Filthy Phil vs. MA800

visser62
7/25/2019 10:23am
Act like a D B? ET3, no. MM25, no. CW2, Only every time somebody touches him.
captmoto wrote:
But he leaves it on the track. Doesn't go chasing people down on the track to threaten to kill anyone.
I have no idea why there's a perception that Cooper is a crybaby. I can't recall seeing him ever act immature or petty off the track. The guy just rides aggressively and doesn't like to lose, but he's always composed once the race is over.
7/25/2019 10:41am
FortyHat wrote:
Yeah probably, but he said on the podcast this week that Phil shouldn't have done what he did, and he told him that directly on the...
Yeah probably, but he said on the podcast this week that Phil shouldn't have done what he did, and he told him that directly on the phone. The only thing he really sided with Phil on was that the DQ was too harsh, which I tend to agree with. I guess they feel like they need to set an example though
DQ is too light for threatening to kill someone. Boot him for the remainder of the series so he spent some time thinking about it.
While I agree that threatening people is not cool, I’m sure everyone, including Mike know he wouldn’t actually kill him. Mike didn’t even look intimidated TBH
That's not the point...
Matthes
7/25/2019 11:13am
TW85 wrote:
Phil was wrong and shouldn’t of said what he did. The penalty should be a fine and probabtion then everyone move on. It wasn’t the first...
Phil was wrong and shouldn’t of said what he did. The penalty should be a fine and probabtion then everyone move on.

It wasn’t the first time or the last time a professional athlete has dropped that line in the heat of the moment. Not a big deal.
Pretty much and I would add that the officials fined Mike for his racing tactics after that pass which doesn't excuse Phil's words, it does explain his anger.
KennyT
Fantasy
280th
7/25/2019 3:34pm Edited Date/Time 7/25/2019 4:16pm
FortyHat wrote:
I love TeamGreen's post with the screen capture breakdown, because it show's how much of a "racing incident" that specific altercation was. But according to Matthes...
I love TeamGreen's post with the screen capture breakdown, because it show's how much of a "racing incident" that specific altercation was.

But according to Matthes there was other stuff going on later in the race before Phil passed Mike back. Plus whatever history they have, Phil being a typical guy from NY and all the baggage that brings. All that shit piled onto itself resulted in Phil going full postal in the pits, being inappropriate in the grand scheme of things, but many of us have been there and can empathize with acting like an idiot in the heat of the moment. I've done a lot worse and I'm not glad about it in hindsight.

That said, I actually like both of these riders for different reasons, and this won't affect Alessi at all going forward. I'm bummed though that it might affect the support that Phil gets in the future. But if that's the case, he brought it on himself.
Situations like this hurt Matthes’ credibility. He complains about other media members trying to be buddies with riders but he clearly has a bias toward Phil...
Situations like this hurt Matthes’ credibility.

He complains about other media members trying to be buddies with riders but he clearly has a bias toward Phil here.
Yeah I agree. That article was heavily biased. We have enough of that crap with mainstream news, we sure don’t need it in moto. Put your personnel feelings aside and give a honest report

The Shop

7/25/2019 4:15pm
TW85 wrote:
Phil was wrong and shouldn’t of said what he did. The penalty should be a fine and probabtion then everyone move on. It wasn’t the first...
Phil was wrong and shouldn’t of said what he did. The penalty should be a fine and probabtion then everyone move on.

It wasn’t the first time or the last time a professional athlete has dropped that line in the heat of the moment. Not a big deal.
Matthes wrote:
Pretty much and I would add that the officials fined Mike for his racing tactics after that pass which doesn't excuse Phil's words, it does explain...
Pretty much and I would add that the officials fined Mike for his racing tactics after that pass which doesn't excuse Phil's words, it does explain his anger.
Has Phil apologized yet?
7/25/2019 5:27pm
TW85 wrote:

Matthes wrote:
Pretty much and I would add that the officials fined Mike for his racing tactics after that pass which doesn't excuse Phil's words, it does explain...
Has Phil apologized yet?
I think they might have to also hug it out..... as if canadian moto isnt embarrassing enough....that being said, a video apology from phil is going to make for excellent content hahaha
jgmxdad251
7/25/2019 5:33pm
TW85 wrote:

Matthes wrote:
Has Phil apologized yet?
Get over it! We understand your not happy with Phil but going on and on about it makes you look foolish. We got your point.
7/25/2019 5:48pm
Rushton597 wrote:
I think they might have to also hug it out..... as if canadian moto isnt embarrassing enough....that being said, a video apology from phil is going...
I think they might have to also hug it out..... as if canadian moto isnt embarrassing enough....that being said, a video apology from phil is going to make for excellent content hahaha
I don't think Canadian moto is embarrassing at all. I see lots of fast guys with loads of talent.
jgmxdad251
7/25/2019 5:51pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Results of the appeals. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2019/07/25/362671/s1200_2019_Sand_Del_Lee_MCC_Comp_Ruling_1_1.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2019/07/25/362670/s1200_2019_Sand_Del_Lee_MCC_Comp_Ruling_1_2_1024x663.jpg[/img]
Results of the appeals.

Ok Maverick, what does that mean?
7/25/2019 5:56pm
Rushton597 wrote:
I think they might have to also hug it out..... as if canadian moto isnt embarrassing enough....that being said, a video apology from phil is going...
I don't think Canadian moto is embarrassing at all. I see lots of fast guys with loads of talent.
I dont mean the quality of the riders, I'm more referring to how its run. I agree, we have lots of great talent up here.
APLMAN99
7/25/2019 6:14pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Results of the appeals. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2019/07/25/362671/s1200_2019_Sand_Del_Lee_MCC_Comp_Ruling_1_1.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2019/07/25/362670/s1200_2019_Sand_Del_Lee_MCC_Comp_Ruling_1_2_1024x663.jpg[/img]
Results of the appeals.

So they both get the 5 position penalty for "riding backwards" dropped, but then Alessi gets hit with an extra 5 position penalty after the appeal.......

It doesn't make sense that he would be penalized for the incident shown. Is there any video of him riding over aggressively? So far I haven't seen anything and the press releases don't actually cite when this alleged overly aggressive riding occurred.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
7/25/2019 6:18pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Results of the appeals.

jgmxdad251 wrote:
In short:

- Nothing changes for Alessi
- Phil gets a 7th in moto 2 and 19pts.
- Phil jumps back to 3rd from 5th in the standings after the original penalties.

Points standings are in the other thread.
7/25/2019 6:39pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Results of the appeals.

jgmxdad251 wrote:
-MAVERICK- wrote:
In short: - Nothing changes for Alessi - Phil gets a 7th in moto 2 and 19pts. - Phil jumps back to 3rd from 5th in...
In short:

- Phil jumps back to 3rd from 5th in the standings after the original penalties.

Sad. Phil should be out for the season. Looking forward to his (fake) apology.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
7/25/2019 6:49pm
APLMAN99 wrote:
So they both get the 5 position penalty for "riding backwards" dropped, but then Alessi gets hit with an extra 5 position penalty after the appeal...
So they both get the 5 position penalty for "riding backwards" dropped, but then Alessi gets hit with an extra 5 position penalty after the appeal.......

It doesn't make sense that he would be penalized for the incident shown. Is there any video of him riding over aggressively? So far I haven't seen anything and the press releases don't actually cite when this alleged overly aggressive riding occurred.
I haven't seen the written appeals and those won't be made public.

The team/Phil might have made an appeal that the contact between Mike and himself was unnecessary.

The only thing I know for sure is that there's a reason behind that call and that it's not just one person making the final judgement.
SCR
7/25/2019 7:01pm
JAC wrote:
Perspective is everything. The best part of this race, through my eyes, was my son racing his first ever 450 National, getting the holeshot in the...
Perspective is everything.

The best part of this race, through my eyes, was my son racing his first ever 450 National, getting the holeshot in the first moto, and finishing with a 5-7 for 6th overall.

As far as I know, he didn't ride backwards on the track or scream threatening profanities to another rider. Like most of the riders, he just showed up and raced.

DirectMotocross did a short video of his day. The best part of the video is at about the 55 second mark, when the excited privateer team manager gives someone a high five when his new rider gets the holeshot at a national race. http://www.directmotocross.com/video-josh-cartwright-returns-to-canada-…

Joey
Congratulations. That's quite a big deal.
And thanks for making it worth going through 9 pages of this stuff.
DonM
7/25/2019 7:47pm
jgmxdad251 wrote:
-MAVERICK- wrote:
In short: - Nothing changes for Alessi - Phil gets a 7th in moto 2 and 19pts. - Phil jumps back to 3rd from 5th in...
In short:

Not as much as we are all looking forward to your next stupid post...just get over it already....my god you would of thought that Phil came after you for Christs sake...
7/25/2019 8:26pm Edited Date/Time 7/25/2019 8:27pm
They have to make videos and share on their social media! I can't wait to see how fake Phil's apology is.

LaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughing
Crush
7/25/2019 8:50pm
GTFOH
Brent
7/25/2019 9:05pm Edited Date/Time 7/25/2019 9:09pm
Situations like this hurt Matthes’ credibility. He complains about other media members trying to be buddies with riders but he clearly has a bias toward Phil...
Situations like this hurt Matthes’ credibility.

He complains about other media members trying to be buddies with riders but he clearly has a bias toward Phil here.
What Credibility? I’ve seen Steve eating team food in their pits, objectivity goes out the window when you have to report on teams you get your lunch from.

Matthes writes from his point of view and that’s cool, but don’t mistake it for objective reporting, this sport is far too small for hard hitting journalism.
mh226
7/25/2019 10:26pm
In the most Canadian turn of events ever they have to say "sorry" and do community service work.....
scott_nz
Fantasy
655th
7/25/2019 10:43pm
mh226 wrote:
In the most Canadian turn of events ever they have to say "sorry" and do community service work.....
if only they had to do their apology in a Canadian accent, it would be perfect,
7/26/2019 3:53am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
In short:

DonM wrote:
Not as much as we are all looking forward to your next stupid post...just get over it already....my god you would of thought that Phil came...
Not as much as we are all looking forward to your next stupid post...just get over it already....my god you would of thought that Phil came after you for Christs sake...
I reckon theprizefighter is either tony, mike or Jeff. Maybe Genova? Who knows
ns503
7/26/2019 3:53am
mh226 wrote:
scott_nz wrote:
if only they had to do their apology in a Canadian accent, it would be perfect,
Canadian accent? WTH is a Canadian accent?

Eh?
TeamGreen
7/26/2019 7:28am Edited Date/Time 7/26/2019 7:30am
This also appears to have changed the OVER ALL results...
AFTER THE FACT.
For events that took place AFTER the race.
The “on track” claims from AFTER THE INTIAL collision are drama that it seems NO ONE saw?
APLMAN99
7/26/2019 8:50am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Results of the appeals.

jgmxdad251 wrote:
-MAVERICK- wrote:
In short:

Actually it did change for Alessi.

He was handed down a penalty for something that he wasn't penalized for before the appeal.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
7/26/2019 8:51am
APLMAN99 wrote:
Actually it did change for Alessi.

He was handed down a penalty for something that he wasn't penalized for before the appeal.
Points didn't change is what I meant.
APLMAN99
7/26/2019 8:52am
TeamGreen wrote:
This also appears to have changed the OVER ALL results... AFTER THE FACT. For events that took place AFTER the race. The “on track” claims from...
This also appears to have changed the OVER ALL results...
AFTER THE FACT.
For events that took place AFTER the race.
The “on track” claims from AFTER THE INTIAL collision are drama that it seems NO ONE saw?
Yes...….

Which makes it seem like the penalty was for him holding his line in the corner that Nicoletti cut down on. And that's just crazy to penalize a guy for holding his line. At that point, any contact at all in that series should be a penalty of some kind.

Post a reply to: Filthy Phil vs. MA800

The Latest