can't wait for the amount of tools, douch bags, and assholes we will attract once we "make it mainstream"! Don't we...
This is excellent news, I can't wait for the amount of tools, douch bags, and assholes we will attract once we "make it mainstream"! Don't we already have enough of these dicks?
Agreed
10/21/2014 10:20am
moer wrote:

4/25/15

East Rutherford, N.J.

MetLife Stadium

FOX Sports

It's an afternoon race!
mx510
Fantasy
1707th
10/21/2014 11:11am
moer wrote:

4/25/15

East Rutherford, N.J.

MetLife Stadium

FOX Sports

It's an afternoon race!
I might be confused but, I think it's on Fox as well, not Fox sports 1 or 2.
KMC440
10/21/2014 11:29am
An afternoon SX in New Jersey .... the smell of the hair gel oozing onto the guido's leather jackets .... reeks of moto to me.

Remember we were all in the "C" class as fans at one time.
thorns
10/21/2014 12:28pm
Awesome, just hoping we get coverage down under again, last season was well done TV wise, hoping for more of the same.

Anyone know if there will be another season of Behind the scenes? My wife has no interest in supercross, but even she loved watching that series.
peelout
10/21/2014 12:39pm
PLUS it's confirmed Jenny Taft returns!!
best news in the thread
MxKing809
Fantasy
334th
10/21/2014 12:56pm
MxKing809 wrote:
bish153 wrote:
This is excellent news, I can't wait for the amount of tools, douch bags, and assholes we will attract once we "make it mainstream"! Don't we...
I don't care if the KKK and the Black Panthers fill the stadiums, if it brings in big sponsorship like NASCAR I don't care who it attracts.
Spartacus
10/21/2014 1:16pm
MxKing809 wrote:
bish153 wrote:
MxKing809 wrote:
I don't care if the KKK and the Black Panthers fill the stadiums, if it brings in big sponsorship like NASCAR I don't care who it...
I don't care if the KKK and the Black Panthers fill the stadiums, if it brings in big sponsorship like NASCAR I don't care who it attracts.
Please remember you wrote that.
MxKing809
Fantasy
334th
10/21/2014 1:24pm Edited Date/Time 10/21/2014 1:25pm
bish153 wrote:
MxKing809 wrote:
I don't care if the KKK and the Black Panthers fill the stadiums, if it brings in big sponsorship like NASCAR I don't care who it...
Spartacus wrote:
Please remember you wrote that.
Well people are going to complain about the monster truck crowd..... My point is that I don't care who watches and views. It it makes FOX feel it warrants network coverage then I'm happy. I shouldn't have used those two groups, but can we really be selective in who we want to watch? Come on
hiflyer88
10/21/2014 1:31pm
bish153 wrote:
More "posers" mean more money. More money means less pro's riding for under their worth. If you're "core," then you care about privateers, and therefore welcome the expansion of the sport.
Spartacus
10/21/2014 2:28pm
bish153 wrote:
hiflyer88 wrote:
More "posers" mean more money. More money means less pro's riding for under their worth. If you're "core," then you care about privateers, and therefore welcome...
More "posers" mean more money. More money means less pro's riding for under their worth. If you're "core," then you care about privateers, and therefore welcome the expansion of the sport.
Yeah, just look how well the "privateers" do in NASCAR against the power house teams silly
bish153
10/21/2014 2:31pm
bish153 wrote:
hiflyer88 wrote:
More "posers" mean more money. More money means less pro's riding for under their worth. If you're "core," then you care about privateers, and therefore welcome...
Hmmmm, this is a great point. However the more the sport grows (mainstream) the less attendance you will see at the local level, maybe a direct coralation between popularity (expansion) and affordability! Also you are a fool if you think big sponsors and big money will do anything, but push the true privateer further out of the spor
MxKing809
Fantasy
334th
10/21/2014 3:07pm
bish153 wrote:
hiflyer88 wrote:
bish153 wrote:
Hmmmm, this is a great point. However the more the sport grows (mainstream) the less attendance you will see at the local level, maybe a direct...
Hmmmm, this is a great point. However the more the sport grows (mainstream) the less attendance you will see at the local level, maybe a direct coralation between popularity (expansion) and affordability! Also you are a fool if you think big sponsors and big money will do anything, but push the true privateer further out of the spor
Maybe that's the end game. Have 40 factory or factory supported guys on the line every night (22 for SX?). It's almost there now, but would that be so bad? Have anyone who can make a main on factory effort equipment. Thats what it seems with NASCAR, every guy out there earned his ride in the amateur circuits, and once he made the big time.... It was on a full fledged effort. I think that would be awesome in SX. Maybe not MX
bish153
10/21/2014 3:50pm
I doubt many riders are going to turn down sponsorship money just so they can retain the title "privateer".
I don't see how this comment is relevant to the conversation?
aaryn #234
Fantasy
2475th
10/21/2014 4:20pm
thorns wrote:
Awesome, just hoping we get coverage down under again, last season was well done TV wise, hoping for more of the same. Anyone know if there...
Awesome, just hoping we get coverage down under again, last season was well done TV wise, hoping for more of the same.

Anyone know if there will be another season of Behind the scenes? My wife has no interest in supercross, but even she loved watching that series.
We are getting them in Aus according to the PR Smile , hopefully you Kiwi's will get them as well.
j368
10/21/2014 6:41pm
Possible that it could be moved to MavTV.
hiflyer88
10/21/2014 10:29pm
hiflyer88 wrote:
bish153 wrote:
Hmmmm, this is a great point. However the more the sport grows (mainstream) the less attendance you will see at the local level, maybe a direct...
MxKing809 wrote:
Maybe that's the end game. Have 40 factory or factory supported guys on the line every night (22 for SX?). It's almost there now, but would...
Maybe that's the end game. Have 40 factory or factory supported guys on the line every night (22 for SX?). It's almost there now, but would that be so bad? Have anyone who can make a main on factory effort equipment. Thats what it seems with NASCAR, every guy out there earned his ride in the amateur circuits, and once he made the big time.... It was on a full fledged effort. I think that would be awesome in SX. Maybe not MX
I agree MxKing809. It's the difference between Freddie Noren and Derek Anderson. Comparable talents, one gets a break and the other doesn't, look at the impact on their career directions. All of these guys have been standouts growing up, put their families through hell and back, and if they are top 10-40 they are all very close in talent. And all have made the same level of sacrifice. Yet not all, in fact very few, get to really showcase their talent. Being a privateer is badass but it's a setup for failure in terms of who and what they're competing against. Weston Peick is an anomaly.

My point is, doubling the guys who can have a stable environment in which they prepare themselves for battle in the most demanding sport in the world is a scenario in which I am on board with. If it means getting more ignoramus's at the stadiums and talking to guys like us at the water cooler about last weekend's race then so be it.
hiflyer88
10/21/2014 10:40pm
bish153 wrote:
To your last point, how so? The AMA/Feld will certainly still take the privateer entry fees. More money doesn't change who the top 22 and 40 guys are on a lap sheet. So the same guys who have day jobs can still do the lcq's and B practices and still be watching the main racing from the stands like always. The difference is, Killian Rusk and Jimmy Albertson don't have to struggle all year with being racer/financer/transporter/etc. They can be racers. And watch the gap between no.1 and no.40 tighten up, and watch more amateur talents stick with the sport because top 15 means a living, and the gap tighten up even more.

And I don't know why more semi trucks in the pro pits affects me going to my local race. If anything, there will be more media and therefore more exposure to attract average people and our local tracks will have more entries.
Brent
10/21/2014 10:54pm
Thats great, but remember,there isn't too much going on in other sports on an Saturday in April, it's not like they had a lot of other content to go in the slot anyway besides local programming and infomercials.
MxKing809
Fantasy
334th
10/22/2014 4:16am Edited Date/Time 10/22/2014 4:18am
Brent wrote:
Thats great, but remember,there isn't too much going on in other sports on an Saturday in April, it's not like they had a lot of other...
Thats great, but remember,there isn't too much going on in other sports on an Saturday in April, it's not like they had a lot of other content to go in the slot anyway besides local programming and infomercials.
True. I'm not going to complain though. If I was a team owner I would put the fact that our race in NY is on FOX in EVERY sales pitch I ever did to potential sponsors... It's a major selling point regardless of what we were/weren't up against for the broadcast slot.
YZ324
10/22/2014 7:26am
PLUS it's confirmed Jenny Taft returns!!
peelout wrote:
best news in the thread
No disrespect to the other ladies but I am digging Jenny too! I thought Georgia did a good job this Summer as well.

Post a reply to: First Ever Race on FOX Broadcast Network Headlines The 2015 Monster Energy Supercross TV Schedule

The Latest