btn
btn
1 of 2
Related:
Create New Tag
GuyB GuyB
9/18/2018 10:01 AM

ELLENTON, Fla., (Sept. 18, 2018) – The 17-round schedule for the 2019 season of Monster Energy AMA Supercross, an FIM World Championship, will deepen its live event footprint with new and returning markets and the debut of Supercross Futures, an AMA Amateur National Championship.

Highlights of the reinvigorated 2019 schedule include the notable addition of Nashville’s Nissan Stadium for the first time in the sport’s 45-year history before swinging through Denver’s Broncos Stadium at Mile High for the first time since 1996. The series will commence at Angel Stadium in Anaheim, Calif., which has hosted the most rounds in the history of Supercross, and continues virtually nonstop, returning to Ford Field in Detroit, Mich. and MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, N.J., which were both last on the schedule in 2017.

?rel=0" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media

“We’re continuing to improve the fan experience and live entertainment aspect of the sport by using state-of-the-art technology, from spidercam footage and live heart rate monitor displays, to featuring a festival-like atmosphere in the paddock,” said Dave Prater, Senior Director of Operations for Two-Wheel, Feld Entertainment. “As we head into 2019 with a brand-new defending champion for the first time in four years, Jason Anderson will certainly be the one to watch. That, combined with the sport’s first-ever developmental platform for Supercross amateur racing, will ultimately set the stage for years to come.”

Jason Anderson secured his first-career 450SX Class Championship at the final round of the 2018 season on May 5, which also marked the first 450SX Class Championship for Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing.

All tickets for the 2019 season will go on sale on Tuesday, October 23 with a presale date of Tuesday, October 9.

“The 2018 season proved once again that Supercross is a very exciting sport. It kept us on the edge of our seats until the final round in Las Vegas,” stated FIM President, Vito Ippolito. “Supercross is also a demanding discipline and one that brings the best out of the riders and their teams. But most of all, it is an unpredictable sport that can take us all by surprise! Much kudos goes to the 2018 AMA Supercross FIM World Champion Jason Anderson, who is a worthy successor to Ryan Dungey. We are looking forward to a successful 2019 season with a curtain raiser in Anaheim next January and a final act in Las Vegas in May.”

To continue shaking up the competition while maximizing the importance of earning every point toward the overall championship, the 2019 schedule will once again feature three fan-favorite Triple Crown events and two East-West Showdowns, which will be revealed on October 23 when tickets go on sale. Monster Energy Kawasaki’s Eli Tomac will look to defend his inaugural premier class championship within a championship as the Triple Crown pits riders in each class against each other in three Main Events, adding to the super competitiveness of the series.

Supercross Futures, an AMA National Championship, will build upon the success of 2018’s four Supercross amateur racing events with Glendale being the first of eight beginning on January 13, 2019. The innovative concept will provide even greater access to the sport’s largest stage and help to foster a professional learning environment for budding amateur athletes earlier in their careers, while enabling top amateurs to earn Road to Supercross points toward their professional AMA Supercross license. Supercross Futures events will take place on Sunday directly following Saturday’s professional events with the championship being held October 20-21, 2019 after the Monster Energy Cup on October 19 in Las Vegas.

Photo

“AMA Supercross is among the most impressive displays of two-wheeled motorsports in the world, and for many amateur AMA racers, it represents the pinnacle of their competitive dreams,” said AMA President and CEO, Rob Dingman. “Since the first AMA Supercross Champion was crowned in 1974, the sport and spectacle have grown and evolved, thanks in large part to the close cooperation with our promoting partner, Feld Motor Sports. Generations of some of the world’s greatest motorcycle racers have held high the AMA Supercross No. 1 plate, and I can’t wait to see who earns that honor in 2019.”

Before the 2019 season officially begins, the sport’s top athletes will battle it out in Las Vegas on October 13 at the invite-only all-star event – the Monster Energy Cup. Following a second-place 450SX Class finish in 2018, Red Bull KTM Factory Racing’s Marvin Musquin will return to Sam Boyd Stadium and attempt to defend his 2017 Monster Energy Cup title. If successful, Musquin will become the first athlete to ever win the “Monster Million” twice. Catch all the action live on FS2 or via the FOX Sports GO app at 6:30 p.m. PT, or visit SupercrossLIVE.com to purchase tickets.

For the third consecutive year, Supercross Video Pass will provide live and Video On Demand (VOD) access to fans outside of the U.S. The 2019 Supercross Video Pass will include 240+ hours of heart pumping, on-demand video archives from the previous four seasons. Fans who purchase the 2019 Supercross Video Pass before October 13 will receive access to the 2018 Monster Energy Cup. Visit supercrosslive.tv and signup to be notified once the purchase period begins.

For more information, log on to SupercrossLIVE.com, the official website of Monster Energy Supercross, or follow via social channels:
• Facebook: facebook.com/supercrosslive
• Twitter: twitter.com/supercrosslive
• Instagram: instagram.com/supercrosslive
• YouTube:
ve
CozMan CozMan
9/18/2018 10:09 AM

hmm. So they put out PR announcing the new schedule, but then forgot to put the schedule in the PR? :-)

Donovan759 Donovan759
9/18/2018 10:12 AM

Looking forward to a great supercross season. Hopefully everyone can stay healthy.

murph783 murph783
9/18/2018 10:13 AM

Assuming they’ll announce the supercross futures rounds too?

RPM Performance
CT

Xeno Xeno
9/18/2018 10:20 AM
Photo

Instagram: @motoxeno

Premium Off-Road Products: www.jcrspeedshop.com

VicDaMoan03 VicDaMoan03
9/18/2018 10:21 AM

Isn't Denver still pretty cold in April with possible snow?

MX Guy MX Guy
9/18/2018 10:22 AM

See y’all at Anaheim

RichieW13 RichieW13
9/18/2018 10:26 AM
VicDaMoan03 wrote:

Isn't Denver still pretty ...more

Oh no, here we go again.

lostboy819 lostboy819
9/18/2018 10:34 AM
VicDaMoan03 wrote:

I have seen snow in June in Denver but by March and April I already have my sprinklers on and my grass is green.Its not cold so it melts when it hits the ground or just sticks in the grass or trees, March and April are the best racing months. Weather in Denver is the reason I stay. Yes you can get a blizzard any time but I can wear shorts and tee shirt almost year round. Get some cold weeks in Jan and Feb but other than that its awesome weather and local racing usually starts in February.

Ed Johnson

JeepnMike JeepnMike
9/18/2018 10:37 AM

Why they keep moving Seattle to earlier and earlier dates is beyond me. I am sure there is logic somewhere, but every day they move it earlier almost guarantees a mudder, maybe that is the point.

lostboy819 lostboy819
9/18/2018 10:41 AM
VicDaMoan03 wrote:

RichieW13 wrote:

Oh no, here we go again.

LOL At least Vic is asking and not like Racer111 dude from North Carolina who is telling us all about the weather and altitude here in Denver, doubt he had ever even been here. laughing laughing

Ed Johnson

craigathan404 craigathan404
9/18/2018 10:42 AM
JeepnMike wrote:

Why they keep moving ...more

That could be the only reason. Anyone who lives in the NW will tell them it’s WAY too early for an SX race. So maybe they think they need a mud race to make it a well rounded championship.

Regardless, it sucks for us up here. Too bad. I’ll enjoy flying to Phoenix and soaking up the sun instead of driving 5 hours to Seattle to get rained on for 3 days straight.

MotoCoUSA MotoCoUSA
9/18/2018 10:46 AM
VicDaMoan03 wrote:

lostboy819 wrote:

I have seen snow in June ...more

This, I was waiting for the 'weather in Denver' to come up. I'm pumped we don't have to travel to see a race this year! The weather on the front range is great (except for the hail) except for a few weeks and the random snowstorms sometimes. Other than that, pretty much ride all year long.

KirkChandler KirkChandler
9/18/2018 10:46 AM

Which rounds are triple crowns? If they are doing it this year or not.

Mm471 Mm471
9/18/2018 10:49 AM

Anderson Probobaly isn’t thrilled about the addition of Denver with his altitude history

RichieW13 RichieW13
9/18/2018 10:58 AM
KirkChandler wrote:

Which rounds are triple ...more

In the release, they mention they will announce those dates on October 9.

GuyB GuyB
9/18/2018 10:59 AM
VicDaMoan03 wrote:

And we also saw snow in SLC in April.

First world problems. wink

Btro317 Btro317
9/18/2018 10:59 AM
murph783 wrote:

Assuming they’ll announce ...more

Photo
lostboy819 lostboy819
9/18/2018 11:02 AM
VicDaMoan03 wrote:

lostboy819 wrote:

MotoCoUSA wrote:

This, I was waiting for ...more

We need to quit talking about the great weather in Colorado, we don't want the secret out and any more people moving here. wink

Ed Johnson

BR8ES BR8ES
9/18/2018 11:02 AM

Looking forward to Denver, gonna be great!

vomiting equals disqualification.

MotoCoUSA MotoCoUSA
9/18/2018 11:06 AM
lostboy819 wrote:

MotoCoUSA wrote:

This, I was waiting for ...more

lostboy819 wrote:

We need to quit talking ...more

Very true, way too many people coming here.... although I'm not from here either like most people who live here.

seth505 seth505
9/18/2018 11:17 AM

Sweet, they are racing here in California!

laughing

Btro317 Btro317
9/18/2018 11:20 AM
seth505 wrote:

Sweet, they are racing ...more

No Anaheim III???? Are you kidding me???? laughing

mxrose3 mxrose3
9/18/2018 11:29 AM

So what happened with the rumored Philly SX?

Lightning78 Lightning78
9/18/2018 11:33 AM

Wow ...that is a LOT of back and forth across the country

Matt Wozney Matt Wozney
9/18/2018 11:36 AM

Big question is.....who's broadcasting this whole deal.....

From dirt bikes to dirty strikes! Bowl on PBA tour @wozbowls. Oh...and I'm MXPTV.

abomination abomination
9/18/2018 11:49 AM

couldn't hold off any longer and booked some travel 2 weeks ago assuming oakland would be feb 2 like the past few years. would've bought for sure regardless of date had there not been this long delay. now i'll be force to miss it.

i also attend st. louis and salt lake, so this whole thing is a bummer (but i get it).

KDXGarage KDXGarage
9/18/2018 12:05 PM

YES!

Thanks for posting that.

jeffro503 jeffro503
9/18/2018 12:07 PM

Damn! Seattle SX still in March!! angry

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

jeffro503 jeffro503
9/18/2018 12:08 PM
JeepnMike wrote:

Why they keep moving ...more

craigathan404 wrote:

That could be the only ...more

Exactly Craig!

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

btn
btn
1 of 2

Post a Reply

Cool Wink Smile Tongue Laughing Shocked Sick Angry Blink Sad Unsure Kissing Woohoo Grinning Silly Pinch Sideways Whistling Evil Dizzy Blush Cheerful Huh Dry