Febvre first 1-1 title favourite.

struth
Edited Date/Time 7/7/2015 4:06am
Looked fully in control in moto2 n stalked strijbos n clean pass.
With 39 point lead, it looks like the rookie is on track for 450 title....
Dude is smashing it.
|
7/5/2015 5:14pm
Four MXGP wins in a row is extremely impressive. I hope he can keep it on two wheels for the remainder of the season and win the championship.
Gringoe
7/5/2015 5:23pm
So, there was a couple (probably French) fans calling febvre for the title back before the season started. I had never even really heard of the dude.. Anyway long story short the guy is impressing the shit out of me week in week out.
Ramrod
Fantasy
1692nd
7/5/2015 6:58pm
This guy is dominating and his confidence is high.

Would be cool to see now the rest of the gp's with the healthy 4 early title contenders Nagl, DeSalle, Caroili and RV and see how Fevbre would do.
Fat Fingers
7/5/2015 7:44pm
Assuming Cairoli's injury is not getting any worse, he should be ok to throw down a final assault.

It's Lommel in 2 weeks which he should win then he gets a 3 week break before heading into the last 4 rounds.

This could come down to the final race when you should have Nagl and DeSalle back plus US based riders.

The Shop

mehow2g
7/5/2015 7:54pm
This dude has been killing it he is super hungry and just enjoys being the fastest, I believe he's the fastest in the class right now even if the injured riders were fully fit he probably would be quicker.
struth
7/5/2015 8:04pm Edited Date/Time 7/5/2015 8:05pm
Assuming Cairoli's injury is not getting any worse, he should be ok to throw down a final assault. It's Lommel in 2 weeks which he should...
Assuming Cairoli's injury is not getting any worse, he should be ok to throw down a final assault.

It's Lommel in 2 weeks which he should win then he gets a 3 week break before heading into the last 4 rounds.

This could come down to the final race when you should have Nagl and DeSalle back plus US based riders.

Next week is Latvia,and can't see ac222gaining points on fevbre,with his current injury.
He might be to far back in points if he drops 20 or so points in Latvia.

Dx3moto
7/5/2015 8:21pm
I think Febvre has this in the bag, yes injuries can happen, but with a 39 point lead I'd imagine he's smart enough to bring it on home. It isn't like Cairoli is winning motos though either, Romain keeps extending his lead.
Fat Fingers
7/5/2015 8:24pm
There are 14 moto's left. Its far from being in the bag. Thats like almost a whole supercross series.
davistld01
7/5/2015 9:00pm
There are 14 moto's left. Its far from being in the bag. Thats like almost a whole supercross series.
Exactly. This is Fevbre's first time to get this close...and Cairoli has done it eight times, and with competition just as impressive. Injury or not, TC222 knows how to win a championship. Febvre might do it, but I do t think he'll have a free ride.
Paul333
7/5/2015 9:10pm
He is purely amazing to watch.

Plus he was winning before everyone got hurt. No question after Nagl's injury he deserves the title.

mjskier
7/5/2015 9:12pm
In the same vein as the usual "yo mamma is so fat/ugly/dumb" jokes:
The MXGP series is so weak that some unknown supermoto dude can just show up and take over the point lead Evil

ayearinmx
7/5/2015 10:51pm Edited Date/Time 7/6/2015 1:19am
I'm waiting for people to discover his results from Febvre racing in the USA before, and all the comments about how he got stomped by Jessy Nelson, Justin Hill, Jeremy Martin, Zach Bell, Grant Ransdell and a whole bunch more.... and how they'd now be MXGP red-plate holders if they were racing the world champs
7/6/2015 12:50am
Personally I would like to see Fevbre win it - nothing against Cairoli but it would be a great story and refreshing to have a new MX1 champ. He's apparently known for handling the pressure very well so although this is a unique situation I think he'll be OK in that regard. My only concern for Romain is the sand, along with Tony pouring it on the last few rounds of course. It's going to be fantastic to see but regardless of how it ends; I don't think many of us saw this coming before the season started.
7/6/2015 2:09am
5 years ago, he was just 7 of the France Elite championship. Now he's in the lead in the world championship. Incredible, isn't it ?
RY4N37
7/6/2015 2:19am
I still think Cairoli has a big part to play in this title race, but Febvre is the favourite no doubt
Bruce372
7/6/2015 2:30am
The world needs something other than a ktm winning a championship!
7/6/2015 2:32am
im still with Cairoli , one little mistake from Febvre is enough to close it down ...
CoccoBill
7/6/2015 12:16pm
Assuming Cairoli's injury is not getting any worse, he should be ok to throw down a final assault. It's Lommel in 2 weeks which he should...

And it would be epic...
peelout
7/6/2015 12:28pm
ayearinmx wrote:
I'm waiting for people to discover his results from Febvre racing in the USA before, and all the comments about how he got stomped by Jessy...
I'm waiting for people to discover his results from Febvre racing in the USA before, and all the comments about how he got stomped by Jessy Nelson, Justin Hill, Jeremy Martin, Zach Bell, Grant Ransdell and a whole bunch more.... and how they'd now be MXGP red-plate holders if they were racing the world champs
well, since you brought it up...

any of those listed would be a shoe in for the title, duh
ATKpilot99
7/6/2015 12:37pm
ayearinmx wrote:
I'm waiting for people to discover his results from Febvre racing in the USA before, and all the comments about how he got stomped by Jessy...
peelout wrote:
well, since you brought it up...

any of those listed would be a shoe in for the title, duh
No question . They would have to shorten the motos so they'd win by less than 30 seconds too.
The Rock
7/6/2015 12:40pm
Gringoe wrote:
So, there was a couple (probably French) fans calling febvre for the title back before the season started. I had never even really heard of the...
So, there was a couple (probably French) fans calling febvre for the title back before the season started. I had never even really heard of the dude.. Anyway long story short the guy is impressing the shit out of me week in week out.
I am impressed as well. MXGP and MX2 definitely isn't a repeat of the Jeffrey and Tony show. Still bummed RV's season was cut short....fingers crossed he is announcing he'll be back in 2016.

Tough season for a lot of people IE Nagl and Husqvarna.
Seamorbutts
7/6/2015 12:59pm
struth wrote:
Looked fully in control in moto2 n stalked strijbos n clean pass. With 39 point lead, it looks like the rookie is on track for 450...
Looked fully in control in moto2 n stalked strijbos n clean pass.
With 39 point lead, it looks like the rookie is on track for 450 title....
Dude is smashing it.
Yeah, we can only hope he doesn't get Injured like the rest. After watching this season unfold, I'd say he has a 50/50 shot at staying somewhat healthy.
The Rock
7/6/2015 1:25pm
Dx3moto wrote:
I think Febvre has this in the bag, yes injuries can happen, but with a 39 point lead I'd imagine he's smart enough to bring it...
I think Febvre has this in the bag, yes injuries can happen, but with a 39 point lead I'd imagine he's smart enough to bring it on home. It isn't like Cairoli is winning motos though either, Romain keeps extending his lead.
If there is one thing I have learned about SX/MX it is there is NOTHING in the bag until the checkers fall.

DeCoster knows this too as he refused to shake anyone's hand at Steel City when TP199 was on his way to take the 125 National title over YoT's Roncada. TP199 had it in the bag on the last lap but The Man waited until Travis crossed the finish line and the fat lady sang before accepting any congratulations.
Sunhouse
7/7/2015 3:50am
The Rock wrote:
I am impressed as well. MXGP and MX2 definitely isn't a repeat of the Jeffrey and Tony show. Still bummed RV's season was cut short....fingers crossed...
I am impressed as well. MXGP and MX2 definitely isn't a repeat of the Jeffrey and Tony show. Still bummed RV's season was cut short....fingers crossed he is announcing he'll be back in 2016.

Imagine the shitstorm it would create if RV signed with KTM for next year, thus making Herlings stay in MX2 Laughing
7/7/2015 3:55am
The Rock wrote:
I am impressed as well. MXGP and MX2 definitely isn't a repeat of the Jeffrey and Tony show. Still bummed RV's season was cut short....fingers crossed...

Sunhouse wrote:
Imagine the shitstorm it would create if RV signed with KTM for next year, thus making Herlings stay in MX2 Laughing
Rv and Cairoli at KTM ? lol...what planet are you from ?

Post a reply to: Febvre first 1-1 title favourite.

The Latest