Fill in riders are cool but !!!!!

Related:
Create New Tag

5/26/2018 7:06 PM

When you get lapped on factory ride not so much.

|

5/26/2018 7:09 PM

And what place did you finish today?

|

2011 Yamaha YZ 250 -MX
1996 Yamaha Banshee 350 -Trails
1982 Chevy S10
2005 Pontiac GTO -451rwhp

5/26/2018 7:09 PM

It happens to regular factory riders as well.

|

Take it to the limit, one more time!

5/26/2018 7:38 PM

Alex finished as well as Cooper usually does

|

5/26/2018 7:42 PM

In what world does "cool but !!!!!" make sense?

|

5/26/2018 7:49 PM

So you’d rather there be one less bike out there? What’s your point? I don’t get it

|

5/26/2018 7:53 PM

Let's be honest, would Alex Ray be able to fight for points in a MXGP? I think not. But the drop off in quality behind place 8-10 is so huge this outdoor season in the MX 450 class that it is a bit ridiculous. Also I would have given the bike to someone else like Dillan Epstein or some fast in the USA unknown European.

|

5/26/2018 7:59 PM

MXMattii wrote:

Let's be honest, would Alex Ray be able to fight for points in a MXGP? I think not. But the drop off in quality behind place 8-10 is so huge this outdoor season in the MX 450 class that it is a bit ridiculous. Also I would have given the bike to someone else like Dillan Epstein or some fast in the USA unknown European.

Dillan Epstein races in Canada for the Rockstar Energy OTSFF Yamaha team. As for the Factory Yamaha fill-in spot I would have given it to Henry Miller over Alex Ray.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

5/26/2018 8:11 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/26/2018 8:20 PM

Not making excuses for him (he doesn't need one) but Alex hasn't done many outdoor races at all. He has concentrated on SX because that's where he found a ride. He went from 39th to 19th in the first moto after hitting Craig's bike. He ran 9th for a while in the second and slipped to 12th after Kroc and Bagget came through. Not bad for someone that has only ran one outdoor race in two years.

|

5/26/2018 8:18 PM

The fuck are you talking about??? In the first moto he went down on the first lap and came back to a 19th. And in the second moto he ran in 9th until the last FIVE MINUTES where he dropped to I think 11th. Stop being such a pessimist cunt.

|

5/26/2018 8:19 PM

He beat the Honda, Kawasaki, KTM and Husky fill-in riders

|

5/26/2018 8:33 PM

You must have missed the 2nd moto at Millville in 2006.

|

5/26/2018 9:05 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/26/2018 9:05 PM

The problem with our sport isn’t the riders, manufacturers, promoters, tracks, dealers, or four strokes.... its fans like you OP. And fans in general. A privateer (or fill in rider) works more hours in a week to perfect their craft, to maybe get an opportunity, than you do at your dead end job.

Great ride for Alex. And all of the other “B” level riders who scored points this weekend. They put on a great race that the majority of us got to enjoy sweat free from our couches when blood pressure and heart rate only rise when we stand up too quickly.

I tell you what, go quit your job and live with these guys for a year and see what they go through. I promise you will have a different perspective on racing. Even what the 25th place guy experiences.

|

I'm not a squid.. just a really fast jellyfish.

5/26/2018 9:19 PM

Haha, I can’t remember who did it, I want to say Matthes, filled in for his “mechanic” role I a couple years ago. Pretty funny write up. I’m glad he got the ride.

|

5/26/2018 9:23 PM

I would have payed an extra $50 on top of the NBC gold app if they kept the camera on aray the whole race. Dude had me on the edge of my seat.

|

5/27/2018 5:19 AM

MXMattii wrote:

-MAVERICK- wrote:

Dillan Epstein races in Canada for the Rockstar Energy OTSFF Yamaha team. As for the Factory Yamaha fill-in spot I would have given it to Henry Miller over Alex Ray.

I agree with you, I would give Henry Miller a shot and I think he will only get better. cool

|

Ed Johnson

5/27/2018 5:24 AM

MXMattii wrote:

Thanks for the laugh.

|

5/27/2018 5:24 AM

dirtmike86 wrote:

I would have payed an extra $50 on top of the NBC gold app if they kept the camera on aray the whole race. Dude had me on the edge of my seat.

Haha, he was literally skating around parts of the track.

The camera caught him either in a bad lap or it was like that the whole race. He was on the edge of crashing at all moments.

|

5/27/2018 5:29 AM

Yeah I'm sure they caught him on a bad lap lol. He couldn't have made it the whole moto like that! I'm biased with Alex as I watched the little shit grow up as I raced with his dad. I was proud of him.

|

5/27/2018 5:56 AM

HEY EVERYONE

LETS KEEP SHITTING ON RIDERS

I HAVNT HEARD ENOUGH ABOUT HOW MUCH THEY SUCK

PLEASE, TELL ME MORE

|

5/27/2018 7:43 AM

dirtmike86 wrote:

Ramrod wrote:

Haha, he was literally skating around parts of the track.

The camera caught him either in a bad lap or it was like that the whole race. He was on the edge of crashing at all moments.

Dont get me wrong that kid would smoke me, but he is entertaining to watch.

|

5/27/2018 7:47 AM

go get em alex...... you can do it man.

|

5/27/2018 8:03 AM

tcallahan707 wrote:

Probably he got lapped in the grammar class smile, whereas it is 1000 times easier than racing a Nationals at GH ...

"Fill in riders are cool but ... When you get lapped on grammar class not so much." can be accepted by some teachers but it is not advised at all in formal writting.

|

5/27/2018 8:34 AM

MXMattii wrote:

-MAVERICK- wrote:

Most teams know when they lost, so when he would've got the offer I guess the OTSFF Yamaha team would've said: OK that is a opportunity you can not refuse and if we help you now, we still have a chance you are back with us next year.

|

5/27/2018 8:36 AM

My comments were not about Alex Ray or any of the other guys that we hear people want to see as a fill in. But Roger D and Bobby Hewitt are not going to give rides to guys that can't get up front or stay on the same lap. Sad reality of this sport is that very few are guys that can run up front. Great for Alex Ray but it all comes down to can he run up front on the factory bike.

|

5/27/2018 9:30 AM

MXMattii wrote:

Squirrelings wrote:

Thanks for the laugh.

It's true. The problem with the open class this year is depth due to the usual culprit..supercross. So many injuries to quality riders. Who could argue that places 10-20 in the 250 class would have their way with 10-20 in the open class?

|

5/27/2018 10:05 AM

Alex Ray rode great and finished higher then I feel he would have on his own bike. The only thing the same between his bike and factory bike is the word yamaha and the color blue and if he continues to finish in the top 15 while he fills in, I call it a success for yamaha and him.

|

Thanks for your Support
100%, Mobius, Sunstar, Pirelli, Odi, Acerbis, Yoshimura, Beck's Tech Suspension and Tuning, Arma, Works Connection

5/27/2018 10:18 AM

If RV and Dungey were still riding instead of quitting without making the next guy earn it, we would have a stacked front and nobody would care about the back... maybe age rule in 250... so you could add Osborne ,Martin and the rest who should be in the big boy class by now.

|

5/27/2018 11:10 AM

tcallahan707 wrote:

Question wrote:

Probably he got lapped in the grammar class smile, whereas it is 1000 times easier than racing a Nationals at GH ...

"Fill in riders are cool but ... When you get lapped on grammar class not so much." can be accepted by some teachers but it is not advised at all in formal writting.

If you are going to make an attempt to put someone down based on their grammar make sure you correct you're own mistakes.

|

5/27/2018 3:20 PM

tcallahan707 wrote:

Question wrote:

2WheelsForTheMasses wrote:

If you are going to make an attempt to put someone down based on their grammar make sure you correct you're own mistakes.

Ha ha ha "you're own"

|