Firepower Batteries? Was BTO the "Factory Team" that used them?

tprice07
Edited Date/Time 2/28/2019 7:26am
On PulpMX Matthes mentioned firepower was a brand once used by a factory team....anyone know what factory team uses/used them?
|
Jrewing
2/26/2019 1:42pm
Isn't it a WPS brand? Pulp is turning in a massive commercial for them.
See me in jeans and boots before Fly gear. Jeff Goldblum would wear Fly
tprice07
2/26/2019 2:01pm Edited Date/Time 2/26/2019 2:01pm
Jrewing wrote:
Isn't it a WPS brand? Pulp is turning in a massive commercial for them. See me in jeans and boots before Fly gear. Jeff Goldblum would...
It's possible. Pulp does have a lot of ads...I typically listen to the archive so i just skip over them...I think he would benefit from shorter ads...but they are doing a 4 hour show so I understand they need a break anyhow.

I just found it odd that he doesn't say...used by Factory Yamaha or something...it seems counter productive to state it was previously used by one of the factory teams. Why doesn't that team still use it? Was it because they were linked to burning the BTO rig down?
2/27/2019 4:16pm
They were very quick to market on the ktm battery on the 15.5 bike

It wouldnt surprise me if actual ktm factory used them until a vendor product showed

The Shop

TymeMoto
2/27/2019 5:37pm
Jrewing wrote:
Isn't it a WPS brand? Pulp is turning in a massive commercial for them. See me in jeans and boots before Fly gear. Jeff Goldblum would...
I’ll never wear fly because I can’t stand JT.
2/27/2019 6:04pm
tprice07 wrote:
On PulpMX Matthes mentioned firepower was a brand once used by a factory team....anyone know what factory team uses/used them?
No, the Fire Power batteries did not start that fire. That was from the older style Samsung lithium batteries that used to come OE in the bikes. The BTO team used to replace the Samsung battery with the FP battery. After all that took place KTM found the manufacturer that Fire Power uses and now uses the same factory. Fire Power is a less expensive and more powerful OE replacement for KTM/Husky among others. Ben LaMay is running the Fire Power products this season, they seem to be doing well.
smoothwakey
Fantasy
144th
2/27/2019 6:24pm
tprice07 wrote:
No, the Fire Power batteries did not start that fire. That was from the older style Samsung lithium batteries that used to come OE in the...
No, the Fire Power batteries did not start that fire. That was from the older style Samsung lithium batteries that used to come OE in the bikes. The BTO team used to replace the Samsung battery with the FP battery. After all that took place KTM found the manufacturer that Fire Power uses and now uses the same factory. Fire Power is a less expensive and more powerful OE replacement for KTM/Husky among others. Ben LaMay is running the Fire Power products this season, they seem to be doing well.
How long have you worked for Fire Power/WPS?
tprice07
2/27/2019 7:13pm
tprice07 wrote:
No, the Fire Power batteries did not start that fire. That was from the older style Samsung lithium batteries that used to come OE in the...
How long have you worked for Fire Power/WPS?
He does actually work as a brand sales manager for firepower. I respect him for using his real name and clarifying info.

I couldn’t figure out why Matthes didn’t straight up say what factory team used them. I’m on an 08 Crf450 so it doesn’t really matter to me I was just curious.

tprice07
2/27/2019 7:17pm
Jrewing wrote:
TymeMoto wrote:
What did he do to you?
Adam43
2/27/2019 7:41pm
Kick your bike like a real man, no buying batteries like some kind of Democrat.
2/27/2019 7:54pm
Adam43 wrote:
Kick your bike like a real man, no buying batteries like some kind of Democrat.
Hahahahaha! That’s good stuff! Don’t worry, I’m the Fire Power guy and I still have a kick bike too! The chain is awesome as well. ??
TymeMoto
2/27/2019 8:06pm
tprice07 wrote:
What did he do to you?
Just gets on my nerves on Pulp
thall767
2/28/2019 7:26am
Jrewing wrote:
TymeMoto wrote:
I would wear Fly because of JT!
2/28/2019 9:47am
I just ordered a replacement battery, to replace my old WPS Light weight battery.
To my surprise it has a very small WPS logo but “Firepower” large across the face.
FYI: I don’t wear Fly and I’m not Democrat.

Ghost

Post a reply to: Firepower Batteries? Was BTO the "Factory Team" that used them?

The Latest