Finding your first new bike

Related:
Create New Tag

8/6/2018 7:37 AM

Whats the chances of finding your first bike you ever bought brand new .I just did i have been looking for the last 30 years and a couple of freinds found it on an auction sight 1974 penton 250 world chapion the reason they new it was mine is because it still had the rear shocks on it that were built from the front forks .I bought it back @ an the auction saturday only 1 person bid against me and that was just for fun i paid less than what the fuel tank is worth .It still has my original AMA number from back then 911 . Photo
Photo

|

RHC

8/6/2018 7:47 AM

Dude, thanks pretty cool. Really wish I could find my first bike '74 Kawasaki G4.

|

8/6/2018 7:51 AM

Ok better! What are you going to do with it now ?

|

GP740
Since 1987

8/6/2018 9:02 AM

I like it. More photos of your rear suspension setup please. Are those the magnesium Zoke's on it up front?

|

8/6/2018 9:05 AM

GeorgiePorgie wrote:

Ok better! What are you going to do with it now ?

restore it back like it was when i raced

|

RHC

8/6/2018 9:11 AM

newmann wrote:

I like it. More photos of your rear suspension setup please. Are those the magnesium Zoke's on it up front?

the forks are the cerianis magnesium when i built the bike it had the ribbed cherianis on it i turned them into the shock i cut off the tubes and machined internal threads and made new caps i could not run springs in them i welded up 1 dapening hole and used 30 weight for oil i ran over 100 #s of air pressure i think it was 130 all i know is i kept adjusting the pressure and testing through woops and when i got to a certain pressure it worked i will take more pictures

|

RHC