Filthy Phil vs. MA800

-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
7/23/2019 11:01am
RacerX8 wrote:
I totally agree, naturally we’re all fixated on this particular incident, it sounds like there may have been some brake checking involved also. These guys have...
I totally agree, naturally we’re all fixated on this particular incident, it sounds like there may have been some brake checking involved also. These guys have raced each other for a long time, you can say that the past shouldn’t matter but it always does. Only these two really know their past dealings with one another.

Regardless, IMO I think a minor penalty is deserved for Nicolletti for the post race antics and the penalty shouldn’t affect his racing just his pocketbook. If he can prove that Alessi was riding in a way to endanger or impede then penalize him to.
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Mike was penalized 5 positions, lost 7 points and was fined $250.
RacerX8 wrote:
I don’t like it Mav but who am I?
There's many people that saw what went down so it's not like the head referee made his decisions out of nowhere.

You don't have to like it, but unfortunately is what it is.
scott_nz
Fantasy
655th
7/23/2019 11:07am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
There's many people that saw what went down so it's not like the head referee made his decisions out of nowhere. You don't have to like...
There's many people that saw what went down so it's not like the head referee made his decisions out of nowhere.

You don't have to like it, but unfortunately is what it is.
i like the fact that they actually enforce their rulebook, its not that common in MX worldwide,
fox1nz
7/23/2019 12:22pm
Phil has no tools in his tool box to deal with such a situation, would you see the likes of ET3, MM25 or CW2 be such douch bags as you see here with Filthy..
JAFO92
7/23/2019 2:06pm
And people wonder why this sport doesnt attract big-league sponsors and average people look at it like WWF or Monster trucks.

smh

The Shop

Blue flag
7/23/2019 2:23pm
SEEMEFIRST wrote:
Where was is farm? I always heard things like: "If the cows ain't out, the windmill's busted" Or: "Never put your finger where you wouldn't put...
Where was is farm?

I always heard things like: "If the cows ain't out, the windmill's busted"

Or: "Never put your finger where you wouldn't put your pecker".

Or: "Put that bull in the trailer with those heifers, he's going to fuck from here to Abilene ".

My favorite was, "I don't even like cows".

Oh, if you don't have a sense of humor, farming or ranching will kill you early.
The young bull said to the old bull “Let’s run down there and fuck one of those cows”, the old bull looked at the young one and said “ Let’s walk down and get them all”
Blue flag
7/23/2019 2:29pm Edited Date/Time 7/26/2019 1:19pm
CPR wrote:
As anyone who has followed mx for longer than a SX heat should know, confrontations like this never arise out of just a single incident. You...
As anyone who has followed mx for longer than a SX heat should know, confrontations like this never arise out of just a single incident.
You don't have to have been in Canada last weekend to workout there was more to it than just one shunt. But yet here we are seven pages in and it sounds like no ones any the wiser......
RacerX8 wrote:
I totally agree, naturally we’re all fixated on this particular incident, it sounds like there may have been some brake checking involved also. These guys have...
I totally agree, naturally we’re all fixated on this particular incident, it sounds like there may have been some brake checking involved also. These guys have raced each other for a long time, you can say that the past shouldn’t matter but it always does. Only these two really know their past dealings with one another.

Regardless, IMO I think a minor penalty is deserved for Nicolletti for the post race antics and the penalty shouldn’t affect his racing just his pocketbook. If he can prove that Alessi was riding in a way to endanger or impede then penalize him to.
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Mike was penalized 5 positions, lost 7 points and was fined $250.
Watching the video clip, it looked to me like Mike was holding his inside line. I couldn’t tell for sure, but to me it looked to me like Phil, after overtaking on the outside either tried to square the turn and take the inside, or his ass end skid out a bit causing him to rotate the turn. But either way, it looked like Mike held his arc while Phil changed his arc creating the contact. I could be wrong though.
7/23/2019 3:20pm
fox1nz wrote:
Phil has no tools in his tool box to deal with such a situation, would you see the likes of ET3, MM25 or CW2 be such...
Phil has no tools in his tool box to deal with such a situation, would you see the likes of ET3, MM25 or CW2 be such douch bags as you see here with Filthy..
All of those people are professionals. I love watching phil, I think his personality is great but at the end of the day..... the guys a clown show.
Phillip_Lamb
Fantasy
2447th
7/23/2019 3:49pm
This is why as a rider, whether you give or receive you deal with it on the track. Phil killed his title hopes by not handling his emotions
Sully
7/23/2019 4:29pm
JAFO92 wrote:
And people wonder why this sport doesnt attract big-league sponsors and average people look at it like WWF or Monster trucks.

smh
I doubt it. NASCAR has some big league sponsors, and they've had actual fist fights in the pits on multiple occasions. On national TV, no less.
7/23/2019 4:42pm
This is why as a rider, whether you give or receive you deal with it on the track. Phil killed his title hopes by not handling...
This is why as a rider, whether you give or receive you deal with it on the track. Phil killed his title hopes by not handling his emotions
Phils title hopes were ruined earlier in the day when he DNF’d the first moto because (I believe) his radiator ripped off.
Motodave15
7/23/2019 5:09pm
Alessi, with the man the fuck up, im going forward slam... I like it. Phil let his anger get the best of him in a racing incident.

Move along people, nothing to see here, besides some legit bar-banging action
Motoxdoc
7/23/2019 5:10pm Edited Date/Time 7/23/2019 5:17pm
GIwasB4 wrote:
This guy would've stepped on Mike's throat and at the same time thrown crybaby Phil out of the picture so Phil didn't have anything to post...
This guy would've stepped on Mike's throat and at the same time thrown crybaby Phil out of the picture so Phil didn't have anything to post on fucking twitter or snapchat or facebook or vital whatever. They are both fucking pussies, race down here wannabe's ! Let them Canadians race themselves in the ice and snow.

Oh hell no! Am I the only one that’s going to stick up for our MXers in this MX chat room after a comment like this? I would pick either one of our MX’s in question over The Terminator!
As for the topic at hand....imo, it was a racing incident...Phil needs to chill...give them their points back.
JAFO92
7/23/2019 6:14pm
Sully wrote:
I doubt it. NASCAR has some big league sponsors, and they've had actual fist fights in the pits on multiple occasions. On national TV, no less.
Two pissed guys throwing a few punches is one thing, a guy going postal and saying stuff like he's gonna kill someone over a MX race is plain stupid.

APLMAN99
7/23/2019 7:04pm Edited Date/Time 7/23/2019 7:06pm
GIwasB4 wrote:
This guy would've stepped on Mike's throat and at the same time thrown crybaby Phil out of the picture so Phil didn't have anything to post...
This guy would've stepped on Mike's throat and at the same time thrown crybaby Phil out of the picture so Phil didn't have anything to post on fucking twitter or snapchat or facebook or vital whatever. They are both fucking pussies, race down here wannabe's ! Let them Canadians race themselves in the ice and snow.

Motoxdoc wrote:
Oh hell no! Am I the only one that’s going to stick up for our MXers in this MX chat room after a comment like this...
Oh hell no! Am I the only one that’s going to stick up for our MXers in this MX chat room after a comment like this? I would pick either one of our MX’s in question over The Terminator!
As for the topic at hand....imo, it was a racing incident...Phil needs to chill...give them their points back.
Yeah, I don't think that Earnhardt would stand much of a chance against either of those guys, considering he's dead and all......

😎

Earnhardt was quite a bit bigger than the average MXer, though. Much bigger than Alessi and a few inches and probably a couple dozen pounds bigger than Nicoletti. I wouldn't have bet against him in his prime.
VRR7
7/23/2019 7:04pm
Badd127 wrote:
From my experience, you never have to worry about the guy that comes up and threatens to fight you .(or kill you in this case) You...
From my experience, you never have to worry about the guy that comes up and threatens to fight you .(or kill you in this case)
You need to worry about the guy that walks up and punches you in the face.
I like Phil, but you can only act tough for so long, without any action to back it up.
Correct if someone is really going to kill you - Guess what they not going to tell you about it !

Really bad form when you have to resort to bully tactics to win MX in Canada because you cannot win in the USA.
Sully
7/23/2019 7:51pm
Sully wrote:
JAFO92 wrote:
Two pissed guys throwing a few punches is one thing, a guy going postal and saying stuff like he's gonna kill someone over a MX race...
Two pissed guys throwing a few punches is one thing, a guy going postal and saying stuff like he's gonna kill someone over a MX race is plain stupid.

Yeah, can't really argue with that.
Brent
7/23/2019 10:24pm
I don't really like either rider, but three things -

(1) That was just racing, I don't think Alessi did anything wrong in that clip, he was fighting for position just like Nicoletti was. sometimes MX comes down to contact between riders, it has been that way forever.

(2) Nicoletti would have done the same thing to Mike if he was on the inside.

(3) Nicoletti needs some anger management classes. Phil, you are lucky enough to race dirt bikes for a living, a thousand guys would switch jobs with you in a second. Keep that in perspective...
avidchimp
Fantasy
1182nd
7/23/2019 10:37pm
Do people not remember Jeff Emig when he was getting caught, especially in SX? That guy rode the widest, brake check'ing bike in history, and he will admit it.

People just jump on Mike because of the family history in this sport.
Danster
7/23/2019 11:20pm
If I was Mike I would be worrying about "Phil The Destroyer's "
sweat that was dropping in Mikes mouth and eyes.....

early
Fantasy
2212th
7/24/2019 8:10am Edited Date/Time 7/24/2019 8:10am
The series will probably use the clip in every commercial next year to show how badass MX is, just like Feld did with Peick/Friese
7/24/2019 8:14am
tprice07 wrote:
In case you didn't want to login to facebook to watch the video: [url=https://www.motoxaddicts.com/2019/07/23/drama-between-alessi-and-nicoletti-in-canada/]https://www.motoxaddicts.com/2019/07/23/drama-between-alessi-and-nicoletti-in-canada/[/url] [embed] https://youtu.be/5xwp6K6gNbs [/embed]
In case you didn't want to login to facebook to watch the video:
https://www.motoxaddicts.com/2019/07/23/drama-between-alessi-and-nicoletti-in-canada/
Are people serious with their crying about mikes riding?
sam hain
7/24/2019 8:20am Edited Date/Time 7/24/2019 8:28am
GIwasB4 wrote:

Show me where Dale ever was involved in a fight. HAHA

He was a great driver and raced hard, but never once have I ever seen or heard of him threatening to fight someone. Dale was a mind F, if he pissed you off he smiled at you.

And don't confuse him with Chuck Norris.
tprice07
7/24/2019 9:00am
tprice07 wrote:
In case you didn't want to login to facebook to watch the video: [url=https://www.motoxaddicts.com/2019/07/23/drama-between-alessi-and-nicoletti-in-canada/]https://www.motoxaddicts.com/2019/07/23/drama-between-alessi-and-nicoletti-in-canada/[/url] [embed] https://youtu.be/5xwp6K6gNbs [/embed]
In case you didn't want to login to facebook to watch the video:
https://www.motoxaddicts.com/2019/07/23/drama-between-alessi-and-nicoletti-in-canada/
Are people serious with their crying about mikes riding?
People complain about everything.

It’s something to talk about.
7/24/2019 9:01am
Something that needs to be addressed here is that Phil grew up racing the likes of jlaw, Barcia, bobby k and a whole load of other New York savages who literally take no shit what so ever on the race track. Anyone listened to the podcast he did with weege on racer x? Barry Carsten putting him In head locks after races when he was 15 etc etc. Worth a listen
JAC
7/24/2019 9:41am
Perspective is everything.

The best part of this race, through my eyes, was my son racing his first ever 450 National, getting the holeshot in the first moto, and finishing with a 5-7 for 6th overall.

As far as I know, he didn't ride backwards on the track or scream threatening profanities to another rider. Like most of the riders, he just showed up and raced.

DirectMotocross did a short video of his day. The best part of the video is at about the 55 second mark, when the excited privateer team manager gives someone a high five when his new rider gets the holeshot at a national race. http://www.directmotocross.com/video-josh-cartwright-returns-to-canada-…

Joey
Adam43
7/24/2019 9:45am
Phils title hopes were ruined earlier in the day when he DNF’d the first moto because (I believe) his radiator ripped off.
They were indeed, and I think that frustration got the better of Phil for the rest of the day.

Make the appeal, but take it on the chin and move on.
7/24/2019 9:59am
fox1nz wrote:
Phil has no tools in his tool box to deal with such a situation, would you see the likes of ET3, MM25 or CW2 be such...
Act like a D B? ET3, no. MM25, no. CW2, Only every time somebody touches him.
731chopper
Fantasy
442nd
7/24/2019 10:49am
I could say the same thing about a lot of the posters here who get their panties tied in a wad about a guy riding a...
I could say the same thing about a lot of the posters here who get their panties tied in a wad about a guy riding a wheelie on the street, or a douche coming up short on a jump. Some people wished bad things on these riders, yet Phil bullies someone and some of you act like he's a hero. Its laughable, my sensitivity has nothing to do with it. It's not okay to threaten to kill someone over a racing incident.
Do you understand the irony of your opinions paired with your username and avatar being Bob Hannah?

Post a reply to: Filthy Phil vs. MA800

The Latest