Fill Ins? Who’s even worthy?

Related:
Create New Tag

2/22/2020 8:43 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/22/2020 8:59 PM

Man I hate to see those injuries tonight. KTM was already one short and JGRs fill-in is now out. And Kawi too? Who’s yalls thoughts on fill ins while these riders are out hurt?

|

2/22/2020 8:43 PM

Me. I’ll send it.

|

2/22/2020 8:53 PM

Reed just for publicity

|

2/22/2020 9:02 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/22/2020 9:04 PM

gregyou wrote:

Reed just for publicity

To JGR maybe? but I don’t see Kawi or KTM taking him even for the publicity. I’m not sure Chad’s even willing to move or do anything. He seems to just be ready to get through his season and retirement. But maybe. Kawi would rather watch what someone else can do for future years, in my opinion. Switching Marty around is possible but he’s crashy McCrasherson again so idk. Bowers is a possibility but with all the drama he’s had overseas and etc. he’s almost a blemish to any of their images unless he was in the top 5 every week and couldn’t be passed up. I can’t stand Bowers but.... 🤷🏼‍♀️

|

2/22/2020 9:09 PM

At this point, stay the fuck away from JGR.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

2/22/2020 9:11 PM

So if im doing the math right the fill in to jgrs fill in for the fill in to the original fill in to the guy they actually hired is hurt?
They have to be averaging less than one race per rider so far?

|

2/22/2020 9:28 PM

No chance but would be awesome to see Josh Grant riding sx again.

|

2/22/2020 9:30 PM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

At this point, stay the fuck away from JGR.

Agreed. It’s like it’s cursed

|

2/22/2020 9:31 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/22/2020 9:31 PM

mx617 wrote:

So if im doing the math right the fill in to jgrs fill in for the fill in to the original fill in to the guy they actually hired is hurt?
They have to be averaging less than one race per rider so far?

Scary but yes I believe your math is right

|

2/23/2020 12:11 AM

Maybe one of the Aussies that didn't make it to the show this year?

|

2/23/2020 12:16 AM

What’s Josh Grant up to? He’s the only guy I can think of that could put it in the main and is relatively known.

|

2/23/2020 12:40 AM

To bad Luke clout has 250 deal all ready. He has raced a 450 a lot

|

2/23/2020 6:28 AM

With cooper just banged up I could see ktm parking for a week or 2. Surely the big green claw requires 2 bikes on the track. I’d imagine the few sponsors JGR has left would like to see at least one bike in either class out there. Bad weekend for some of the teams, but possibly some opportunities for a privateer or 2.

|

2/23/2020 6:36 AM

jorgechavez wrote:

What’s Josh Grant up to? He’s the only guy I can think of that could put it in the main and is relatively known.

Mike Alessi was faster than Grant last year when they both filled in, I don’t think Josh beat him in a single race. Grant even missed a couple mains. Dial 1-800-HOLESHOT if you’re looking for a fill in.

|

2/23/2020 6:36 AM

Cole Seely also

|

2/23/2020 6:38 AM

aeffertz wrote:

Me. I’ll send it.

Photo

sorry man i had to. too soon - i know.
|

- Filthy Euro
- Silly prankster
- Life-long Zook fan
- Rooting for all privateers on this rotating ball of carbon, hydrogen, silicon and poop

2/23/2020 7:04 AM

Alessi posted on Instagram, tagging jgr, kawi and ktm, saying he was ready

|

2/23/2020 7:07 AM

Seely, Weimer, Grant and Alessi could make the main.

But in all cases it is stacked.
|

2/23/2020 7:22 AM

Question wrote:

Weimer and Grant would have a hard time making mains. No offense to them but it ain't 2016. I never understood the logic of putting someone on a bike just to put them on.

|

2/23/2020 7:27 AM

Seely is all I 've got... but I figure if he wanted to race honda would have kept him in place of brayton.

|

Instagram: logi.bear93
Youtube: Logi. Bear93

2/23/2020 7:31 AM

rhargrave431 wrote:

Oh no.... please no lol

|

2/23/2020 7:39 AM

Grant just put down his cheeseburger and is by the phone

|

2/23/2020 10:59 AM

Brian Hsu, Thomas Ramette, Charles LeFrancois, Cedric Soubeyras, Thomas Do, ... All guys who are race ready and don't need to come out of retirement.

|

2/23/2020 11:08 AM

agn5009 wrote:

Weimer and Grant would have a hard time making mains. No offense to them but it ain't 2016. I never understood the logic of putting someone on a bike just to put them on.

Perhaps teams do not get paid from sponsors, unless the have bikes on the track?

|

2/23/2020 11:09 AM

If you're Kawasaki, why not give Forkner a shot at a few east coast races? He could do really well.

It doesn't look like the West title is happening, and he's no teenage rookie. There isn't much to lose.

|

2/23/2020 11:15 AM

rhargrave431 wrote:

britt423 wrote:

Oh no.... please no lol

Photo
|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @hamdaddyof2 & @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

2/23/2020 11:26 AM

Question wrote:

agn5009 wrote:

1911 wrote:

Perhaps teams do not get paid from sponsors, unless the have bikes on the track?

Teams arent making any money anyways. Team Factory KTM has two options. Pay someone a salary, health insurance, bikes, parts, mechanic, truck driver etc etc etc to go out and "maybe" make a main event or just dont pay anyone new and wait for Coop/Musquin to return.

Honestly, you guys act like theres tons of people out there capable of making the 450 mains every single week. There simply isn't. We're not talking about a fill in rider for a 250 east/west coast series. We're talking about the 450 class which has 12+ past champs in it. I love guys like Hsu, Ramette, Do etc and I would love to see them come over and give it a shot. But honestly, is it worth ktm doing that? Are they really gonna gain anything financially by having one of those guys who may squeak into the main racing for them?

No. They're not. Think with your heads, not your heart's. This is a business for KTM, not a charity.

|

2/23/2020 11:42 AM

agn5009 wrote:

Teams arent making any money anyways. Team Factory KTM has two options. Pay someone a salary, health insurance, bikes, parts, mechanic, truck driver etc etc etc to go out and "maybe" make a main event or just dont pay anyone new and wait for Coop/Musquin to return.

Honestly, you guys act like theres tons of people out there capable of making the 450 mains every single week. There simply isn't. We're not talking about a fill in rider for a 250 east/west coast series. We're talking about the 450 class which has 12+ past champs in it. I love guys like Hsu, Ramette, Do etc and I would love to see them come over and give it a shot. But honestly, is it worth ktm doing that? Are they really gonna gain anything financially by having one of those guys who may squeak into the main racing for them?

No. They're not. Think with your heads, not your heart's. This is a business for KTM, not a charity.

Wut? Your first sentence says, teams aren’t making money anyways. Which I agree. But with your logic, why field a team at all?

|

2/23/2020 11:48 AM

agn5009 wrote:

1911 wrote:

agn5009 wrote:

The riders are subcontractors. The teams 1099 them. No health insurance cost to the team. Also almost all fill ins are bonus only. Zero salary. It’s basically a chance for someone to get a shot on factory equipment and for the teams to fulfill their responsibilities to the sponsors. The mechanic and truck drivers on on salary and getting paid regardless and are figured in in the yearly budget. I’d imagine the fine from Red Bull or Monster would be much higher than the cost of putting a 12-22 place guy on the bike a few rounds.

|

2/23/2020 11:53 AM

1911 wrote:

agn5009 wrote:

1911 wrote:

Wut? Your first sentence says, teams aren’t making money anyways. Which I agree. But with your logic, why field a team at all?

Why would a factory team such as KTM put a rider who probably wont qualify on their team. That's what I'm saying. There is absolutely no point for them to do that. If a solid top 15 guy was available then sure, they may pull the trigger. But they're not going to dump a pile of money into bringing in someone who will be on the cusp of not qualifying each week. They have nothing to gain and lots of money to lose.

I know guys love to see former pros like Weimer and Grant come back but let's be realistic, they may not be able to qualify consistently anymore. It's been a long time (in racing years) since they've done it.

|