James

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @hammerfamily_4 & @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

1/14/2019 12:41 PM

Stop it. There won’t be a replacement.

|

1/14/2019 12:52 PM

What is the timeline for a return on broken femur? Plate it and out for 5-6 weeks? I mean racer recovery, not us guys recovery! laughing laughing laughing

|

1/14/2019 1:03 PM

mattyhamz2 wrote:

James

10 pager

|

I'm just here to stir sh#t up...

1/14/2019 1:11 PM

Motox627! wrote:

What is the timeline for a return on broken femur? Plate it and out for 5-6 weeks? I mean racer recovery, not us guys recovery! laughing laughing laughing

X 2 interested to know....

|

2020.5 KTM Cairoli Factory Edition 5.7hrs
2019 Alta Redshift MXR - 0.9hrs!.
2020 KTM 250 SX 5hrs.

imoto34 wrote:
Look at all that torque. The kid on the lawnmower may have laughed so hard he shat his pants.

1/14/2019 1:24 PM

Motox627! wrote:

#76 wrote:

Did Trey Canard break his femur in April 2011, then again in July 2011, and then return to Rd 2 of supercross 2012?

|

1/14/2019 1:44 PM

Motox627! wrote:

#76 wrote:

DF313 wrote:

Did Trey Canard break his femur in April 2011, then again in July 2011, and then return to Rd 2 of supercross 2012?

Trey had a gnarly string of injuries, just done remember the exact time table. Either way i cant imagine even trying to ride with a plated broken bone, let alone femur!

|

1/14/2019 1:45 PM

Motox627! wrote:

When I broke my femur I was on crutches for a week, a cane for 2 weeks, and walking again after 3. It was about 6 weeks before powersports again. They drilled a hole in the top of my femur and put a rod down the middle and some screws in the side.

They said right after surgery it was as strong as normal, and I could use it as for as much pain as I could bare. So he could be back after just a few weeks, but it takes a while to get strength back in it. I didn't feel 100% for like a year, so I don't know how much he's going to push it.

|

1/14/2019 1:47 PM

GuyB wrote:

To bad that could be a good opportunity for someone.

|

1/14/2019 2:01 PM

DF313 wrote:

Oh man I can't remember....he sure had some shitty luck.

|

2020.5 KTM Cairoli Factory Edition 5.7hrs
2019 Alta Redshift MXR - 0.9hrs!.
2020 KTM 250 SX 5hrs.

imoto34 wrote:
Look at all that torque. The kid on the lawnmower may have laughed so hard he shat his pants.

1/14/2019 2:38 PM

JG33 and bring the popcorn

|

1/14/2019 2:41 PM

I could see a Josh Grant ride if Mookie is going to be out for the rest of the SX season (seems likely).

|

'75-'83 through the minicycle boom.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was fast... But being fast is relative to who else is on the track with you.

ZachO fan! ZO16

TG243 fan!

1/14/2019 3:17 PM

One can argue that he could be back for the last few races but it's very unlikely. It'd probably mean to have a rush recovery which doesn't make too much sense for him.

|

1/14/2019 3:29 PM

It took forever for them to confirm his deal, I doubt they have funding to bring in another rider.

|

1/14/2019 3:46 PM

Motox627! wrote:

#76 wrote:

The 722 broke his femur August 7th and was back riding Oct 30th. Probably not full hard riding but he was on the bike. that 10ish weeks before the first ride. Said he got a rod and screws

|

1/14/2019 3:49 PM

Genova himself stepped up for funding with Malcolm's ride, meaning there was no outside sponsor or existing sponsor of the team that stepped up with a monetary value to fund his ride. With this, there's likely no contract requirements for MCR to field that third bike at each round, which would point to a fill-in ride being unlikely unless there's someone that Genova or Alessi would like to support just to give a shot. But, the money is just coming out of Genova's pocket at that point, not a sponsor's.

|

1/14/2019 3:50 PM

Bowers & Grant,

|

1/14/2019 3:52 PM

Did they fill in for Weimer last year? They have no reason to fill that spot, and i dont think there's really anyone out there worth taking now Bogle's off the market and Wilson has a fairly solid program.

As far as how long he's out for, i guess every femur is different. From what i understand, the worst part post surgery is dealing with the pain and building the strength back up. I assume there's a fair bit of muscular damage involved in the operation.

|

1/14/2019 3:56 PM

GuyB wrote:

526 wrote:

It was.

|

1/14/2019 4:14 PM

GuyB wrote:

526 wrote:

GuyB wrote:

It was.

Boom!

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @hammerfamily_4 & @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

1/14/2019 6:58 PM

So you're saying there's a chance?

|

1/14/2019 6:58 PM

James Stewart hasn't officially retired yet there is still hope he can get off the couch

|

1/14/2019 8:10 PM

ML512 wrote:

Genova himself stepped up for funding with Malcolm's ride, meaning there was no outside sponsor or existing sponsor of the team that stepped up with a monetary value to fund his ride. With this, there's likely no contract requirements for MCR to field that third bike at each round, which would point to a fill-in ride being unlikely unless there's someone that Genova or Alessi would like to support just to give a shot. But, the money is just coming out of Genova's pocket at that point, not a sponsor's.

So how does it work when a rider gets hurt - does their pay still come from the team, insurance, workers comp or are they independent contractors and have their own insurance. Also - if a team hires a fill in rider, is the norm to hire on a performance based contract only or does that depend on the rider?

|

1/14/2019 8:42 PM

Sweet so JG33 is in! Nice

|

1/14/2019 8:46 PM

ryanxmx31 wrote:

James Stewart hasn't officially retired yet there is still hope he can get off the couch

We can all dream and at 33 yrs old his time has all but run out.

|

Non Gratum Anus Rodentum

1/14/2019 8:56 PM

ML512 wrote:

Spat24 wrote:

So how does it work when a rider gets hurt - does their pay still come from the team, insurance, workers comp or are they independent contractors and have their own insurance. Also - if a team hires a fill in rider, is the norm to hire on a performance based contract only or does that depend on the rider?

Riders are independent contractors which are responsible for their own health insurance. Injury clauses vary from team-to-team and even rider-to-rider on those teams depending on how the agent/rider can swing the terms.

I've heard of quite a few situations where the teams don't enact the clauses and some where they have. It seems like some are based around percentage or number of events you're contracted for. Say you're contracted for 30 races for the season (all of SX, MX, and Monster Cup) if you make all 30 you get 100% of your salary. If you miss 3 races of maybe say 10% you can get a certain amount of your salary docked. Or maybe that month's pay cut, etc...I've seen a few different versions.

As for fill-ins, I'm not sure how many variations there are. The most common I've heard is a weekly flat-rate as a fill-in rider with the injured rider's travel budget kicked in. As quite a few rider's bonus contracts are insured, they aren't transferable to the fill-in rider. So I'm not really sure they're eligible for bonuses beyond the factory's contingency program...unless the team negotiates in a bonus structure for the fill-in deal. But for the most part I've heard of just flat rates for the weekend. Say something like $5,000 a weekend (one number I heard once, not clue if that's common, high or low on the fill-in scale for 450). I've also heard of guys filling in for free, just riding for purse and contingency along with their travel expenses covered for each round. If it's a long-term fill-in deal (like 2/3s of Supercross) the rider might be able to get a bit more coin from their gear deals as they're now under a factory tent (if it's that high of a level of fill-in).

|

1/14/2019 10:07 PM

ML512 wrote:

Riders are independent contractors which are responsible for their own health insurance. Injury clauses vary from team-to-team and even rider-to-rider on those teams depending on how the agent/rider can swing the terms.

I've heard of quite a few situations where the teams don't enact the clauses and some where they have. It seems like some are based around percentage or number of events you're contracted for. Say you're contracted for 30 races for the season (all of SX, MX, and Monster Cup) if you make all 30 you get 100% of your salary. If you miss 3 races of maybe say 10% you can get a certain amount of your salary docked. Or maybe that month's pay cut, etc...I've seen a few different versions.

As for fill-ins, I'm not sure how many variations there are. The most common I've heard is a weekly flat-rate as a fill-in rider with the injured rider's travel budget kicked in. As quite a few rider's bonus contracts are insured, they aren't transferable to the fill-in rider. So I'm not really sure they're eligible for bonuses beyond the factory's contingency program...unless the team negotiates in a bonus structure for the fill-in deal. But for the most part I've heard of just flat rates for the weekend. Say something like $5,000 a weekend (one number I heard once, not clue if that's common, high or low on the fill-in scale for 450). I've also heard of guys filling in for free, just riding for purse and contingency along with their travel expenses covered for each round. If it's a long-term fill-in deal (like 2/3s of Supercross) the rider might be able to get a bit more coin from their gear deals as they're now under a factory tent (if it's that high of a level of fill-in).

Wow - tough go if you get hurt. Always thought the pros were bad ass but this takes it to the next level.

Thanks for the info.

|

1/15/2019 3:00 AM

Motox627! wrote:

I can remember Jeffrey Herlings broke his femur in 2014, leading the MX2 world championship.
After 8 weeks he raced in Mexico to try to secure the title, but he was in too much pain to ride anything close to his normal pace.
So I guess a 'normal' racer recovery will take at least 3 months

|

1/15/2019 3:10 AM

They better save the money and give Mookie another shot in 2020.

|