Fill in riders

With Deano not getting Benny’s ride it got me thinking..
Is it worth having a solid personal sponsor like rockstar to help funding you going riding, or are you better off to limit your personal sponsors in hope of getting a ride?
If rockstar is the reason he didn’t get the KTM ride he can forget about filling in at Kawi or Yamaha too, Suzuki already has the biggest team I can remember so they probably wouldn’t even get a fill in.. not much left.
|
Boomslang
Fantasy
548th
12/30/2018 3:17am
There are pros and cons to your question. Winging it by yourself could give one more options for a fill in. Great riders such as Grant and Wilson limit themselves with options but in the event of a spot becoming available, that said spot is top tier.
12/30/2018 3:18am
Works for leverage if a team really wants him. Can ask for more $ to free him up from Rockstar
TeamGreen
12/30/2018 8:36am
There might be a very limited few...or maybe just one...rider that's specifically aligned with the "fill in" ride he's expected to/planned to take if/when he's needed. I can think of a few teams a rider in this situation could go to, also. Which teams DON'T have an energy drink?
Honda
Suzuki/JGR (?) I know they had a relationship w/Monster...but, I'm pretty sure that's over.
MCR

Oddly, in the case of BBMX/RMATVMC KTM...they had just signed a deal w/5150 and that virtually eliminated DeanO riding for them.
Johnny Ringo
12/30/2018 8:40am
If I’m dean, I’m getting paid. I’m not waiting around spending my own money.

Post a reply to: Fill in riders

The Latest