Fill in riders

Related:
Create New Tag

12/30/2018 3:07 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/30/2018 3:07 AM

With Deano not getting Benny’s ride it got me thinking..
Is it worth having a solid personal sponsor like rockstar to help funding you going riding, or are you better off to limit your personal sponsors in hope of getting a ride?
If rockstar is the reason he didn’t get the KTM ride he can forget about filling in at Kawi or Yamaha too, Suzuki already has the biggest team I can remember so they probably wouldn’t even get a fill in.. not much left.

|

12/30/2018 3:17 AM

There are pros and cons to your question. Winging it by yourself could give one more options for a fill in. Great riders such as Grant and Wilson limit themselves with options but in the event of a spot becoming available, that said spot is top tier.

|

Non Gratum Anus Rodentum

12/30/2018 3:18 AM

Works for leverage if a team really wants him. Can ask for more $ to free him up from Rockstar

|

12/30/2018 8:36 AM

There might be a very limited few...or maybe just one...rider that's specifically aligned with the "fill in" ride he's expected to/planned to take if/when he's needed. I can think of a few teams a rider in this situation could go to, also. Which teams DON'T have an energy drink?
Honda
Suzuki/JGR (?) I know they had a relationship w/Monster...but, I'm pretty sure that's over.
MCR

Oddly, in the case of BBMX/RMATVMC KTM...they had just signed a deal w/5150 and that virtually eliminated DeanO riding for them.

|

Nobody ever told me, I found out for myself. You've got to believe in foolish miracles. It's not how you play the game, it's if you win or lose. You can choose. Don't confuse. Win or lose. It's up to you!

12/30/2018 8:40 AM

If I’m dean, I’m getting paid. I’m not waiting around spending my own money.

|

Alright Lunger, Let's Do It