Firestick, outdoors and other fun stuff ?'s

kzizok
Fantasy
1859th
5/7/2016 4:34pm Edited Date/Time 5/12/2016 12:48pm
Gonna cut the cord at some point. Thinking iabiut doing it between tonights final sx and first outdoor. I should have enough time to get it all set up and get the bugs out.

I think the way to go is the firestick, KODI. So does anyone know if the outdoors will be watchable with this combo?

|
2T42
5/9/2016 7:58am Edited Date/Time 5/9/2016 7:59am
I can. With Kodi and other good apps installed ready to go.

Kzizok. Turn on your messaging.
MR. X
5/9/2016 8:01am
I was gonna get rid of direct tv for a stick but over the weekend ,we found out we get 80 dollars off our AT&T phone bill if we have direct tv ,I'd have to do the numbers again and see if it's even worth it now to get rid of it.
race250r
5/9/2016 8:08am
I just canceled my directv and could use some pointers on getting the Nat's this summer. Do any of these fire sticks work? Or only certain ones?

The Shop

5/9/2016 8:47am
I cut the cord. While ago and have been living on net flix and fox sport go app.

Will outdoors be on fox?
cali11
5/9/2016 8:48am
MR. X wrote:
I was gonna get rid of direct tv for a stick but over the weekend ,we found out we get 80 dollars off our AT&T phone...
I was gonna get rid of direct tv for a stick but over the weekend ,we found out we get 80 dollars off our AT&T phone bill if we have direct tv ,I'd have to do the numbers again and see if it's even worth it now to get rid of it.
Can you tell me more about this? I have Direct TV (under 2 yr contract) and ATT wifi & cell. I heard somthing about unlimited data if you have Direct and ATT cell?
SEE ARE125
5/9/2016 8:49am
Here's a couple different options.

On my Roku you can get the NBCSports app and watch live if you log in with a TV provider, or you can watch it later(usually that evening) with no TV provider needed(this is what I do because I'm usually busy during the day).

You can also get the Lucas Racing TV app on your computer, Roku, or Amazon Fire TV/Fire TV Stick, which allows you to watch it live or later, and the cost is $4.99/mo with 1yr agreement, or $6.99/mo if you don't want a 1yr agreement. 4 motos per day for 4 Saturdays a month, it breaks down to $0.31-$0.38 per moto depending on if you get the $5 plan or the $7 plan.

cali11
5/9/2016 8:53am
race250r wrote:
I just canceled my directv and could use some pointers on getting the Nat's this summer. Do any of these fire sticks work? Or only certain...
I just canceled my directv and could use some pointers on getting the Nat's this summer. Do any of these fire sticks work? Or only certain ones?
I have had pretty good luck with the firestick. Mostly just use it for tv shows and movies. I did watch the fight the other night and it was not too bad. Buffed a bit but was watchable. UK Turks has app, has live tv and I've messed with it a bit. Just make sure you have pretty fast wifi. I'm suppose to be getting 75k, but when I do a wifi check it's usually around 35-45k.
MR. X
5/9/2016 9:11am
cali11 wrote:
Can you tell me more about this? I have Direct TV (under 2 yr contract) and ATT wifi & cell. I heard somthing about unlimited data...
Can you tell me more about this? I have Direct TV (under 2 yr contract) and ATT wifi & cell. I heard somthing about unlimited data if you have Direct and ATT cell?
I stopped in to get my trail camera activated and some how the guy brought it up, we have 5 lines on one contract and between the over charges every month (usually from me) and the discount ,our bill was 80 dollars cheaper by switching. We didn't have to show proof of having directTV, he said they will check that out for themselves.
kzizok
Fantasy
1859th
5/9/2016 9:18am
2T42 wrote:
I can. With Kodi and other good apps installed ready to go.

Kzizok. Turn on your messaging.
I went to my profile and clicked on the messaging area. I hope I did it correctly.
logan_140
5/9/2016 9:23am
I have the PlayStation vue $40 a month no contract
CrGuy2T
Fantasy
3665th
5/9/2016 9:26am
I have firestick. It's not that great. Lots of low resolution stuff. Also lots of buffering, even with good internet. I can get everything mostly, but not gonna shut the satellite of yet.
dsmith
Fantasy
1294th
5/9/2016 9:43am
I moved my wifi box right next the firestick...and it is a huge improvement in "not buffering" and streaming live....
goinrcn44h
Fantasy
735th
5/9/2016 9:51am
The fire TV box is much better as it has a way better processor.
use Kodi and sports devil.
sesker15
5/9/2016 9:57am
How about one of those Unlocked FireSticks that folks sell on ebay? Does anyone have one of those?
500guy
5/9/2016 10:06am
sesker15 wrote:
How about one of those Unlocked FireSticks that folks sell on ebay? Does anyone have one of those?
you can buy a firestick and jail break it yourself , all that does is allows you to download the KODI app and then the platforms to get the free content.

I have watched movies and some TV shows but have not figured out the live TV aspect of it yet.
hvaughn88
5/9/2016 10:11am
sesker15 wrote:
500guy wrote:
you can buy a firestick and jail break it yourself , all that does is allows you to download the KODI app and then the platforms...
you can buy a firestick and jail break it yourself , all that does is allows you to download the KODI app and then the platforms to get the free content.

I have watched movies and some TV shows but have not figured out the live TV aspect of it yet.
same here. I bought a jailbroken one. I have no idea how to do live TV on it
dsmith
Fantasy
1294th
5/9/2016 10:58am Edited Date/Time 5/9/2016 10:59am
sesker15 wrote:
500guy wrote:
you can buy a firestick and jail break it yourself , all that does is allows you to download the KODI app and then the platforms...

there are many ways to watch live tv on firestick..here is one way ....goto sportsdevil ....click live tv...select s2 (you can choose any of them links)....select what channel you want to watch...for example...lifetime or bravo...if you don't see the channel your looking for...hit back button and select a different link and look for your channel...
PressPassP
5/9/2016 8:40pm
sesker15 wrote:
500guy wrote:

hvaughn88 wrote:
I'm not sure about the US versions but I've installed Kodi on a bunch of standard ones here with no problems,,installing add-ons is ok but installing a build has a whole load of them set up and laid out,if one add-on fails another should work,it's seems complicated at first but follow a YouTube tutorial to walk through the install of Kodi,then setting up Kodi (try Husham Memar)

I've had android boxes myself,they're way better,faster,more storage etc,the cheaper ones like the M8S are fne but I've had the MINIX NEO X8-H Plus for a while and can watch pretty much anything,anywhere in the world,US channels like FOX 1 Supercross in HD isn't a problem for example from the UK.I usually install a new build if some of the links to the streams are failing,people come up with new updated add-ons all of the time

http://www.amazon.com/Minix-X8-PLUS-Streaming-Player/dp/B00SRI8YRI?ie=U…

twnorton
5/10/2016 6:28am
500guy wrote:

hvaughn88 wrote:
PressPassP wrote:
I'm not sure about the US versions but I've installed Kodi on a bunch of standard ones here with no problems,,installing add-ons is ok but installing...
I'm not sure about the US versions but I've installed Kodi on a bunch of standard ones here with no problems,,installing add-ons is ok but installing a build has a whole load of them set up and laid out,if one add-on fails another should work,it's seems complicated at first but follow a YouTube tutorial to walk through the install of Kodi,then setting up Kodi (try Husham Memar)

I've had android boxes myself,they're way better,faster,more storage etc,the cheaper ones like the M8S are fne but I've had the MINIX NEO X8-H Plus for a while and can watch pretty much anything,anywhere in the world,US channels like FOX 1 Supercross in HD isn't a problem for example from the UK.I usually install a new build if some of the links to the streams are failing,people come up with new updated add-ons all of the time

can you do netflix and hulu off of the minix? I ditched cable about a year ago and just have those 2 now. It would be nice to get rid of both of those subscriptions too if I could get them somewhere else like a minix
bartoner
5/10/2016 8:23am
I have had a firestick since Christmas...and I am not sold on it enough to cut the cord on my satellite...its good to watch movies on, football games that aren't televised, and some pay-per-view stuff...but its kind of a pain to navigate, its not a matter of just turning it on and flipping to a station, you have to fumble thru a couple of screens to try to find things, if your wifi is acting slow then so is your tv, and also, there is no DVR to record what you miss...that's my thoughts on it..
hvaughn88
5/10/2016 8:32am
Speaking for myself, I think the only thing keeping me from cutting the cord completely is that quite frankly, I'm just too stupid to figure out the alternatives. The ability to turn on the tv and flip through channels is still really easy to do. I have the firestick and like others, it can be glitchy and a little bit awkward to navigate and get ironed out. For someone who has the knowledge and know-how to get the best performance out of these items, it's probably a no-brainer and super easy to enhance/fix. But for technological cavemen like myself, it can be a bit daunting. Idiots like me are probably what's keeping the cable companies in business.
Dezerted
5/10/2016 8:47am
hvaughn88 wrote:
Speaking for myself, I think the only thing keeping me from cutting the cord completely is that quite frankly, I'm just too stupid to figure out...
Speaking for myself, I think the only thing keeping me from cutting the cord completely is that quite frankly, I'm just too stupid to figure out the alternatives. The ability to turn on the tv and flip through channels is still really easy to do. I have the firestick and like others, it can be glitchy and a little bit awkward to navigate and get ironed out. For someone who has the knowledge and know-how to get the best performance out of these items, it's probably a no-brainer and super easy to enhance/fix. But for technological cavemen like myself, it can be a bit daunting. Idiots like me are probably what's keeping the cable companies in business.
I'm the same.. I just want to plug it in and go. I have cable and appletv and I plug them in and go.
Markee
Fantasy
2006th
5/10/2016 9:45am
If firestick and Kodi works about as good as these off the wall supercross FS1 streams, no thanks.

Now I've always been willing to pay per view for my races, I cut the cord years ago, glad to read and learn about the Lucas Oil Racing TV app, going to get that try for outdoors live.
5/10/2016 4:34pm
I overheard a conversation at the track one Saturday about one guy saying he had the apple tv device and got both motos aired live through it. can anyone else confirm that?
PressPassP
5/10/2016 6:01pm
hvaughn88 wrote:
PressPassP wrote:
I'm not sure about the US versions but I've installed Kodi on a bunch of standard ones here with no problems,,installing add-ons is ok but installing...

twnorton wrote:
can you do netflix and hulu off of the minix? I ditched cable about a year ago and just have those 2 now. It would be...
can you do netflix and hulu off of the minix? I ditched cable about a year ago and just have those 2 now. It would be nice to get rid of both of those subscriptions too if I could get them somewhere else like a minix
Yes Hulu is on one of my boxes,I've used it before,there are about 8 or so full movie sites on there, 123 Movies and Specto are what I use most though,you can get all the Netflix stuff but everything and so much more of the latest stuff is there anyway.

Potts
5/10/2016 7:05pm Edited Date/Time 5/10/2016 7:06pm
kzizok wrote:
Gonna cut the cord at some point. Thinking iabiut doing it between tonights final sx and first outdoor. I should have enough time to get it...
Gonna cut the cord at some point. Thinking iabiut doing it between tonights final sx and first outdoor. I should have enough time to get it all set up and get the bugs out.

I think the way to go is the firestick, KODI. So does anyone know if the outdoors will be watchable with this combo?

I also cut the cord about a year ago. I own Apple TVs, Rokus, Fire TVs and also tried a Matricom Android Box (sold this in a month or two). The best I have found is the Fire TV with Kodi side loaded. I do pay for Netflix, Hulu, HBO Go and Play Station Vue. With all of this it was still hard to find a dependable source to watch Moto! In Kodi there is an AMA Moto Add On but this does not stream the races live.

I chose Play Station Vue since I can get FS1 and FS2. There is an add on in Kodi that lets you get this but is seems to be unreliable and poor quality streams.

For the Nationals it is going to be a challenge since this is on MAV TV and NBCSN I will be searching for a way to stream this and I will update on this if I find a reliable way. Some of the races are on promotocross.com so these can be streamed on your phone and then connected to the Fire TV.

All of this isn't perfect but it's a work in progress!! :-)

PS. I am selling off the Apple TVs and Rokus. The Fire TVs, for me, give me more choices.

PressPassP
5/11/2016 1:07am
kzizok wrote:
Gonna cut the cord at some point. Thinking iabiut doing it between tonights final sx and first outdoor. I should have enough time to get it...

Potts wrote:
I also cut the cord about a year ago. I own Apple TVs, Rokus, Fire TVs and also tried a Matricom Android Box (sold this in...
I also cut the cord about a year ago. I own Apple TVs, Rokus, Fire TVs and also tried a Matricom Android Box (sold this in a month or two). The best I have found is the Fire TV with Kodi side loaded. I do pay for Netflix, Hulu, HBO Go and Play Station Vue. With all of this it was still hard to find a dependable source to watch Moto! In Kodi there is an AMA Moto Add On but this does not stream the races live.

I chose Play Station Vue since I can get FS1 and FS2. There is an add on in Kodi that lets you get this but is seems to be unreliable and poor quality streams.

For the Nationals it is going to be a challenge since this is on MAV TV and NBCSN I will be searching for a way to stream this and I will update on this if I find a reliable way. Some of the races are on promotocross.com so these can be streamed on your phone and then connected to the Fire TV.

All of this isn't perfect but it's a work in progress!! :-)

PS. I am selling off the Apple TVs and Rokus. The Fire TVs, for me, give me more choices.

Are you sourcing the existing Kodi add-ons and repositories? If you are they're crap,currently I downloaded the Ares Wizard then The Beast build,it's one of hundreds on the Ares Wizard,I have at least 30 -40 different streams for FS1 and FS2 for example,same with virtually every sport channel

The movie add-ons are all showing many of the latest films currently on in cinemas,I'm not sure what Netflix show but on a quick look at their catalogue it seemed lacking

You can also add apps like Movie HD,Showbox,Mobdro etc to watch without opening Kodi,I have all of these and Kodi installedo n an HTC One phone too and sometimes stream it to the tv in another room via a Google Chromecast if the lounge tv is being used

Technology is baffling at times,it's a case of figuring out the easiest and/or best way to go ehDizzy
kzizok
Fantasy
1859th
5/11/2016 4:18am
bartoner wrote:
I have had a firestick since Christmas...and I am not sold on it enough to cut the cord on my satellite...its good to watch movies on...
I have had a firestick since Christmas...and I am not sold on it enough to cut the cord on my satellite...its good to watch movies on, football games that aren't televised, and some pay-per-view stuff...but its kind of a pain to navigate, its not a matter of just turning it on and flipping to a station, you have to fumble thru a couple of screens to try to find things, if your wifi is acting slow then so is your tv, and also, there is no DVR to record what you miss...that's my thoughts on it..
This is good info to me. Perhaps a combination of playstation vue and firestick. Vue gets you live TV for around $35 and then you can use the firestick for movies, etc. Im just sick of paying a small fortune every month for cable.
Cygnus
5/11/2016 4:41am
Was Gonna go fire stick and drop the direct. Then found out about the att deal and now my bil is around 50 instead of 120. My internet is so bad. Just don't think I can get by. 1.45 mbs ain't gonna cut it. Life in the boonies.

Post a reply to: Firestick, outdoors and other fun stuff ?'s

The Latest