Film Guy Fundraiser

mh226
Hey folks,

A very talented young film guy north of the border had his livelihood stolen from his truck.

He is a big part of all the content you see from the Canadian series. If you can spare a few $ it will keep the content flowing!

Here's the link and full story:

https://www.gofundme.com/f/25rtx7t15c?teamInvite=LVacs2Z64Ak495ZWnWTmLcJWyZRlzBt0Oph9SOsdpVVaxJFnkg6ba6GYpQjP5uyh

Some of his work can be found here:
https://www.instagram.com/imoto_films/
|
T-Fish
Fantasy
173rd
10/7/2020 6:20pm
$17k goal? That’s twice the value of the stuff stolen.

Also, did he not have insurance? You’d think, as a professional photographer, he’d have his stuff covered.
mh226
10/7/2020 6:31pm
T-Fish wrote:
$17k goal? That’s twice the value of the stuff stolen. Also, did he not have insurance? You’d think, as a professional photographer, he’d have his stuff...

Also, did he not have insurance? You’d think, as a professional photographer, he’d have his stuff covered.
Gotta convert it to our Canadian Monopoly $ and add our taxes in.. I haven't verified it item by item, but doesn't seem far off.

Add 30+% exchange from USD and 13% tax.
T-Fish
Fantasy
173rd
10/8/2020 1:14am
T-Fish wrote:
$17k goal? That’s twice the value of the stuff stolen. Also, did he not have insurance? You’d think, as a professional photographer, he’d have his stuff...

mh226 wrote:
Gotta convert it to our Canadian Monopoly $ and add our taxes in.. I haven't verified it item by item, but doesn't seem far off. Add...
Gotta convert it to our Canadian Monopoly $ and add our taxes in.. I haven't verified it item by item, but doesn't seem far off.

The camera body and pair of lenses card up to approximately $6k. I really don’t know about the rest of the stuff. I’m honestly just shocked it wasn’t insured.
mh226
10/8/2020 3:08am
T-Fish wrote:

mh226 wrote:
Gotta convert it to our Canadian Monopoly $ and add our taxes in.. I haven't verified it item by item, but doesn't seem far off. Add...

T-Fish wrote:
The camera body and pair of lenses card up to approximately $6k. I really don’t know about the rest of the stuff. I’m honestly just shocked...
The camera body and pair of lenses card up to approximately $6k. I really don’t know about the rest of the stuff. I’m honestly just shocked it wasn’t insured.
100% agree on the insurance. He should have had a policy specific to the gear. Looks like general car insurance up here covers $1500 for theft. Ran some numbers and he has $14K CDN in media equipment gone. They do need to bring that target back to reality a bit.

The Shop

redslush
10/8/2020 5:42am
T-Fish wrote:

mh226 wrote:

T-Fish wrote:
The camera body and pair of lenses card up to approximately $6k. I really don’t know about the rest of the stuff. I’m honestly just shocked...
I would bet the majority of videographers in moto don't have their equipment insured.
10/8/2020 6:10am
mh226 wrote:

T-Fish wrote:
redslush wrote:
I would bet the majority of videographers in moto don't have their equipment insured.
Why waste the money on a yearly premium when you can just beg online instead? Big brain move.
10/8/2020 7:29am
I'll gladly help someone that supports our sport with a few dollars.

Best of luck getting back on your feet, Isaiah.
Spudnut
10/8/2020 10:57am
Why waste the money on a yearly premium when you can just beg online instead? Big brain move.
Go slurp down bubbas tubesteak some more buddy
Spudnut
10/8/2020 10:58am
That’s a shame, hope he gets some help and learns from his possible mistakes
10/9/2020 4:10pm
mh226 wrote:

T-Fish wrote:
mh226 wrote:
100% agree on the insurance. He should have had a policy specific to the gear. Looks like general car insurance up here covers $1500 for theft...
100% agree on the insurance. He should have had a policy specific to the gear. Looks like general car insurance up here covers $1500 for theft. Ran some numbers and he has $14K CDN in media equipment gone. They do need to bring that target back to reality a bit.
you forgot his $500 worth of Brand New Shoes. That would've more than covered insurance. Priorities...

Post a reply to: Film Guy Fundraiser

The Latest