Filthy Phil vs. MA800

Bearuno
7/26/2019 9:32am
mh226 wrote:
In the most Canadian turn of events ever they have to say "sorry" and do community service work.....
scott_nz wrote:
if only they had to do their apology in a Canadian accent, it would be perfect,
ns503 wrote:
Canadian accent? WTH is a Canadian accent?

Eh?
It's got to be done Bi-lingual!

Please, Please let it be a requirement!WoohooCool

Phillip_Lamb
Fantasy
2511th
7/26/2019 10:05am
TeamGreen wrote:
This also appears to have changed the OVER ALL results... AFTER THE FACT. For events that took place AFTER the race. The “on track” claims from...
This also appears to have changed the OVER ALL results...
AFTER THE FACT.
For events that took place AFTER the race.
The “on track” claims from AFTER THE INTIAL collision are drama that it seems NO ONE saw?
APLMAN99 wrote:
Yes...…. Which makes it seem like the penalty was for him holding his line in the corner that Nicoletti cut down on. And that's just crazy...
Yes...….

Which makes it seem like the penalty was for him holding his line in the corner that Nicoletti cut down on. And that's just crazy to penalize a guy for holding his line. At that point, any contact at all in that series should be a penalty of some kind.
the aggro riding continued after the first slam which is where the issue stems from.

nice to actually see them go back and reassess penalties handed out and not make a finalized decision on the spot ala AMA
scott_nz
Fantasy
597th
7/26/2019 10:42am
TeamGreen wrote:
This also appears to have changed the OVER ALL results... AFTER THE FACT. For events that took place AFTER the race. The “on track” claims from...
This also appears to have changed the OVER ALL results...
AFTER THE FACT.
For events that took place AFTER the race.
The “on track” claims from AFTER THE INTIAL collision are drama that it seems NO ONE saw?
just because there is no video of it on the internet, does not mean it did not happen,

it has been reported in a few places that Mike continued with the blocking well after the initial coming together,

The Shop

Casting
7/26/2019 11:25am Edited Date/Time 7/26/2019 11:26am
Regarding Phil's statement in the video above... when did "I'm a passionate person" became a euphemism for "I have issues with anger"?

Phil: Someone who volunteers to walk dogs at the local shelter is passionate. Someone who takes a day off work to surprise their wife on their anniversary is passionate.

Threatening to kill a man in front of his child is not passionate... it's one step away from criminal.

Reminds me of the George Carlin skit on soft language disguising the truth.
fox1nz
7/26/2019 1:16pm
Its been great publicity for the Canadian series don't you think.?
Markee
Fantasy
2006th
7/26/2019 1:25pm
fox1nz wrote:
Its been great publicity for the Canadian series don't you think.?
I do. I'm really enjoying the 450 class regardless. Big thanks to bouda88
Ryno23
Fantasy
779th
7/26/2019 1:50pm Edited Date/Time 7/26/2019 1:51pm
Casting wrote:
Regarding Phil's statement in the video above... when did "I'm a passionate person" became a euphemism for "I have issues with anger"? Phil: Someone who volunteers...
Regarding Phil's statement in the video above... when did "I'm a passionate person" became a euphemism for "I have issues with anger"?

Phil: Someone who volunteers to walk dogs at the local shelter is passionate. Someone who takes a day off work to surprise their wife on their anniversary is passionate.

Threatening to kill a man in front of his child is not passionate... it's one step away from criminal.

STFU Threatening to kill someone is NOT one step away from criminal. It IS a full step into a stupid thing to say in the heat of the moment but criminal? C'mon, get a clue! Even Alessi didn't take it seriously.
byke
7/26/2019 1:58pm
I don't know what the laws are in Canada, but here in the states what Phil said wouldn't be illegal. Now if he said he had a gun in his car and was going to go back and get it and return to kill him, then it would be illegal. We like ambiguous language like "reasonable" and what Phil said wouldn't cause a person to reasonably expect to be killed, whereas the second example would.
scott_nz
Fantasy
597th
7/26/2019 1:59pm
Ryno23 wrote:
STFU Threatening to kill someone is NOT one step away from criminal. It IS a full step into a stupid thing to say in the heat...
STFU Threatening to kill someone is NOT one step away from criminal. It IS a full step into a stupid thing to say in the heat of the moment but criminal? C'mon, get a clue! Even Alessi didn't take it seriously.
threatening to kill is against the law here, I presume it is in Canada as well, so its not even a step away,

but still not worth putting someone out for a series,
pbody
Fantasy
518th
7/26/2019 2:13pm Edited Date/Time 7/26/2019 2:15pm
Casting wrote:
Regarding Phil's statement in the video above... when did "I'm a passionate person" became a euphemism for "I have issues with anger"? Phil: Someone who volunteers...

Please reference the Google machine:
pas·sion·ate
/ˈpaSH(ə)nət/
adjective
showing or caused by strong feelings or a strong belief.
"passionate pleas for help"
synonyms: intense, impassioned, ardent, fervent, fervid, zealous, vehement, fiery, heated, feverish, emotional, heartfelt, eager, excited, animated, spirited, vigorous, strong, energetic, messianic, fanatical, frenzied, wild, fierce, consuming, violent, tumultuous, flaming, raging, burning, uncontrollable, ungovernable
kage173
7/26/2019 2:56pm
Surely this is the only 11 page thread on Canadian moto ever.

Best thing to ever happen to that series. Hope 800 and Phil keep it up.
Kyle_McNab
7/26/2019 3:07pm
Crazy that motocross is pussifyied. Mike knew actually what he was doing which is games so let him accept his prize for riding like an idiot Through out his career. Phil just needs to play there lame ass game better than Alessi but he made a whole career outa of it 😂 Phil needs to take it out on the track
RacerX8
7/26/2019 5:01pm
Casting wrote:

Ryno23 wrote:
STFU Threatening to kill someone is NOT one step away from criminal. It IS a full step into a stupid thing to say in the heat...
This is a stupid thing to say BUT really?! I agree Ryno23! I’ve played intense contact sports, football and hockey when I was younger, you heard this every game on the field or ice. I never once considered filing a police report after the game... Now it wasn’t ideal where it took place with cameras rolling and Colts kid there, but take the camera away and if the exchange took place after the finish line when Phil initially approached Mike then there’s no story here.
tcallahan707
7/26/2019 5:06pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Results of the appeals. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2019/07/25/362671/s1200_2019_Sand_Del_Lee_MCC_Comp_Ruling_1_1.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2019/07/25/362670/s1200_2019_Sand_Del_Lee_MCC_Comp_Ruling_1_2_1024x663.jpg[/img]
Results of the appeals.

They really couldn't spell either rider's name correctly? What kind of lesson does that teach the youth?
tcallahan707
7/26/2019 5:07pm
Was this an apology or podium speech?
Markee
Fantasy
2006th
7/26/2019 6:17pm
Was this an apology or podium speech?
Filthy for president
KennyT
Fantasy
479th
7/26/2019 6:44pm
byke wrote:
I don't know what the laws are in Canada, but here in the states what Phil said wouldn't be illegal. Now if he said he had...
I don't know what the laws are in Canada, but here in the states what Phil said wouldn't be illegal. Now if he said he had a gun in his car and was going to go back and get it and return to kill him, then it would be illegal. We like ambiguous language like "reasonable" and what Phil said wouldn't cause a person to reasonably expect to be killed, whereas the second example would.
Are you sure about that? You may be surprised. I believe it is classified as a “terrorist threat”

hogkiller
7/26/2019 6:56pm
Casting wrote:

Ryno23 wrote:
Criminal Code (R.S.C., 1985, c. C-46) Uttering threats

264.1 (1) Every one commits an offence who, in any manner, knowingly utters, conveys or causes any person to receive a threat

(a) to cause death or bodily harm to any person;

(b) to burn, destroy or damage real or personal property; or

(c) to kill, poison or injure an animal or bird that is the property of any person.

Marginal noteTongue unishment

(2) Every one who commits an offence under paragraph (1)(a) is guilty of

(a) an indictable offence and liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding five years; or

(b) an offence punishable on summary conviction and liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding eighteen months.

Marginal note:Idem

(3) Every one who commits an offence under paragraph (1)(b) or (c)

(a) is guilty of an indictable offence and liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding two years; or

(b) is guilty of an offence punishable on summary conviction.
mh226
7/26/2019 8:03pm
800 shows his home-school stripes again..... that is the biggest joke of an apology I have ever heard.
DonM
7/26/2019 8:03pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Mike won't need to apologize when he smokes that death threater at the next round. Go Mike!
Holy shit just stop please, you have lost all credibility by your comments in this thread....death threater...now you're making up words!!
RonSkj
Fantasy
141st
7/26/2019 8:23pm Edited Date/Time 7/26/2019 8:24pm
How sincere do you think an apology is going to be, when the person making the apology is being forced to make it??
7/26/2019 8:33pm
mh226 wrote:
800 shows his home-school stripes again..... that is the biggest joke of an apology I have ever heard.

Incorrect, actually if you listen, he lists out the who, what , when, where and then apologizes and thanks his sponsors in a linear, clear message.

Of course the apologies are a joke, they are forced to do them, like a podium speech thanking sponsors, funny.

This is what makes racing interesting, 2 aggressive riders with diff personalities banging bars, love it.
mh226
7/26/2019 8:36pm
RonSkj wrote:
How sincere do you think an apology is going to be, when the person making the apology is being forced to make it??
Its not like they forced him to do it live..... "the MCC determined I was riding overly aggressive" makes it abundantly clear he takes no responsibility for his part in the incident.
SoCalMX70
7/27/2019 10:59am
mh226 wrote:
Its not like they forced him to do it live..... "the MCC determined I was riding overly aggressive" makes it abundantly clear he takes no responsibility...
Its not like they forced him to do it live..... "the MCC determined I was riding overly aggressive" makes it abundantly clear he takes no responsibility for his part in the incident.
I wouldn't either... Came back to read through the latest revelations and I'm still not seeing what Mike did wrong. Tried to keep someone behind him for a moto win/valuable points? K...

Also, Matthes' "article" is laughable at best. Way to show bias and try to influence the reader's opinion within the first paragraph. Can't just report the facts without getting your digs in.
davistld01
7/27/2019 1:49pm Edited Date/Time 7/27/2019 1:49pm
Truly hard to believe this incident is pulling 12 pages now. Wow!

Post a reply to: Filthy Phil vs. MA800

The Latest